Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Am I the only one here done with The Walking Dead?

lfine

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got into it late and was getting the DVD's so I could just watch the show... then I caught up.
For me the show is 100% unwatchable on tv due to the constant repetitive commercials.  Then add in the  stupid mid season breaks,, like good grief, just got interested and its gonna be a couple months till next epeisode.
I picked it up again recently when I was able to stream it,, but then once again, it simply ended in mid season.
I'll keep watching if it ever comes back. Not alot on Netflix or Amazon that catches my eye, usually trying to find something to watch late at night after night shifts when I cant go outside, but to wired to go to bed.

Closest I've come to quitting was when Glenn met his true love, Dumpster-chan, followed by the season finale where you have to guess who Negan took out and Kirkman decided to do victory laps on various TV shows rubbing it in fans' faces he knows who dies and you don't.

I'm someone who hates having knowledge held over me so my brain just cut me off from caring until the show came back 8 months later, but Kirkman's smugness and that miraculous dumpster brought me close to quitting.

• 4 weeks later...

Way to bring back an old post and an old show... is it still running? I completely forgot the show. Started watching FTWD, which really seemed to do a little better, then at the end of whatever season I never picked it back up.

On 6/21/2020 at 8:22 PM, Edwards30 said:

I honestly didn't know it was still going.  I stopped watching when Negan was introduced.

Me too.  I didn't care at all for the physical mannerisms of the actor (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) playing Negan.

Early on in the series, I couldn't stand the acting of Jon Bernthal who played Shane.  Was very glad when they got rid of the character.

I liked the show overall for a while but then suddenly lost interest.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Man that season finale was rough...

"We need to take out the skins!" Genius idea Mr. Dixon, why didn't anyone think of this sooner? And then they all just get off-screened as if the hard part was just coming up with the idea and weaving through a horde to silently execute the armed humans disguised as walkers is just child's play.

kinda a huge plot hole anyway with the hole whisperers anyways.  Early seasons folks had to completely cover them selves with dead goo for this to work,,, now they just need a dried hoodie.

On 10/9/2020 at 7:12 PM, Silver_Surfer said:

This is where the show should've ended.OIP.ayYrePyl1UNZBaqjFe1a4wHaEK?pid=Api&ralexandria-gates1.jpg

In retrospect, yes. God only knows how they are going to tie it all together in their last 30 episodes. Seems just long enough to build up one last storyline they can end in a wholly unsatisfying way.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...