Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA primer pro collator

cvincent

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be awesome if they offered a way to mount it directly to a Dillon press and set it up to feed primers like a case feeder. That would allow you to load every how many primers the bowl will hold and it could feed primers directly into the press as you are running. 

24 minutes ago, bwikel said:

It would be awesome if they offered a way to mount it directly to a Dillon press and set it up to feed primers like a case feeder. That would allow you to load every how many primers the bowl will hold and it could feed primers directly into the press as you are running. 

You must have never experienced a tube light off on you.

8 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

You must have never experienced a tube light off on you.

No I have not because I stop on my 650 when it doesn't feel like the primer is inserting normal. Even if it did light up the stack the way this bowl is designed it looks unlikely it would effect anything held in the bowl feeder, the tube on the press would be destroyed regardless. 

2 minutes ago, bwikel said:

No I have not because I stop on my 650 when it doesn't feel like the primer is inserting normal. Even if it did light up the stack the way this bowl is designed it looks unlikely it would effect anything held in the bowl feeder, the tube on the press would be destroyed regardless. 

The yellow cake gets everywhere. Go long enough and it will blow. There are fun stories out there of some commercial manufacturers who have blown holes in their roofs from the camdex mounted bowl on their offerings. Same idea as this one or having an RF 100 mounted to a press.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:12 AM, bwikel said:

No I have not because I stop on my 650 when it doesn't feel like the primer is inserting normal. 

On a 1050 because the primer feeds on the downstroke there is no "feel" like you do on a 650.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 11:17 AM, Maximis228 said:

The yellow cake gets everywhere. Go long enough and it will blow. There are fun stories out there of some commercial manufacturers who have blown holes in their roofs from the camdex mounted bowl on their offerings. Same idea as this one or having an RF 100 mounted to a press.

I have totally crushed a sideways primer shoving it into a case and never set one off. I have been reloading for over 20 years on 550s and never had a problem with one bullet dropping and setting another off or primers getting set off. If you can drop a whole tube of 100 in a press at one time I don’t see how a machine mounted on top

of the tube dropping one at a time is going to set them off. 

I’m hoping that it’s not as cheaply made as some of the other DAA products. I used to have a DAA mini mr bullet feeder and was very disappointed with the quality of the product. When I upgraded to the mr bullet feeder I was still disappointed with how cheaply things where made. 

I guess I was expecting a little more quality for the price I was paying. 

18 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Has anybody gotten one of these and actually used it yet. Really looking at it but want to hear some feedback first 

Think I read they weren't being released until late Dec. 

On 11/23/2019 at 8:10 PM, Bmans45 said:

I have totally crushed a sideways primer shoving it into a case and never set one off. I have been reloading for over 20 years on 550s and never had a problem with one bullet dropping and setting another off or primers getting set off. If you can drop a whole tube of 100 in a press at one time I don’t see how a machine mounted on top

of the tube dropping one at a time is going to set them off. 

19366522_10158766586390459_6635397014113486040_n.jpg.cae97317c802521cf13c13176004d282.jpg

Yup... I guess im just making this stuff up lol

I saw this on their website the other day.  Looks pretty cool, but personally I don't mind filling primer tubes by hand.  It gives me a break from cranking the handle on the press.  Plus, I timed myself yesterday and it takes me an average of 52 seconds to hunt an peck 100 primers so no real time savings either.  It seems nicely placed between the PAL, Frankford and RF100 though.  If I were to get a primer gadget it would probably be this one.

21 minutes ago, slavex said:

DAA primertube filler is now available to order. There is also a kit with 4 tubes and 4 magnetic collars.

confused. You have the option of buying large tubes in the package deal but description says collator only works with small...

23 minutes ago, GregJ said:

I was very interested in this, but so far my PAL filler (using a dremel tool for vibration) works quite well.  Still watching this thread to see how it performs. 

If your motor died, you can get them on amazon cheap.