Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

The curved one that they are showing is the Hipertouch Elite.

Yeah, they renamed the triggers the 243g which is now the reflex is the 24c with curved trigger I believe. 

Edited by HoMiE
1 hour ago, tha1000 said:

Are there any of the billion Hiperfire triggers that are the same as the 24c but with a curved trigger profile?

No. Sadly you have to get either the 24C or the 24ECL. Don't forget that they have the finger pad that does have a slight curve to it. I will be picking up the 24ECL soon.

3 minutes ago, lacivilian said:

No. Sadly you have to get either the 24C or the 24ECL. Don't forget that they have the finger pad that does have a slight curve to it. I will be picking up the 24ECL soon.

I just ordered the 24c. Whatever. Still cheaper than another 2011

• 3 weeks later...

Pof in my mbx worked for 3500ish rounds no broken firing pin 

ar gold sr .308 in my mbx 600 rounds no broken firing pin 

splits with pof open 10 yard target .14

splits with ar gold open 10 yard  target .12 

the pof has no takeup, breaks reset is back at original starting point. 

ar gold .8 oz short take up breaks reset is extremely short. 

Edited by Bwillis

I'm on the lookout again..

Hiperfire 24c: Susceptible to gunking up.  Just about every match, I'd end up with hammer down on a live round towards the end of the match.  Basically, after the 24c got gunked up a bit, it got easier to beat the reset.  Also, not real friendly on firing pins.

Timney 667: Not susceptible to gunking up like the 24c was, and after ~1,000 rounds, I don't see any sign of odd wear on the replacement firing pin.  Unfortunately, it started doubling on me so it has to go.

I'm on the lookout again..

Hiperfire 24c: Susceptible to gunking up.  Just about every match, I'd end up with hammer down on a live round towards the end of the match.  Basically, after the 24c got gunked up a bit, it got easier to beat the reset.  Also, not real friendly on firing pins.

Timney 667: Not susceptible to gunking up like the 24c was, and after ~1,000 rounds, I don't see any sign of odd wear on the replacement firing pin.  Unfortunately, it started doubling on me so it has to go.

If your PCC is “gunking up” that much, I strongly suggest you evaluate what you are running through it. I’ve run close to 20k rounds through mine with several different powders and only clean every 2-3k rounds without issue. It even continued to run with little chunks of brass under it from a round that blew apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 minutes ago, 1911luvr said:

If your PCC is “gunking up” that much, I strongly suggest you evaluate what you are running through it. I’ve run close to 20k rounds through mine with several different powders and only clean every 2-3k rounds without issue. It even continued to run with little chunks of brass under it from a round that blew apart.

Sometimes its how you lube it versus what ammo you run. Everything in a PCC upper/lower that has an oil film will attract power residue. I run my bolt with minimum lube just on the contact points and it runs a lot cleaner. I have also played around with using spray PTFE for lube. It worked really well but I haven't tested it long enough to understand how long it is effective. 

Sometimes its how you lube it versus what ammo you run. Everything in a PCC upper/lower that has an oil film will attract power residue. I run my bolt with minimum lube just on the contact points and it runs a lot cleaner. I have also played around with using spray PTFE for lube. It worked really well but I haven't tested it long enough to understand how long it is effective. 

Good point. I run a Taccom Extreme bolt with barely any lube, so it doesn’t attract all the crap that a wet AR does.

++ I have many, many rounds through the pcc, AR, and AR-.22 conversion kit with Hiperfire triggers. No issues with "gunking up" even running dirty titegroup.

That said, it does seem to eat pins and springs in the conversion kits after ~10k rounds.

You want to see dirty, shoot a few thousand rimfire cartridges in the AR...

1 hour ago, 1911luvr said:

I run Magtech 124 ammo in the pcc, it's not excessively dirty, but it isn't clean either.  Biggest issue was that the crud liked to build up under the trigger frame, so without tearing the trigger apart after every match, I couldn't get it all out.  Worked out well though, the Hiperfire now lives in my 3gun rifle and seems quite happy there :)

I'm giving a Geissele B-GRF 'Rapid fire' trigger a try.  Now I did some research and saw that the S3G and S3G-E (on which this trigger is supposedly based) are not reliable in 9mm PCC's....BUT.......I have a B-G2S that I tried in the same PCC with the same BCG a while back.  And even though I ended up putting the G2S in my 5.56, it ran flawlessly through around 400 rounds in PCC before I switched it.  Reason why I point that out is that the hammer profile of the GRF looks to be identical to the G2S, but different from the S3G and S3G-E.  From the research I did it's the hammer profile on the S3G that wasn't allowing reliable reset upon cycling, and from personal experience the profile on the B-G2S works fine.  Only concern is I'm using the lighter trigger spring in the GRF, so I'm wondering if that will affect reset with 9mm.  But dry-cycling so far seems to have a very definite reset, whereas I've felt trigger groups that are very light on felt reset and have failed during live-fire.

Dry-firing, the 'break' on the GRF is interesting...like a highly polished mil spec, but with virtually no take-up and less travel.  Not a sharp, super-short glass-rod break with no overtravel like some like.  Definitely more of a 'roll' than the sharper shelf of the POF flat-faced that I had in there before.  Kind of reminds me of the single-action break on some of my CZ pistols.  Reset has a bit of travel, but once it resets there's again very little to no pre-travel before the break again, so I guess that's why they call it the 'Rapid Fire'.  Will test out tomorrow and see how she runs.

Reason why I switched out was a) The POF flat-faced still feels a bit heavy, and b) I just like curved-face triggers more than flat-ones.  If the GRF doesn't work out, may try a Hiperfire Reflex.

Edited by MoRivera