Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/8/2018 at 12:50 PM, MoRivera said:

I'm giving a Geissele B-GRF 'Rapid fire' trigger a try.  Now I did some research and saw that the S3G and S3G-E (on which this trigger is supposedly based) are not reliable in 9mm PCC's....BUT.......I have a B-G2S that I tried in the same PCC with the same BCG a while back.  And even though I ended up putting the G2S in my 5.56, it ran flawlessly through around 400 rounds in PCC before I switched it.  Reason why I point that out is that the hammer profile of the GRF looks to be identical to the G2S, but different from the S3G and S3G-E.  From the research I did it's the hammer profile on the S3G that wasn't allowing reliable reset upon cycling, and from personal experience the profile on the B-G2S works fine.  Only concern is I'm using the lighter trigger spring in the GRF, so I'm wondering if that will affect reset with 9mm.  But dry-cycling so far seems to have a very definite reset, whereas I've felt trigger groups that are very light on felt reset and have failed during live-fire.

Dry-firing, the 'break' on the GRF is interesting...like a highly polished mil spec, but with virtually no take-up and less travel.  Not a sharp, super-short glass-rod break with no overtravel like some like.  Definitely more of a 'roll' than the sharper shelf of the POF flat-faced that I had in there before.  Kind of reminds me of the single-action break on some of my CZ pistols.  Reset has a bit of travel, but once it resets there's again very little to no pre-travel before the break again, so I guess that's why they call it the 'Rapid Fire'.  Will test out tomorrow and see how she runs.

Reason why I switched out was a) The POF flat-faced still feels a bit heavy, and b) I just like curved-face triggers more than flat-ones.  If the GRF doesn't work out, may try a Hiperfire Reflex.

Fired around 200 rds today to test, and just like the B-G2S, the B-GRF works fine with my 9mm PCC Glock-mag setup.  Not problems resetting or anything.  Just as when dry-firing, it feels to me sort of like a lightened MilSpec trigger.  It's a nice and controllable pull, but with a certain 'roll' to it and a bit more overtravel than, say, a POF single-stage. It can fire pretty fast but I can't really ride the reset like I do on others, you just sort of let it all back and yank as fast as you can....so I can see how it's not recommended for slow-steady accurate shots.  But again I like the curved shape and somewhere down the road I may try a Hiperfire 'Reflex' (24G I think).

But chalk this one up as working with PCC, at least with my BCG.....which I think is a Foxtrot Mike or something, don't really remember.

Edited by MoRivera
19 hours ago, lacivilian said:

Hiperfire 24C or 24ECL. This shouldn't even be up for debate. Comparing other triggers to it is an unfair fight. Sure you may break a firing pin after 3k rounds but that is the small small price you pay for performance. 

Really cause I took my Hyperfire out and went to a JP.  Solid wall with Zero creep. Shorter reset.  No bumpfire issues.  There are plenty of good trigger options out there.  Hyperfire is by no means the end all be all of triggers.

3 hours ago, 3gunnuts said:

Really cause I took my Hyperfire out and went to a JP.  Solid wall with Zero creep. Shorter reset.  No bumpfire issues.  There are plenty of good trigger options out there.  Hyperfire is by no means the end all be all of triggers.

Agreed. Although I have a 24c in my current set up I have used triggers as good or better than it. It was a prize table pick up so free is good. Those acting like it's the end all be all of triggers should get out more. I'm waiting to start breaking firing pins now with the extra force it hits with. We shall see. 

On 12/15/2018 at 8:02 PM, bwikel said:

Agreed. Although I have a 24c in my current set up I have used triggers as good or better than it. It was a prize table pick up so free is good. Those acting like it's the end all be all of triggers should get out more. I'm waiting to start breaking firing pins now with the extra force it hits with. We shall see. 

I am shopping for firing pins today after breaking my second one with a JP Trigger.  Tips keep breaking off.

• 2 weeks later...

Just put a Hiperfire 'Reflex' unit in mine, will be testing out tomorrow.  I like the pull, crisper break than the Geissele 'Rapid Fire' trigger and not as much travel.  So far just trying it dry I have the red springs in and honestly I don't really feel the need to go lighter in pull/break with the heavier green springs.  Also probably helps extend the life of my firing pin vs. the green ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried the Hiperfire Reflex with the green/2.5-lb springs, and it's great.  Light/crisp pull, and completely reliable on reset and everything with 9mm.  I think I've finally found the trigger to settle on for me.  My groups were also better than before.  Only thing is now I have some extra triggers lying around.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:17 AM, Startingover said:

Looking for feedback from those of you with the new CMC 9mm trigger, hows it working out?

I want to finish building my other gun, and the trigger is my last big purchase for it.

I am pretty happy with my Elftmann, but there is a $80 difference in price, and I could use that money to buy a charging handle!

I’ve been very happy with my CMC 9mm trigger its worked great at every match and practice session. Zero issues, mine breaks at just under 3lbs, I would highly recommend the CMC.

57 minutes ago, CaliPCC said:

Ive ordered a hiperfire reflex and was wondering if anyone had opinions about using red springs vs green? Will it effect reliability or operation? Thank you.

You could see my posts above.  So far no reliability issues at all....around 400 rds with the red, and 200 with the green, shooting a local IDPA match tmrw with it.  The red springs feel pretty good, like a nice medium-weight (competition-wise, it's still pretty light at around 3.5 lbs) trigger that's plenty easy.  But the greens just make it lighter and seem quicker, and personally my groups improved with the greens so far.

Only thing is that the green springs may wear the firing pin down sooner so I'll have to keep an eye on that, but so far very happy with it.

Edited by MoRivera
9 hours ago, ABQautoxer said:

I realize that and I really like my JP Armageddon trigger in my GMR. This is the budget build for the GF that will likely be our backup gun once we get a JP for her if she sticks with PCC. At $160 shipped, it's quite a big difference in price.

The price is the big thing for me also.

Still haven't picked up the CMC yet, but I can buy a charging handle or something for the difference between it and my Elftmann.

Can you please let us know what you think and how well it running when get it going.

2 hours ago, Startingover said:

The price is the big thing for me also.

Still haven't picked up the CMC yet, but I can buy a charging handle or something for the difference between it and my Elftmann.

Can you please let us know what you think and how well it running when get it going.

Will do. It’s really the main thing the FM9 needs. I’d love to play with the buffer setup but so far it’s so reliable I’m afraid to mess with it.