Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

So I'm on the fence here..   I have the hiperfire eclipse...  and while It's a good trigger It's very easy to pin the trigger when trying to run it fast "sub .14 splits",  it happens to be a lot when I'm testing, and in match's...   I'm debating getting the new elfman match trigger.  

Anyone have anymore  experience with an ELF want to chime in?  or had experiences with both of these triggers?    Also debating flat/ curved.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, jtrump said:

So I'm on the fence here..   I have the hiperfire eclipse...  and while It's a good trigger It's very easy to pin the trigger when trying to run it fast "sub .14 splits",  it happens to be a lot when I'm testing, and in match's...   I'm debating getting the new elfman match trigger.  

Anyone have anymore  experience with an ELF want to chime in?  or had experiences with both of these triggers?    Also debating flat/ curved.

The Elf trigger is better and faster hands down.  I've owned the match and ar10 version.  I currently have the ar10 and the hyperfire 3g.  I like my flat elf the best.

10 minutes ago, alvinsmith75 said:

The Elf trigger is better and faster hands down.  I've owned the match and ar10 version.  I currently have the ar10 and the hyperfire 3g.  I like my flat elf the best.

Is the elf's new match trigger standing up to the abuse of the 9mm for pcc?

22 hours ago, alvinsmith75 said:

It's adjustable via setscrew.  If i recall its 2-4lbs.

If I could pick up the elf match @ dealer price should I take a swing at it?   A friend of mine is wanting one as well at that price....  debating,   trigger or more bullets............

Or someone just hook me up with max's old trigger so I can just burp at every target ;P

Edited by jtrump
5 minutes ago, jtrump said:

If I could pick up the elf match @ dealer price should I take a swing at it?   A friend of mine is wanting one as well at that price....  debating,   trigger or more bullets............

Or someone just hook me up with max's old trigger so I can just burp at every target ;P

You will not be disappointed in an Elf trigger!  It may actually surprise you how nice and crisp it is.

• 2 months later...

Whelp...  my hiperfire stuck on me a few times again today on hoser stages...   Unless im blatantly slapping the trigger when shooting really fast there is not enough positive reset to feel,  think I'm gonna try an elf ar9 match trigger.

sigh!

3 hours ago, jtrump said:

Whelp...  my hiperfire stuck on me a few times again today on hoser stages...   Unless im blatantly slapping the trigger when shooting really fast there is not enough positive reset to feel,  think I'm gonna try an elf ar9 match trigger.

sigh!

I have 4 hiperfire triggers, a 3G, two Elite's and a 24C.   I actually prefer the Elite above all of them with its heavier, longer trigger pull and more positive reset. You barely notice the extra weight and travel when hosing a stage.  The 24C is my least favorite, and is close to the Eclipse. 

3 hours ago, jtrump said:

sigh!

I got rid of my elf ar9. Went with the POF straight trigger in everything. Best decision I've made

3 minutes ago, jtrump said:

Damn I thought you loved the elf!

I did and I still believe it's the best feeling trigger out there hands down. Unfortunately the ar9 was my third elf and it doubled on me one time. Well one time was one time too many for me. All of the bugs were supposed to have been worked out when they developed the ar9 but I still do not believe they are 100%. I have never ever heard of a failure on the POF and it's the closest feeling to the elf from my experience and for less than half the price. I traded my AR 9 for two POF triggers

13 minutes ago, Startingover said:

Why is it the best decision? 

Was the Elftmann no doing well?

Or, is it now that all your triggers are the same? 

a little bit of both for me. As much as I love the elf trigger the first two completely failed on me and then once I got the ar9 I figured it was going to be perfect. It doubled on me once within the first 200 rounds and that just made me lose all confidence in it. I was shooting a super light steel challenge load and that could have been the problem but I didn't want to wait around and find out. The next day after it doubled I shot all of my 135 power factor USPSA loads and it did run flawlessly. Now I have the same trigger in three different guns and they do feel great so for me it was the best decision I could make

• 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, alvinsmith75 said:

a little bit of both for me. As much as I love the elf trigger the first two completely failed on me and then once I got the ar9 I figured it was going to be perfect. It doubled on me once within the first 200 rounds and that just made me lose all confidence in it. I was shooting a super light steel challenge load and that could have been the problem but I didn't want to wait around and find out. The next day after it doubled I shot all of my 135 power factor USPSA loads and it did run flawlessly. Now I have the same trigger in three different guns and they do feel great so for me it was the best decision I could make

a few months have passed, do you have any further thoughts on the POF trigger??

18 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

a few months have passed, do you have any further thoughts on the POF trigger??

Been running POF triggers in 2 Guns every weekend and they have been 100% flawless. They feel fantastic as well. I still believe they are the absolute best triggers for the money.

41 minutes ago, alvinsmith75 said:

Been running POF triggers in 2 Guns every weekend and they have been 100% flawless. They feel fantastic as well. I still believe they are the absolute best triggers for the money.

Alright.  Certainly an attractive price point.  I will keep it in mind as I move  down the road with this  build.

+1 on POF triggers.  Have two drop-in's in AR's that I convert between 5.56 and 9 and they are completely reliable.  Have a Rise Armament 140 drop-in that also runs perfectly in a dedicated 9mm lower.  All run between 3.5-4.5 lb break, but again most important thing is reliability and no double-fires.

I also have the POF Flat drop-in in my pre-ban lower that I use for both PCC and 5.56.  Eventually I may look into lighter break-weight options because I use it for competition.  But of course, don't want to risk reliability.  Or heck....may just switch out triggers depending on which caliber.  Extra effort, but not the craziest idea.

I have POF triggers in 5 of the AR 9's I have built, 4 Colt and 1 Guard.  Not one problem in many thousands of rounds.  I like the 4.5 lb curved trigger as that is very close to my pistol pulls.  You can find them for sale occasionally for under $130.  Great break and reset, very crisp.  They come with stainless steel KNS Precision™ Anti-walk Pins, which I would have put in anyway.

I have not used the lighter trigger pull or the straight triggers from them, but I would think they would not be any less reliable or shootable.

I started off with an Elftmann AR9 trigger and it was great for the first couple hundred rounds then I started having issues with resets using factory AND reloaded ammo.

It got so bad that it wouldn't reset every 8 rounds and really blew a stage for me. Elftmann told me to reinstall the trigger following the procedure in the package for a second time and it was still having issues. I adjusted the pull weight and it didn't help much.

Given all that, I sent my Elftmann in for them to repair or replace it. They ultimately sent me a brand new trigger which promptly went on eBay and I ordered the new CMC AR9 trigger.

I have CMC triggers in all four of my AR-15s and they've been amazing and reliable in each gun so I figured why wouldn't the new AR9 model be any different? Needless to say, I was right! The AR9 trigger from CMC has had flawless function for me and feels great. I did like how the Elftmann had nearly zero take up (like open gun territory) but at the same time it was incredibly sensitive, so if your trigger discipline is off a hair you could have an issue...I may have had an accidental discharge on a stage going back two steps to a target I missed and shot the birm too close to me and got DQ'd...womp womp.

I'd recommend the CMC AR9 trigger!