Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

Shot a plate match tonight with the Geissele 2-stage.  I did very well and finished runner up overall, but I'm pretty certain I would have liked the single-stage POF flat drop-in I had before a bit better in this style of shooting, as the 2-stage did feel a bit sluggish on certain runs.  Maybe if I rode the reset more, but the reset is also a little bit longer.

It's a tough call because again, this lower will be pulling double-duty for 9mm PCC as well as .223 with some longer range stuff...and I can tell that the 2-stage prep will come in handy for a precise farther shot.  Since it's a pre-ban ($$) lower (CT resident) and I can't exactly swing more of these, I might end up just switching out triggers depending on what I'll be using it for.  It's not that I couldn't hit well or shoot fast with the Geissele 2-stage, but having that short/sharp wall of the single-stage flatty seems more ideal for speed.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, andrewt556 said:

CMC released a new 9mm trigger I wonder if anyone has gotten one yet.

If you go back a few pages you’ll see that some of us have already commented on the new CMC 9mm trigger. I replaced a 24C with the CMC trigger and it’s a great trigger in my opinion. It has a crisp break and great reset, I highly recommend it, also it’s a great price.

1 hour ago, mveto said:

If you go back a few pages you’ll see that some of us have already commented on the new CMC 9mm trigger. I replaced a 24C with the CMC trigger and it’s a great trigger in my opinion. It has a crisp break and great reset, I highly recommend it, also it’s a great price.

I already have a standard version of the cmc I used it in my pcc sort of worked not really. I was suppose to send it back to cmc but they never got back with me. 

I shot a local IDPA match with my PCC yesterday with the Geissele G2S 2-stage.  I have also installed an adjusting grip screw with which you can reduce some of the take-up/first stage.  Can't take out too much because it eventually blocks the safety-lever from rotating, and I would never try one of these with single-stage trigger...even a mil spec with a lot of creep.  But altogether it probably reduced the pre-travel/takeup by around half.

Gun shot fine and was completely reliable.  I'm not blazingly fast yet but still got some pretty fast double-taps/followups (fast for me at least), and the trigger seemed to keep up fine.  It's essentially a similar trigger action that's on my CZ's...a tiny bit of take-up then a short crisp break.  Put it this way, since I'm still new to PCC at this point, I'm maybe a little faster than I am with my pistols, but I'm more accurate as it's a long gun with a dot.

As for doing double-duty as a 5.56 (using a Stern magwell adapter and 9mm upper for PCC), I might actually be getting another preban lower (CT resident) so if I dedicate this one just to PCC, might try the Hiperfire 24C so I can get really quick.  But for now, the 2-stage is working well.

Edited by MoRivera
On 10/10/2018 at 8:42 PM, BartCarter said:

It works for me too.  In fact, in every PCC trigger thread I have ever seen (a bunch) I have never seen one POF problem.

FWIW 'Gander Outdoors' Just put them up for sale for $109 and you can get $10 off w/ a coupon code. (Both can be found on gun.deals). I was going to pull a CMC unit for my guard lower, but for $100, I'll try the POF unit. 

On 10/10/2018 at 6:42 PM, BartCarter said:

It works for me too.  In fact, in every PCC trigger thread I have ever seen (a bunch) I have never seen one POF problem.

I just gambled since it was a really good price on black friday. If it didnt work out i was going to put in on one of my rifles

22 minutes ago, Bamboo said:

Been using the POF flat trigger in PCCs and they have been flawless.  Price is excellent and it comes with anti-rotation pins. Maybe not the latest and greatest, but rock solid with no drama.  I like that.  

I've had the same experience. The 3.5 lbs version is the sweet spot for me.

Edited by Brewski
add new info
12 minutes ago, alvinsmith75 said:

Absolutely. Every time unless you have a bad primer.

cool.  question was in response to Scooter's comment about remingtons... i have about 25k cci's that I am sitting on and would prefer not to buy different primers.

Is everybody running the flat 3.5?  is there a curved 3.5?  I am only seeing curved 4.5's...

6 hours ago, tha1000 said:

cool.  question was in response to Scooter's comment about remingtons... i have about 25k cci's that I am sitting on and would prefer not to buy different primers.

Is everybody running the flat 3.5?  is there a curved 3.5?  I am only seeing curved 4.5's...

Remington is the only primer I have had issue with. 

Winchester, Federal, CCI, Tula, and Wolf have all been perfect. 

Yes, 3.5 Flat

Edited by scooterj