Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA primer pro collator

cvincent

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, inspector1999 said:

I keep checking to see if they shipped in the US, not yet. All I want for Christmas is a shipping notification....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

So none have been shipped in the us? I want one but starting to sound like dillon with the 1100. You preorder and 6 months later your still waiting. I did not hear that they weren’t shipping after taking orders in the US. 

6 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

So none have been shipped in the us? I want one but starting to sound like dillon with the 1100. You preorder and 6 months later your still waiting. I did not hear that they weren’t shipping after taking orders in the US. 

When the pre-order was placed, expected shipping was after Christmas.  So they aren't late, I am impatient. 

Not reliable with Magtech SPM primers. Ok, these are to lowest of the budget primers, but primer availibility is shite in here. Trying to get S&B nickel coated SPM when available.

Didn't remember that I am out of PTFE dry lub and silicone, but I will keep on testing this apparatus.

16 hours ago, inspector1999 said:

I keep checking to see if they shipped in the US, not yet. All I want for Christmas is a shipping notification....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Per email from DAA north America on 12/24.

"DAA has started to ship them to retail customers in Europe and they shipped the first 240 units to us last Friday. Unfortunately, there have been flight delays, now Customs delays and we may not see these 240 units until next week. Your order sits at #39 in the que, so you will receive yours from this batch."

1 hour ago, Kema said:

Can't fill a single tube without 3-6 primers on wrong way. Just cancel your orders.

Found food grade silicone from my O-ring stash and they are now sliding without problems.

I thought they had a system to where this wouldn’t happen this much. Doesn’t look good. I think I’ll stick to using tubes. If you get this many every tube it’s not worth it at all 

Day 2 of trying this thing and all the fixes discussed in the video. Still can't get it working and as I see it the gap between plates is too high, cant tighten the screws anymore or I start shredding the plastic and if I go in with file they probably wont take it back :)

So I need a new bowl with better tolerances.

Test session three. Tried CCI small and S&B rifle with same results. 

Took the  bowl out of the machine and tested each port individually and almost all of them allow primers to flow thru with wrong side up. Vibration generated by the ratchet makes this even worse. I think the basic principle is very good, but maybe smth in the molding isn't really there. Looking at the parts this could be done with higher precission and better quality. Now it feels like paying 200 EUR for a 20 eur item. 

Maybe someone at China factory decided to use cheap molds and plastics and quality was sacrificed. 

I feel that engineering is rather good, but this first batch is just hit/miss. 

Test session three. Tried CCI small and S&B rifle with same results. 

Took the  bowl out of the machine and tested each port individually and almost all of them allow primers to flow thru with wrong side up. Vibration generated by the ratchet makes this even worse. I think the basic principle is very good, but maybe smth in the molding isn't really there. Looking at the parts this could be done with higher precission and better quality. Now it feels like paying 200 EUR for a 20 eur item. 

Maybe someone at China factory decided to use cheap molds and plastics and quality was sacrificed. 

I feel that engineering is rather good, but this first batch is just hit/miss. 

Thanks for the reviews. Looks like I’ll be waiting to order one myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

Thanks for the reviews. Looks like I’ll be waiting to order one myself

Same here. 1 or 2 is to many let alone up to 6. Look promising but if it that unreliable I’ll pass until they get it figured out or do it with better materials etc. damn I really wanted this to work out. 

Same here. 1 or 2 is to many let alone up to 6. Look promising but if it that unreliable I’ll pass until they get it figured out or do it with better materials etc. damn I really wanted this to work out. 

I think we all did. I hate hand filling tubes, but when I do that I don’t get a single upside down primer. I agree though, even 1 is too many. Slowly filling tubes continues

Hi Guys,

Allow me to share some updates with you.

Myself, the design and assembly team at DAA worked very hard on the Primer-Pro, and we truly believe in its design and ability to be the solution so many of us reloaders have been waiting for for years.

We tested the design extensively, and run every unit for 5 tubes (feeding 500 primers) before shipping out. We were very confident the first few hundred units we shipped out were perfect.

And believe me, we worked hard ( and I mean LOTS of effort and overtime) to get the units shipped out ahead of schedule.

Unfortunately, the feedback we are getting from some users forces us to accept that there are issues we missed. It seem the primers we were testing with ( 3 brands) were not fully representative of the range of primer dimensions which are out there. This leads to some unacceptable upside-down primers getting through, due to the gap between the primer disk and timing disk being a hair too large for the smaller primers found in some brands, where the tolerances in primer height is greater  than we expected or accounted for.

And I FULLY agree that even ONE single upside down primer per tube is one too many! And we have done many runs here with our primers where 0/1000 upside-down were recorded.

So, we have spent most of the past week working on this issue, and we believe we now have a good solution, which is an easy retro-fit to the units already out there and the new ones about to ship out. A laser cut spacer of 0.2mm can be fitted into the primer disk, and it effectively reduces the gap and eliminates those reverse primers. Also a coarser threaded screw for better assembly tension will be used.

We have tested with 11 primer brands so far with perfect results. We are waiting on 2 more brands we have not yet tested with (including the magtech mentioned above) and will confirm with those too. Believe me, after all the R&D time, effort and money put into the Primer-Pro, we have no intention to allow this to be less than perfect!

