Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA primer pro collator

cvincent

12 minutes ago, echotango said:

If your motor died, you can get them on amazon cheap. 

I have the spare motor, but the dremel works so much better, and dont have to worry about batteries. 

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, echotango said:

I converted mine from batteries as soon as I got it. 

You talking about your PAL? Why? I have only changed the batteries once since I bought it. Curious as to reasoning is all

I’m really looking forward to real world reviews of this before I fork over the cash to buy one. I don’t mind plucking primers but if I could not have to pluck primers anymore I wouldn’t complain either way.

Edited by mveto

33 minutes ago, Sarge said:

You talking about your PAL? Why? I have only changed the batteries once since I bought it. Curious as to reasoning is all

Yes, I never tried with batteries.  It was just easier to not deal with them.  I already had everything and just changed it.  As always the batteries would prob die out halfway through 20 tubes and then have to go look for one. 

44 minutes ago, echotango said:

Yes, I never tried with batteries.  It was just easier to not deal with them.  I already had everything and just changed it.  As always the batteries would prob die out halfway through 20 tubes and then have to go look for one. 

👍

11 hours ago, DJRyan13 said:

confused. You have the option of buying large tubes in the package deal but description says collator only works with small...

This was a mistake on their website. They have corrected.

If this thing did large and small I would be in. As of now, if they come out with a large, you would spending $400... meh... definitely will wait for reviews.

On 12/6/2019 at 6:16 PM, DJRyan13 said:

This was a mistake on their website. They have corrected.

If this thing did large and small I would be in. As of now, if they come out with a large, you would spending $400... meh... definitely will wait for reviews.

I would like to believe that this would be a simple bowl upgrade and not another 200. Let also looks like it could be 3d printed.

Base price is $199 without shipping. It only does small primers. MAYBE they will make a large primer version. That's two large machines to load primers VS my PAL filler. That machine takes up a lot of room on a bench. I'll stay with what I have for now. but will be very interested in hearing reviews here when you guys get the Pro.

I ordered one of these as well. I was going to buy the Dillon, however the one trend I noticed was that far more people complained about them than talked about how much they love theirs.

I’ve been pecking away at primers like a chicken for the last four years. It isn’t as bad though because I typically only load 500 rounds at a time on my 650, so the night before I’ll load up 5 primer tubes while watching TV or whatever.

Once I saw this I figured what the hell. Most of my loading is with small primers so not having the large primer capability was a non issue for me. The only toolhead I have fully setup for a large primer cartridge is for 45ACP, but I barely load for that being more focused on 40, 9, and 223.

I hope they ship them out sooner than anticipated because I have a lot of loading to do this winter to have enough ammo that I don’t need to load during the summer.

Well, sure hope it works.  I had an RF100 and could never get it to run reliably.  Basically, had at least 10% upside down primers no matter what I tried.  Currently using a PAL, which works great, but still take a lot of time as you have to sit and hold it while it works.  So filling a dozen or so tubes takes a while.  If this thing works as advertised, it'll be worth the price.

4 hours ago, Slide4949 said:

Been waiting for a new type of primer loading and this looks great. That's has been my wife job, now she can retire once I get the primer pro.

If I asked my wife to do that, she'd probably just look at me and laugh.  She had no problem going up on the roof last week to clean out the gutters when it was 30 degrees.  But fill primer tubes?  No way.

24 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

If I asked my wife to do that, she'd probably just look at me and laugh.  She had no problem going up on the roof last week to clean out the gutters when it was 30 degrees.  But fill primer tubes?  No way.

They make robots for that now too.  ROBOT EVERYTHING

gutterbot.jpg

Edited by CrashDodson

Sorry if this has already been covered but why wouldn't they have designed it to be a table top solution? It needs to overhang? And if your bench/table has an apron/skirt overhanging it might not work? That's a pretty dumb decision by DAA.

Edited by 4n2t0