Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nemesis or Titan

IDAHOAASHOOTER

I'm gonna sell my chaos and go back to limited, after owning an Atlas I'm gonna stick with them. I just have a hard time justifying the extra 1k$+ for a sigh block gun. 

Let's be real, I'm a low A shooter in open. Pretty solid B in limited. Is that extra $ really worth it? I'm a hobby shooter that just has alot of fun in this racket. 

I've shot a nemesis briefly, maybe 20 rounds. Felt great, but I've never shot a Titan. My last limited gun was a 6" so I've never put a ton of rounds through a 5" limited gun to begin with. 

Any experiences y'all might be able to share would be appreciated! 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never handled or shot any of the poppers you've mentioned, but wonder what makes them better than a STI Edge or DVC-L? The fit and finish on my DVC seems pretty high quality; so from you experience what sets these other apart?

I'm a high B class limited shooter who also just does it as a hobby, and I've never thought spending more money than an Edge would be really worth the investment. 

Now if I were touring the country winning majors, then I'd look into something custom and expensive. 

@rowdyb has a thread going on his Titan journey.

I'm in the same boat. I've been looking for a while, decided on Atlas, and was wondering which to run for limited. I decided on the Nemesis after speaking with Adam at Atlas. I can confirm the exceptional customer service btw. I emailed him a question and he responded within minutes to give him a call directly. 

I loved my Titan. I bought a buy it now one and it was great. It definitely felt like everything was hand fit and had attention to it. The dvc limited I shot once felt nice, but different. It was click click versus snick snick of the Titan. 

I also just used mbx mags in mine. If I can ever break up with Prod and I wanted to shoot limited I'd get one again.

I have friends with each and have shot them both, my impression is the Titan feels like a limited gun, and the Nemesis feels like a cross between a limited and open guns.to me the sight block is nice but the difference in feel was the biggest thing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have an Atlas Titan, and shot plenty of friends’ DVCs. Absolutely night and day difference; the tolerances, fit, and attention to detail are so much better in an Atlas, it’s clear that STIs are mass produced. 

Additionally, the build with an Atlas w/ PT Evo and metal trigger vs an STI polymer grip with a cheap trigger is also no comparison. 

Personally I don’t think a Titan vs a Nemesis will really slow you down in any way. Charlie Perez seems to do just fine with his Titan (and JJ did win Nationals last year with a borrowed Nemesis). In any case, deciding between a Titan and Nemesis is a good problem to have. 

Appreciate the replies fellas, luckily I have plenty of time to decide. After the holidays at least with this move coming up. We will see what the future brings. A really good local shooter AJ gave me some insight as well a few weeks back. Guess I just wanted to hear what other experienced shooters had to say on the topic. 

I do this as a hobby too. I have been shooting and Akai sight tracker for the last four or five years. I was thinking to go with another Akai, but the weight times are long. I started looking at Atlas, doing some research and decided to get a nemesis. I called Atlas to ask a couple questions. They picked up the phone and answered them right away. So nice and friendly... After I ordered the gun, I had a few questions. I emailed them and got a reply within an hour at 7:45 PM from Adam. I thought that was pretty nice. The owner got right back to me and after hours too. I love the fit and finish and it runs sooo smooth. I am very happy with my purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. I hit reply to soon. As far as the extra $1,000 for the sight block, I am more of the “buy once cry once” type. I do think it helps the gun shoot flatter, but how much I do not know. It does shoot a little flatter then my Akai.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would say absolutely 100% the nemesis is better, I was going to go that route but then went open. My buddy just got two nemesis and I think they're the best limited gun on the market. IMO if you subscribe to the 'you need two guns for USPSA' theory then maybe get a nemesis and a titan if money is a concern but at least get the nemesis. 