I urge any early adopters who already received their unit -if you are having any issues with reversed primers – email me at daa@doublealpha.biz so we can send you the spacer and screws. Please do that and allow us the chance to show you the  product will work as advertised, rather than rushing to trash it on forum boards and SM.

To all those waiting for delivery in the USA: We already shipped a few hundred units to the US, but I put a hold on distributing those last week, as soon as we became away of the issue discussed here. We want to ensure that no matter what primer you choose to use, the product functions perfectly.

Resolving this issue in volume will take a couple of weeks, due to the holidays here in Europe. We need to purchase the material required for these spacers and laser cut them, then get them added to all units. This will cause a 2-3 week delay in delivery. I Sincerely apologize for that. If anyone prefers not to wait and wishes to cancel his order for a refund – that is surely possible.

I thank you for taking the time to read this update, and I hope you will give us a little time to make sure this product lives up to the potential we know that it has.

On behalf of all the hard working team at DAA, I wish you a healthy,  happy and successful 2020!

Saul Kirsch,
Double-Alpha Academy

Edited by doublealpha

1 minute ago, ltdmstr said:

Well, that's a first class response.  Much appreciated.  Let's hope the fixes work and this thing turns out to be a good deal for all involved.. 

Having watched Primer-Pro units fill many hundreds of primer tubes over the past few months, I feel very confident it will be!

Saul

1 hour ago, doublealpha said:

Hi Guys,

Myself, the design and assembly team at DAA worked very hard on the Primer-Pro, and we truly believe in its design and ability to be the solution so many of us reloaders have been waiting for for years.

We tested the design extensively, and run every unit for 5 tubes (feeding 500 primers) before shipping out. We were very confident the first few hundred units we shipped out were perfect.

And believe me, we worked hard ( and I mean LOTS of effort and overtime) to get the units shipped out ahead of schedule.

Unfortunately, the feedback we are getting from some users forces us to accept that there are issues we missed. It seem the primers we were testing with ( 3 brands) were not fully representative of the range of primer dimensions which are out there. This leads to some unacceptable upside-down primers getting through, due to the gap between the primer disk and timing disk being a hair too large for the smaller primers found in some brands, where the tolerances in primer height is greater  than we expected or accounted for.

And I FULLY agree that even ONE single upside down primer per tube is one too many! And we have done many runs here with our primers where 0/1000 upside-down were recorded.

So, we have spent most of the past week working on this issue, and we believe we now have a good solution, which is an easy retro-fit to the units already out there and the new ones about to ship out. A laser cut spacer of 0.2mm can be fitted into the primer disk, and it effectively reduces the gap and eliminates those reverse primers. Also a coarser threaded screw for better assembly tension will be used.

We have tested with 11 primer brands so far with perfect results. We are waiting on 2 more brands we have not yet tested with (including the magtech mentioned above) and will confirm with those too. Believe me, after all the R&D time, effort and money put into the Primer-Pro, we have no intention to allow this to be less than perfect!

I urge any early adopters who already received their unit -if you are having any issues with reversed primers – email me at daa@doublealpha.biz so we can send you the spacer and screws. Please do that and allow us the chance to show you the  product will work as advertised, rather than rushing to trash it on forum boards and SM.

To all those waiting for delivery in the USA: We already shipped a few hundred units to the US, but I put a hold on distributing those last week, as soon as we became away of the issue discussed here. We want to ensure that no matter what primer you choose to use, the product functions perfectly.

Resolving this issue in volume will take a couple of weeks, due to the holidays here in Europe. We need to purchase the material required for these spacers and laser cut them, then get them added to all units. This will cause a 2-3 week delay in delivery. I Sincerely apologize for that. If anyone prefers not to wait and wishes to cancel his order for a refund – that is surely possible.

I thank you for taking the time to read this update, and I hope you will give us a little time to make sure this product lives up to the potential we know that it has.

On behalf of all the hard working team at DAA, I wish you a healthy,  happy and successful 2020!

Saul Kirsch,
Double-Alpha Academy

Double alpha had a rough launch on their alpha-x mag pouches as well. But they stood behind the product and made it right with customers, either by shipping them updated parts or by refund. 

No matter how much you think you’ve tested, there are things that won’t come out until the product gets into the hands of consumers, it’s what the company chooses to do when that happens that defines them. I’ve always experienced great customer service from DAA, and I think they deserve the chance to make things right. 

1 hour ago, doublealpha said:

Hi Guys,

Saul Kirsch,
Double-Alpha Academy

What were the brands of primer used during testing?

7 hours ago, doublealpha said:

Hi Guys,

Saul Kirsch,
Double-Alpha Academy

Did you guys use different primers During testing? Sounds like a dumb question but have been hearing a lot of bad things so far with different primers fouling up the system. Lol You guys arnt known for using high quality material in your products.  Really want this to work but when I saw your first YouTube video, I was kinda disappointed. Looks like you used a lot of cheap plastic again. Hope it works out. I’ve had a lot of your products and have been really disappointed in the quality. Maybe you guys can release a beefier and better quality product. 

Edited by Atlasguy321