Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
lfine

Am I the only one here done with The Walking Dead?

Or maybe the only one left - until now? After last night's "finale" disappointment, I have an hour freed up every week. 

I'm still clinging to it hoping for a few blockbuster episodes but I just don't think it's going to happen. The plot is really struggling.

Hasn’t been good since before Negan.  New showrunners turned it from one of the best shows on TV to something unwatchable.

56 minutes ago, Nghthwk1911 said:

it died for me at the end of season 2.  Never went back.

nailed it

They lost me when they stopped putting sights on their m4s... Like 4years ago... Dumb.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I lost interest in it a while back. First few seasons were good then it went downhill quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My interest in TWD was always tenuous but it quickly faded after the first few seasons.  It was a neat idea that was poorly executed from the outset but I, foolishly, kept thinking it might get better.  It didn't.

I like to think it ended when they got to Alexandria. Happy ending. Show really went down hill from there. 

I could not even finish last year and have not even bothered to watch this year. Constant win/lose made me dizzy, so I fell of the habit of watching.

I think there is one more season left then they milk the spinoffs. But geez some of those zombies must be getting pretty rotten by now.

Just like the recycled plot lines. 

I figured I would see it through the end. Might has well. 

On 4/17/2018 at 5:34 PM, xdnok said:

I could not even finish last year and have not even bothered to watch this year. Constant win/lose made me dizzy, so I fell of the habit of watching.

Same here.

Can’t say precisely when...but at some point, the interesting aspects of TWD (survival,  resource gathering, adrenaline, etc) gave way to a soap opera melodrama. 

The writers don’t even bother creating suspense or fear in the audience. It’s a zombie show, not Greys Anatomy! 

You know, if Rick just held on to one round every time he runs after someone shooting, even Barney Fife style, when he finally catches up he'd have a much easier time.  

Me too. I didn't make it through half of one show before the stupidness ran me off.

I lost interest a few seasons ago when they started to do back stories on 3rd & 4th level characters...the main plot just became too repetitive.

I have faith that the new season will get back to what it once was.

I have so much time in it now I cant just stop............lol

It has been the same thing for many seasons now -

Stop/Settle somewhere (Farm House, Prison, Alexandria, Hilltop), then ruin the place and move to the next location to ruin.

To me it was best in the beginning when they were scavengers and nomadic. Now they seem to have an endless supply of electric, food, water, shelter, fuel, etc.

2 hours ago, Umbrarian said:

It has been the same thing for many seasons now -

Stop/Settle somewhere (Farm House, Prison, Alexandria, Hilltop), then ruin the place and move to the next location to ruin.

To me it was best in the beginning when they were scavengers and nomadic. Now they seem to have an endless supply of electric, food, water, shelter, fuel, etc.

ammo

cans

full auto with barrels that seem to shoot crooked

but I have yet to see a twinkie

On 4/16/2018 at 7:31 PM, Nghthwk1911 said:

it died for me at the end of season 2.  Never went back.

Second ^

Was good up until then. After they started doing stupid stuff and lost my interest