On 8/30/2019 at 1:39 PM, kalaikanui said:

Never handled or shot any of the poppers you've mentioned, but wonder what makes them better than a STI Edge or DVC-L? The fit and finish on my DVC seems pretty high quality; so from you experience what sets these other apart?

not sure if srius.

mrs moto and I have 2 edges (now our backups) and 2 titans (our primary guns). heavier grip and lighter slide, and the shape of the evo grip means the gun returns more quickly to a predictable spot so I can shoot non-hoser targets significantly more quickly. The DVC seems like a nice gun, but if you take a new dvc and put a steel grip on it, you're not going to be far off the cost of a titan. after 15k or so rounds through the guns, there is still no perceptible play in the slide/frame fit or the barrel lockup, and both titans shoot extremely accurately, with sub 2lb triggers out of the box.

plus side of the sti's is they required alot less research and fussing (like, none) to get them running perfectly for us, whereas the shorter and shallower feed ramp of the atlas guns makes them pretty finicky about magazine tuning. We finally solved that problem by having the feed ramps cut to a more conventional angle.

Just looked through their website. Looks like you can't buy a Titan (40SW)  anymore unless you go full custom which is $4700 minimum.  
Thought I saw a video recently where the Titan is a gun that is available with no wait now. You can just order it and have it shipped immediately.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Explosiveo said:

Thought I saw a video recently where the Titan is a gun that is available with no wait now. You can just order it and have it shipped immediately.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yes, I just talked to them. It is now either in stock or not. Right now it is out of stock. Should be ready in a week or so.

Edited by cheby

5 hours ago, Moloch38 said:

I would wait if you can, looks like Atlas is about to announce a new model this week? Not sure exactly what it is, but probably worth the wait to see what's up.

It's called the Athena and it's a slide-mounted optic version of the Hyperion, I believe. 9mm only. 

Titan or Nemesis...... Both are great guns which are designed for specific shooters needs. I had the opportunity to test drive both before I settled on the one that works the best for my style of shooting. The Nemesis helps return the muzzle to a level position when the slide snaps forward due to the extra weight out front on the sight block. How hard you grip the gun directly affects this “return to level” scenario. For me, I grip the gun HARD. Hard enough that the extra weight out front worked against me and I couldn’t stop the muzzle from dipping low as the slide snapped forward. The standard Titan obviously has less weight out front so it didn’t have the same dipping low problem using the same grip pressure. I wanted the Nemesis to be “better” for me because it is a really cool gun. But in the end I went with the one that performed the best for my style of shooting which was the Titan.

This is where you need to check your ego at the door and test drive both to see which model performs better with how YOU shoot. Regardless of if one costs more of less than the other, pick the one that works best for you.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:54 PM, CHA-LEE said:

Titan or Nemesis...... Both are great guns which are designed for specific shooters needs. I had the opportunity to test drive both before I settled on the one that works the best for my style of shooting. The Nemesis helps return the muzzle to a level position when the slide snaps forward due to the extra weight out front on the sight block. How hard you grip the gun directly affects this “return to level” scenario. For me, I grip the gun HARD. Hard enough that the extra weight out front worked against me and I couldn’t stop the muzzle from dipping low as the slide snapped forward. The standard Titan obviously has less weight out front so it didn’t have the same dipping low problem using the same grip pressure. I wanted the Nemesis to be “better” for me because it is a really cool gun. But in the end I went with the one that performed the best for my style of shooting which was the Titan.

This is where you need to check your ego at the door and test drive both to see which model performs better with how YOU shoot. Regardless of if one costs more of less than the other, pick the one that works best for you.

Would playing with the recoil spring weight help with the muzzle dip on the nemesis?  

29 minutes ago, Mike21STI said:

Would playing with the recoil spring weight help with the muzzle dip on the nemesis?  

Of course and I did try different springs. I tried a wide range of recoil and hammer springs along with firing pin stops in an attempt to mitigate the muzzle dip on the Nemesis and I couldn't eliminate the dip with my normal hard grip pressure. The only way I could eliminate the dip is if I gripped the gun with 50% of my normal grip pressure. If I did that then the muzzle would come right back down to level. Like I said, these guns are designed for specific shooters needs. If you don't have a hard grip pressure then the Nemesis will likely track and return to level better for you.

The problem with that is its a bitter pill for Type A personality shooters to accept. They all think they are gripping the gun "Hard" when in reality they are not. This is why I suggeste to test drive both and see which one works best for you.