Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What got you into Open?

Thaunk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like a couple of other, When I started there were no divisions, everybody shot heads up, show up with a 38 revolver and go for the match win against the guy with the latest full House Boland compgun in 45. I ended up getting into open because that’s were all the cool kids were

When I started there were no divisions .. everything was heads up.. always kept something around for open after they created Limited.. dropped  out of Limited 2 years ago when vision started to go down hill .. only do Open and PCC now..

I was a limited shooter and I was not having fun at all. I was at a local match when I saw Lesgar and Rory having fun challenging each other. After the match Rory let me fire a couple of rounds and that was it. I bought a Trubor and gave it try. I was hooked from there; after about six months I had Lesgar build me a custom gun and the rest is history.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:13 PM, Jake Di Vita said:

I think it allows for the highest possible expression of speed and accuracy and pushing the boundaries of human performance is what interests me. The nature of the equipment means also that mistakes are far more costly in open than in any other division. Razor thin margins at peak speed and accuracy is the epitome of racing to me.

This is exactly the reason.  If this ISN'T your reason you reeeallyy aren't shooting open.  

The way I see it is every stage is a problem.  The goal is to score the highest possible HF.  Open allows you to chase that goal wholeheartedly because your equipment is focused solely on that goal.

To the OP -> I never "swapped" into open.  Started there and still have zero desire to get into any other division for the reasons stated above.  If I'm going to play the game, I'm going to play "the game".

I think it allows for the highest possible expression of speed and accuracy and pushing the boundaries of human performance is what interests me. The nature of the equipment means also that mistakes are far more costly in open than in any other division. Razor thin margins at peak speed and accuracy is the epitome of racing to me.
+1

Though I personally like shooting all of the divisions, each has its own flavor. Not to mention that some of the heat will never shoot anything except for one of the other divisions, so if you want to see how you stack up you got to go play their game.