Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

10 hours ago, MHitchcock said:

***on a side note, someone on boomer shooter was recommending switching the anti-rotate to the trigger hole if you have issues. Allows the hammer to rotate while still allowing the force to be spread out. Going to have to test that out tomorrow***

That's what I did on mine.  It helped but the trigger pull was hurt very slightly with the KNS kit installed.  Note that to allow the hammer pin to rotate, the screws on each end of the hammer pin must be loose enough that the pin can rotate.  If either screw is too tight, the hammer pin will be locked in place.

I installed the KNS pins at around 2000 rds and at that time I saw no damage to the hammer pin hole or the trigger pin hole.  I'm now over 4500 rds on that lower and still no signs of egging.

Bill

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see some people using the SR-Gold AR10 triggers in their PCC's with some success due to the taller hammer. Has anyone tried using a AR10 ELF Trigger?

Edited by KzBoost
2 hours ago, KzBoost said:

I see some people using the SR-Gold AR10 triggers in their PCC's with some success due to the taller hammer. Has anyone tried using a AR10 ELF Trigger?

I tried the Elf AR10 trigger and had problems with it not resetting.  I was also using a JP bolt if that makes any difference

4 hours ago, nheiny13 said:

I tried the Elf AR10 trigger and had problems with it not resetting.  I was also using a JP bolt if that makes any difference

Dang, thought I was onto something. Looks like I'll have to go with hiperfire, triggertech or JP trigger

Edited by KzBoost
On 7/3/2017 at 7:28 AM, CarlB86 said:

There was a lot of people using the 24C in this thread, so figured it would be worth a shot.

-QC10 Bolt

-QC10 Lower

-QC10 Upper

-Taccom ULW Buffer

Ran about 300 rounds. 3 times the trigger failed to reset after a shot and went dead. Had play in it, so not pinned to the rear. Once I put it on safe you could hear it click and reset. Moving back to fire position it was able to fire. Emailed hiperfire to see what kind of issue this is. This is my first non mil-spec trigger in an AR type rifles, so not sure what could be going on.

I just ran into this exact issue with a new Hiperfire ECLipse. Except I did not even get a chance to shoot it as it is doing it from the install.

My rig:

QC10 Colt lower

JP GMR-13 complete upper

JP SCS

I tried the it on another brand stripped lower I have and it did the same thing. Thinking I got a bad trigger or ???

Edited by BigBamBoo
28 minutes ago, BigBamBoo said:

I just ran into this exact issue with a new Hiperfire ECLipse. Except I did not even get a chance to shoot it as it is doing it from the install.

My rig:

QC10 Colt lower

JP GMR-13 complete upper

JP SCS

I tried the it on another brand stripped lower I have and it did the same thing. Thinking I got a bad trigger or ???

I'm still waiting to hear back from hiperfire. They asked what safety selector I was using.

I spoke with Dustin at Hiperfire today. I had a ambi safety and swapped it out for a mil-spec.....same problem. 

He said maybe the trigger and hammer pin holes are not quite mil spec spaced, but I istalled it on standard AR lower and had the same problem. So not sure what to think.

i think I am going to return it to Brownells and try either AR Gold SR .308 trigger or Timney. Had a Timney in one of my older 9mm AR's and it ran perfect.

so now I am back to my mil spec LPK trigger with JP yellow springs that runs 100% but has lots of overtravell and long reset.

I have been running the Hiperfire EDT trigger in mine with the 4.5# springs with absolutely no problems @ 2-3K rounds on 2 different uppers/barrel combos. Probably right at 4# pull with very little creep and fast reset. Cheap & excellent trigger.

gerritm

I would recommend the Timney, but last night I started getting occasional doubles. This is on a DI PCC so not the same as a blowback. But I'm getting a Ti firing pin to see if that helps my problem. 

Just a follow up.

As a small business owner, customer service is HUGE with me. My business exists 100% on my customers. And I want my customers to be 100% satisfied with the products I sell and the customer service I provide before, during, and AFTER the purchase.

So after buying the Hiperfire ECL and installing it only to have it not function was a bummer.

I called Hiperfire and spoke with Dustin. He seemed genuinely concerned with the problem I was having with the trigger. We exchanged numerous emails and phone calls. And between the two of us, we think we figured out the problem.

Within 10 min of our last phone conversation, I received a notice from UPS that a new trigger was on its way to me!

The follow up and follow through from Dustin and Hiperfire has made this whole experience much less stressful then it could have been.  

Take care, Stan

On 7/3/2017 at 9:28 AM, CarlB86 said:

There was a lot of people using the 24C in this thread, so figured it would be worth a shot.

-QC10 Bolt

-QC10 Lower

-QC10 Upper

-Taccom ULW Buffer

Ran about 300 rounds. 3 times the trigger failed to reset after a shot and went dead. Had play in it, so not pinned to the rear. Once I put it on safe you could hear it click and reset. Moving back to fire position it was able to fire. Emailed hiperfire to see what kind of issue this is. This is my first non mil-spec trigger in an AR type rifles, so not sure what could be going on.

If you could send me an email at Dustin.Felix@HIPERFIRE.com and we will get this figured out with you!

7 hours ago, v1911 said:

I would recommend the Timney, but last night I started getting occasional doubles. This is on a DI PCC so not the same as a blowback. But I'm getting a Ti firing pin to see if that helps my problem. 

Who's DI PCC?

I got to try out my newly assembled 9mm. Ran about 10 different loads through it with the Hiperfire 24C and it ran like a champ. I even ran a mag of some powder puff 124's that crono'ed at 849 average though it that I loaded for my 9 year old daughter to shoot, so that's what a 111 power factor. No issues with anything! Now, I just wish my damn eBay comp would arrive so I can shoot steel plates with it this weekend

I got to try out my newly assembled 9mm. Ran about 10 different loads through it with the Hiperfire 24C and it ran like a champ. I even ran a mag of some powder puff 124's that crono'ed at 849 average though it that I loaded for my 9 year old daughter to shoot, so that's what a 111 power factor. No issues with anything! Now, I just wish my damn eBay comp would arrive so I can shoot steel plates with it this weekend

Wow, that's a super light load! What bolt and buffer are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7 hours ago, 1911luvr said:

Wow, that's a super light load! What bolt and buffer are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, meant to include that. I'm running a Spinta blem bolt and a Blitzkreig hydraulic buffer and the 308 recoil spring that comes with the package.

I just received my Hiperfire 24c... I was under the impression that the hipershoe was included? I didn't receive one... or is it an extra option?

Also noticed that my trigger parts were covered in grease... I watched some unboxing videos, and there didn't seem to be grease on those triggers... Is this trigger used?

Edited by KzBoost

The shoe should have been included. Contact Dustin via the email he posted above.

The one I received had light machine oil on the trigger and hammer but not on the pins and springs. There are 4 bags of parts in the one I received.

4 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

The shoe should have been included. Contact Dustin via the email he posted above.

The one I received had light machine oil on the trigger and hammer but not on the pins and springs. There are 4 bags of parts in the one I received.

Yup I got 4 bags as well. All bags except for the springs are covered in oil. No trigger shoe. I sent him an email, will see what he says.

Edited by KzBoost
On 7/16/2017 at 8:27 AM, BigBamBoo said:

I am sure he will take care of you. I was very impressed with the level of customer service I was shown.

On 7/16/2017 at 8:18 PM, 2alphas said:

Without a doubt he will send you the shoe without delay. My experience has always been the parts/components are heavily coated with oil.

Yup Dustin took care of it so quick, by the time I finished writing a reply to his email, he had already sent me a tracking number for the package. Awesome!

Edited by KzBoost