Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA primer pro collator

cvincent

On 10/7/2020 at 2:34 PM, OptimiStick said:

Man I must have gotten lucky. Winchesters work just fine in mine - no real difference from CCI and WSPs

Must be karma paying me back for the countless hours I've spent fiddling with the RF100, that most people don't seem to have issues with like I do.

My RF100 ran like crap, until I got the Entirely Crimson primer tube adapter. 

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the DAA Primer Collator, it works but its kinda slow to fill up the primer tube.  By the time it fills the tube my automated press is already finishing up 100 primers, so meanwhile the Primer Collator is working I am also using the Vibra Prime, I can load 3 to 4 tubes faster than the P/C does 100 primers...  Go figure! 

I love my Vibra-Prime also...Poor mans way of loading primers that has worked great...Quickly learned about the small wrist flip action that keeps the primers moving....I might just have to purchase a back up unit just in case mine fails (at least 20,000 primers thru my current unit) or I break something.

Seems to never fail that I find something like this that is easy to use and affordable and then all of a sudden they decide to “make it better” and the original model is no longer available..... Guess my Hurricane Delta stay inside weekend purchase will be a back up Vibra-Prime.....

• 2 months later...

I was messing with my DAA-PP this afternoon, and one thing that seemed to help was shimming the bottom of the unit near the front so that it was sitting a little higher (I used a pair of Federal primer boxes, so not a lot of shim, just a bit). This seemed to really help it. Shimming it too far caused some problems, though, so you may have to play with it.

On 10/10/2020 at 1:32 AM, chgofirefighter said:

I have the DAA Primer Collator, it works but its kinda slow to fill up the primer tube.  By the time it fills the tube my automated press is already finishing up 100 primers, so meanwhile the Primer Collator is working I am also using the Vibra Prime, I can load 3 to 4 tubes faster than the P/C does 100 primers...  Go figure! 

I’ve had the same experience 

• 4 weeks later...

I did purchase one of these and honestly, I'm not impressed. It shuts off automatically if it doesn't fill a 100 round tube in 2 minutes. I'm lucky if I get 30 primers in 2 minutes. Might as well just use the flip tray and prefill 10 tubes.

3 hours ago, Woolybear said:

I did purchase one of these and honestly, I'm not impressed. It shuts off automatically if it doesn't fill a 100 round tube in 2 minutes. I'm lucky if I get 30 primers in 2 minutes. Might as well just use the flip tray and prefill 10 tubes.

Yep, join the crowd. Sent mine back after screwing with it for a month. Buy a Pal Fill and make all your problems go away. JD 

I got rid of mine a few months ago and went back to my RF100, so glad I did. 

I tried all the tricks and fixes that have been posted, some made it better short term but noting helped for heavy use. Seemed like a full time job trying to keep up with the press at 1200rph.

I'm sure some have had success but I feel this has been a big let down from DAA.