Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA primer pro collator

cvincent

16 minutes ago, 4n2t0 said:

Sorry if this has already been covered but why wouldn't they have designed it to be a table top solution? It needs to overhang? And if your bench/table has an apron/skirt overhanging it might not work? That's a pretty dumb decision by DAA.

I'd guess it has to do with how the primer tube is mounted, which is probably critical to the design/function of the device.  It would be pretty easy to make a bench top mount from a few pieces of wood.  Something shaped like the bottom portion of a shoe box would work.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, 4n2t0 said:

Sorry if this has already been covered but why wouldn't they have designed it to be a table top solution? It needs to overhang? And if your bench/table has an apron/skirt overhanging it might not work? That's a pretty dumb decision by DAA.

yeah totally dumb, which is why so many people are ordering it. It is actually quite sensible, reduces the height of the unit, making it less likely to fall over (which I've had happen when barely touching the RF100). It's compact, easy to setup and easy to run. If your bench doesn't have room for it as is, a simple board clamped to the edge of your bench would work, or as stated above, build a lift for it, pretty simple, or, just put it on a chair. Or, don't buy it, invent your own stellar tube filler, get it made and marketed and show DAA how is should be done. 

I won't hold my breath

53 minutes ago, slavex said:

yeah totally dumb, which is why so many people are ordering it. It is actually quite sensible, reduces the height of the unit, making it less likely to fall over (which I've had happen when barely touching the RF100). It's compact, easy to setup and easy to run. If your bench doesn't have room for it as is, a simple board clamped to the edge of your bench would work, or as stated above, build a lift for it, pretty simple, or, just put it on a chair. Or, don't buy it, invent your own stellar tube filler, get it made and marketed and show DAA how is should be done. 

I won't hold my breath

Wow, lol, have fun with your new toy fanboy.

Edited by 4n2t0

RF's are pretty hefty and bottom heavy, hard to believe someone could knock one over "barely touching it..." lol, but I guess stranger things have happened.

As I've stated before, I'm pretty happy with mine - both have rheostats - one was upgraded, one came from Dillon with it.  I run Winchester Primers almost 100% of the time - no issues.  Once initially tuned, they run like a top really.

That being said, AD makes (or is licensed to produce, I think?) a great bullet feeder, so they usually turn out decent stuff.  The Primer filler actually looks nicer than their automatic brass marker, which I have - which is kind of a garage project rushed into production too soon IMO.  To bad they don't have a LP option, one would assume they will follow up with one.  They may just be testing the market with the SP version first due to popular SP calibers.

So was this a pre order? I got the email too, and the website said they were in stock, but some of these posts are saying pre order? Just looking for some reviews since I forgot to order one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, cvincent said:

So was this a pre order? I got the email too, and the website said they were in stock, but some of these posts are saying pre order? Just looking for some reviews since I forgot to order one..

13 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

When someone finally gets one we need feedback. It looks cool but is it worth 200. 

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time cuz the first batch already sold out.  Can't get it till February.  Had posted a youtube review above. Take a look. 

I'll got mine end of December or as soon as they shipped.  The only thing I don't like for now is they don't provide a solution to fix it on the bench to avoid accidental fall of the unit.  

Edited by BigEar

3 minutes ago, BigEar said:

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time cuz the first batch already sold out.  Can't get it till February.  Had posted a youtube review above. Take a look. 

I'll got mine end of December or as soon as they shipped.  The only thing I don't like for now is they don't provide a solution to fix it on the bench to avoid accidental fall of the unit.  

Idk if I I consider Gavins video a review. It’s more of an overview 

$200 is not even a full case of primers up here these days. I bought a Revolution with primer collator to not have to load tubes again, but I still load on the 1050 fairly often and hate loading tubes for that

Damn, where are you located that primers are that expensive? I have a local guy that sells cci SPP and srp for $150/5k. Also got them for $149/5k on MidSouth last month too.

And I agree, I hate loading them, just not sure I hate it that much lol

1 hour ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

Damn, where are you located that primers are that expensive? I have a local guy that sells cci SPP and srp for $150/5k. Also got them for $149/5k on MidSouth last month too.

i got in on that deal as well. .02 is great cant complain and no hazmat

2 hours ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

Don't be fooled by the DAA fanboy, he's talking CAD not USD.

Although we'll always pay a little more being Canadian, primer prices up here are similar to what you mentioned.

Edited by 4n2t0

I did ok with the Federal SPP that were on crazy cheap a few months back, shipped them to 5 different addresses and got 5 X $100US rebate cheques.  maybe cost me $30 extra in shipping to split the orders up.

taxes in -3.5c each primer (in Canadian pesos)

yeah we get lucky now and then for primers, currently 5k of CCI is bang on $200, Federal $225ish (CDN) and S&B $180, but they've been much higher, seen Federals at $60/1000. 

I'm seriously loving this DAA fanboy thing, I wonder how Saul and Eli would react to that? Oooh crap, I must be a Mk7 cultist then too. And what about CZ? Man I must straight up be all Cthulhu over them

6 hours ago, slavex said:

I'm seriously loving this DAA fanboy thing

It's the name you deserve when someone, in this case me, can't criticize a product without you going off the deep end.

Needing to hang this thing off the side of a bench, or modify your bench to secure it, wasn't a smart design decision in my opinion. It looks like others are starting to figure that out:

On 12/12/2019 at 10:25 PM, BigEar said:

The only thing I don't like for now is they don't provide a solution to fix it on the bench to avoid accidental fall of the unit.  

Maybe I'm not giving DAA a fair shake. This could all be part of a larger sales tactic (which I don't begrudge them for). Bench attachment accessory $20, large primer conversion kit $50, press integration system $100. If so, then I can at least wrap my head around the initial design.

Edited by 4n2t0