Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

16 hours ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

So for $100 what does the the Hiperfire EDT give you over polishing the sear and hammer surfaces and added an $11 JP Enterprises trigger spring kit?

Not sure as I didn't have a milspec trigger to set up like this. Needed a complete new one. Just saying it is a great trigger for the money and it works. Isn't that what we are all after with all the experiments going on with these PCC triggers? I have a 24C, CMC, and JP in other guns and it is very close.

gerritm

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Jard trigger that I Iiked well enough but the narrow hammer was beating the bolt and raising a burr. I replaced it with a POF drop in which is very nice if you like flat triggers. It functions well and is ~3.5 lbs as stated and the price is good. NFA lower BTW.

Edited by xdcr
I had a Jard trigger that I Iiked well enough but the narrow hammer was beating the bolt and raising a burr. I replaced it with a POF drop in which is very nice if you like flat triggers. It functions well and is ~3.5 lbs as stated and the price is good. NFA lower BTW.

I dumped the POF 3.5 flat trigger in favor of the Hiperfire 24c. Nothing wrong with the POF other than I didn't like the flat trigger, and I found the 24c was much faster overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello: I really liked the Jard trigger in the PCC but at 1 1/2lbs it was getting hammer follow but never a double. In a regular AR15 it is great. I went with the Hiperfire 24C and just put in a Hiperfire 24 3gun and like it more than the 24C. My splits are faster with the 24 3gun and it just feels better to me. Lots of options for triggers out there so try as many as you can. You will know when you find a crappy one. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I really liked the Jard trigger in the PCC but at 1 1/2lbs it was getting hammer follow but never a double. In a regular AR15 it is great. I went with the Hiperfire 24C and just put in a Hiperfire 24 3gun and like it more than the 24C. My splits are faster with the 24 3gun and it just feels better to me. Lots of options for triggers out there so try as many as you can. You will know when you find a crappy one. Thanks, Eric

I would be hard pressed to shoot faster than I can with a 24c. My best splits are .10 and .11 with it, so unless I was hip firing with a straight finger I don't think I could shoot faster splits intentionally.

4 hours ago, 1911luvr said:

I would be hard pressed to shoot faster than I can with a 24c. My best splits are .10 and .11 with it, so unless I was hip firing with a straight finger I don't think I could shoot faster splits intentionally.

Same here, and winning matches too...:D

I've got a hiperfire 24c and JP.  I personally like the JP right now.  The reset and and glass like break on it are awesome.  The Hiperfire is a little softer (and older).  I can feel the springs in it when I use it vs. the JP which is more like a 1911 to me.  Can't go wrong with either.

I shot a Steel shoot a coupe of days ago and seemed like I got a coupe of hammer follow FTF with the HiperFire ECL or some kind of issue.

Now I was using a new magazine with a TF +10 base on it, so it might be a mag issue as that was the only thing that was dieffernt since I last ran the rig.

I stripped the bolt (JP) and cleaned everything really well and have a match this Saturday. I will NOT be using the suspect mag and will see how things go.

I have the HiperFire ECL in three of my PCC rigs, so I am hoping it was mag related.

I shot a Steel shoot a coupe of days ago and seemed like I got a coupe of hammer follow FTF with the HiperFire ECL or some kind of issue.

Now I was using a new magazine with a TF +10 base on it, so it might be a mag issue as that was the only thing that was dieffernt since I last ran the rig.

I stripped the bolt (JP) and cleaned everything really well and have a match this Saturday. I will NOT be using the suspect mag and will see how things go.
 I have the HiperFire ECL in three of my PCC rigs, so I am hoping it was mag related.

I have had one problem with my 24c while working on splits, and the symptom was similar to yours. I was able to replicate the problem by pulling non-aimed double taps as fast as my finger would allow, and it was then I discovered I could sometimes beat the reset with a trigger pull under certain conditions, causing the hammer to follow the bolt home (non-fire, non-reset). It only happened twice that one day in practice and never since.

Try and see if you can beat the reset. If you can, try cleaning everything including your buffer and tube, then try again.

Thank you for the suggestion. I did give it a thorough cleaning and took the bolt apart...removed firing pin, and extractor...and blew out the trigger assembly.

I was running it pretty fast...at least for me...so maybe that we it. I hope it was a (non repeating) hiccup. I plan on shooting this rig in the sectional match in Medford, OR next month. I have two other rigs, but this one is my current favorite race PCC.

thanks again.

How much has everyone been paying for their 24C's?

im having some issues with my rise trigger. I've had it go full 3 round bursts on 3 occasions and I've had light strikes numerous times. It may be some other issue going on as well, but the same trigger also went full auto when I dropped it into my 223 so I'm over it and want to try something that seems to be a proven winner.

How much has everyone been paying for their 24C's?

im having some issues with my rise trigger. I've had it go full 3 round bursts on 3 occasions and I've had light strikes numerous times. It may be some other issue going on as well, but the same trigger also went full auto when I dropped it into my 223 so I'm over it and want to try something that seems to be a proven winner.
They are on sale right now at primaryarms.com for $179 until tomorrow. I personally just tried one on Thursday in my rifle and it ran flawless.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 8:26 AM, Aircooled6racer said:

I have a Hiperfire 24 3-gun on the way from Opticsplanet ($130 total) to potentially replace a hiperfire EDT that came in my Spartan (NFA) lower.

Can anyone tell me what difference I can expect other than the drop from 4.5lb to 2.5lb?

Thanks, Allen

2 hours ago, TGibe said:

I have a Hiperfire 24 3-gun on the way from Opticsplanet ($130 total) to potentially replace a hiperfire EDT that came in my Spartan (NFA) lower.

Can anyone tell me what difference I can expect other than the drop from 4.5lb to 2.5lb?

Thanks, Allen

This might help -

Feature-Chart-HPT-24s.jpg

Feature-Chart-HPT-EDTs.jpg

On 10/30/2017 at 9:33 AM, TGibe said:

Thanks, Allen

they are going for $150 now, did you have a special code or they just raise the price?

11 hours ago, noexcuses said:

they are going for $150 now, did you have a special code or they just raise the price?

I had a code for 13% off and also got free shipping... that code has expired, but I'm sure there are other codes out there...

• 4 months later...

I have the Hyperfire ECLIPSE and put the gauge on it two days ago, 2lb's  5oz.    No matter how hard I try to just blast some low splits,   I have not been able to achieve anything faster than .12

Is this about the same pull everyone else is getting?   I didn't mess with the trigger at all, used the springs for the lightest pull possible "silver?" I think.   I did not mess with the trigger in any way just threw it in.

1 hour ago, jtrump said:

I have the Hyperfire ECLIPSE and put the gauge on it two days ago, 2lb's  5oz.    No matter how hard I try to just blast some low splits,   I have not been able to achieve anything faster than .12

Is this about the same pull everyone else is getting?   I didn't mess with the trigger at all, used the springs for the lightest pull possible "silver?" I think.   I did not mess with the trigger in any way just threw it in.

Hello: That is really good splits for an AR9 without bump firing it. Just hit all alphas and you will do great. Thanks, Eric

On 10/18/2016 at 7:41 PM, aandabooks said:

Timney 3lb in mine.  Had originally bought a Velocity but do to random full-auto fire and ruptured cases from firing out of battery that trigger is now in my AR-15 and working well.

You are running the Timney in the PCC with success?

I've ran quit a few JP original triggers over the years so I run one in my PCC because I heard it runs great.  When I tuned it in it was light enough I was getting bumps so I tightened it up.  But it runs great now.  I do prefer Geiselle 3gun in my AR-15's though for 3 gun