Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

10 hours ago, bwikel said:

I run a timney 3lb in an AR9 and have 10k plus on it with no issues. 

Same here,

Put a 9 rifle together on a beat lower receiver. Put a Hyper fire in it but because the trigger pin holes were worn out,

the trigger would not re-set. Had a very used drop in Timney 3lb laying around. Put it in. No problem after lots of rd's.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

Put a Hyper fire in it but because the trigger pin holes were worn out,

Off topic but there are kits to repair worn/enlarged trigger and hammer pin holes.  Not expensive but would be a life-saver if you have problems with a registered M-16 lower.

http://www.tacticalinc.com/stbatrade-ar15m16-stainless-trigger-bushing-hex-head-pin-assembly-p-1138.html

5 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Off topic but there are kits to repair worn/enlarged trigger and hammer pin holes.  Not expensive but would be a life-saver if you have problems with a registered M-16 lower.

http://www.tacticalinc.com/stbatrade-ar15m16-stainless-trigger-bushing-hex-head-pin-assembly-p-1138.html

Interesting,

Did not know that.

Thanks

I have been running a 3# Timney drop-in flat trigger in mine for more than a year of competition with no problems. However I ordered a Hyperfire 24C just this week because of the good deal I found, just to try it out. May put it in something else also. I am pretty much a Geissele S3G guy most of the time.

I have a Hiperfire 24c in my Steel Challenge PCC.  I have a Hiperfire 24 3G in my USPSA PCC and my daughter has a Hiperfire 24C in her PCC.  Common denominator?  Get a Hiperfire and be done with it.

On 3/10/2018 at 11:05 PM, alanm said:

I’m using CMC triggers and have had no problems or complaints 

Surprised you haven't been breaking more firing pins, like one every 1k rounds or so.   Let me know if you have no issues with firing pin as the hammer force is excessive at least on the one I tested yesterday.  It makes my hiprefire hammer fall feel like a gnat where the CMC is like thor's hammer.

On 3/19/2018 at 7:34 AM, jtrump said:

Surprised you haven't been breaking more firing pins, like one every 1k rounds or so.   Let me know if you have no issues with firing pin as the hammer force is excessive at least on the one I tested yesterday.  It makes my hiprefire hammer fall feel like a gnat where the CMC is like thor's hammer.

You jinxed me. Broke a pin on my new gun in 40 rounds. 

6 hours ago, Piracy85 said:

Elftmann AR9 trigger. Crisp reset and brake. Preferred this after shooting hiperfire for 5-6k rounds

I have been surprised to see a lack of comments of people using the elftman in this post.

I don't know if it's the extra cost, or not?

I am glad to hear you are liking it, because I am leaning toward using one in my Kronos build.

16 minutes ago, Startingover said:

I have been surprised to see a lack of comments of people using the elftman in this post.

I don't know if it's the extra cost, or not?

I am glad to hear you are liking it, because I am leaning toward using one in my Kronos build.

.The reason you aren't seeing a lot of comments with people using Elf triggers is until they released their 9mm version  they didn't have one that would reliably run in a PCC.

JP trigger is my favorite.  Hiperfire 24C a close second.

Grime from shooting PCC can interfere with the Hiperfire if you don't keep it clean.  The springs form a sort of cage that trap grit.  It's failed on more than one occasion for me.  Brake cleaner and an air hose solve this.

18 hours ago, alanm said:

You jinxed me. Broke a pin on my new gun in 40 rounds. 

Sorry man!   I literally was  testing the CMC a few days ago and that thing hits so hard it hurts my thumb, its possibly twice the force at my Hiperfire eclipse.   Also the person using it was breaking firing pins every thousand rounds give or take.    He broke the firing pin on the 3rd shot of a stage, cleared a jam, and then somehow finished the stage with a broken firing pin...   I have no idea how it ran,  the 2 cases he dropped out had what looked like light strikes.   Pulled pin after the stage and it was deff broken.

I had two lite strikes during a match and went to the safe area and found that the pin was broken.  With no spare I cleaned out the pin tunnel and got out some metal chips and put it back together.  I shot 3 more stages with no more lite strikes.  Now I keep 2 spare pins in my bag.