Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a Hiperfire Hipertouch 24C trigger in my PSA AR-9 yesterday.  After watching a couple of You Tube videos, it took me less than 20 minutes to remove the OEM Mil-spec trigger and install the Hiperfire.  I used the gray/silver springs and the lowest notch on the trigger face.  My hands are large and this helps keep my index finger from rubbing on the frame.  It has a 2 1/4-pound trigger pull per my Lyman tester. 

I had a chance to run 100 rounds through it earlier today and it ran 100%  The difference in the trigger is amazing.  The second shot in a pair is both quicker per my timer and, subjectively, more accurate. It is well worth the money.

Edited by XD Niner
4 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: That is good to know they will stand by there products like all good companies should. Damn, looks like I may have to get a couple Hiperfire 24C's. Anyone have a discount code? Thanks, Eric

I think I paid $210 for the 24c Eclipse.

Brownells has a coupon for $25 off a $250 order.  They have the 24C for $235 so add something small to it to get to the $250 level.  The code is M5J.  Shipping was $8 so it was effectively a net of $218 delivered.

They have a similar one for $30 off a $300 order.  That code is L9Q.

I now have over 300 rounds on my Hipertouch 24C in my PSA 9mm carbine.  It has functioned 100%.  I've also learned that it functions underwater.  I let four guys try it.  It took a bit of effort to wipe off the accumulated drool.  ;)

Edited by XD Niner

Figure I would put my $.02 here since I'm technically on my fourth trigger in my MPX. 

I started with swapping out the original trigger with a CMC flat face. After 2000 rounds I noticed that the face of the hammer was mushrooming and damaging the firing pin hole on the BCG. 

IMG_2218.thumb.JPG.d5ef12f419de4ee6667e3e4f3ff9d9ff.JPGIMG_2217.thumb.JPG.5f505e7630b7ddde6c4eb6af4b3f64e0.JPG

I then I modified the stock trigger pack

IMG_2203.thumb.JPG.e3d6365d01c91a6ccc6cdf6ae1cb954b.JPGIMG_2204.thumb.JPG.ddc9bfddd3cee2504f37d57425d93dd6.JPG

This worked well but still felt mushy. 

Came across this trigger and I figure I would give it a try. If I didn't like it I just throw it in one of my other ARs. 

https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/ar15-skeletonized-trigger-p/ar-bm-trigger-spring.htm

While I waited for that to arrive I came across a good deal on a Gesseile SSA-E and ran that last weekend at my first PCC match. Worked and felt great but was a bit skeptical about it since Gesseile said that eventually all their triggers will fail in the MPX. Only put 300 flawlessly rounds through it. 

Today I got the flat trigger delivered and installed it. First impression was Meh. The sear face was rough with tool marks and covered with whatever finish they put on it. So I cleaned and polished and installed it with the original hammer and trigger bridge. It seems to work so far and much improved trigger pull, long travel though. Primer strikes seemed good with the lighter spring. Still want to do the over travel modification but will take it to the range Friday and see how it does. 

Edited by MrRick
I'm accumulating parts for a second PCC (they are addictive) and reviewed the Hiperfire website.  I have a 24C in my current PCC plus several in other AR's.  Nowhere did they indicate the Hiperfire trigger was recommended for PCC so last night I emailed them for clarification.   Received the following this afternoon.  Good customer support.

Bill

"Good afternoon, 

We highly recommend using any of our 24 series triggers in the PCC rifles. The reason is that the toggle springs can take the heavy recoil impulse and protect the trigger. We do not recommend using the EDT line simply because of the heavy recoil impulse and possible breakage but we will stand behind our products regardless. 

Best regards, 

Dustin Felix 
Sales 
HIPERFIRE, LLC 
www.hiperfire.com 
www.facebook.com/HighPerformanceFirearms "

Well that's enough to make me buy one for my next build. To stand behind it even though they don't recommend it is saying a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just built one using a Kaw Bolt and they recommend the Hiperfire EDT, based on that it is what I bought. From their website.

*NOTE***
Many after market drop in triggers use modified hammers and can be temperamental in Blowback systems. For the most consistent results a mil-spec fire control group is recommended. However, in our testing, these aftermarket fire control groups should work in most circumstances: POF, Hiperfire EDT and 24 series, Geissele, Timney, Rock River, and Spikes.

So far it has been great.

gerritm

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2017 at 11:22 PM, MrRick said:

While I waited for that to arrive I came across a good deal on a Gesseile SSA-E and ran that last weekend at my first PCC match. Worked and felt great but was a bit skeptical about it since Gesseile said that eventually all their triggers will fail in the MPX. Only put 300 flawlessly rounds through it. 

My SSA-E currently runs at around 1000 rnds, I don't see any damage or scratches on bcg nor hammer. Hope it won't fail within 10k rounds...

14 hours ago, chopinlover said:

My SSA-E currently runs at around 1000 rnds, I don't see any damage or scratches on bcg nor hammer. Hope it won't fail within 10k rounds...

Yes. I still running the SSA-E. The one I put from Bullmoose runs fine if you run it fast. If you  tried to reset the trigger slow, the hammer wasn't catching the disconnector and releasing the hammer. 

I see the JP Armageddon roller trigger is available as the whole kit (trigger, hammer, disconnector and springs) and also available as just the trigger and springs.  Its billed as drop in for use with standard M4 hammer and disconnector.

If purchased, this will go into a PSA Glock magazine lower.  I was ready to drop the coin on the full kit but then started thinking.  If the trigger only kit using the factory 9mm hammer and disconnector works, would that not be better than going with the JP hammer and disconnector designed for .223 lowers?

Anyone give this a try?  Does the trigger kit by itself really give a good 3# trigger using unmodified mil-spec parts?

Thanks.

Bill

• 2 months later...

There was a lot of people using the 24C in this thread, so figured it would be worth a shot.

-QC10 Bolt

-QC10 Lower

-QC10 Upper

-Taccom ULW Buffer

Ran about 300 rounds. 3 times the trigger failed to reset after a shot and went dead. Had play in it, so not pinned to the rear. Once I put it on safe you could hear it click and reset. Moving back to fire position it was able to fire. Emailed hiperfire to see what kind of issue this is. This is my first non mil-spec trigger in an AR type rifles, so not sure what could be going on.

1 hour ago, MHitchcock said:

Did you install anti walk pins? It sounds like you did, or you need some light oil on the hammer pin. 

KNS pins based on the number of people talking about broken pins with PCC.

11 minutes ago, CarlB86 said:

KNS pins based on the number of people talking about broken pins with PCC.

Its not even a broken pin necessarily. If the hammer pin of the KNS set is just a little too big it creates too much drag on the hammer which is exacerbated by the fact that it can't rotate. I tried installing a KNS gen 2 set with an ECL. Ran into this issue. 

14 minutes ago, CarlB86 said:

I was just explaining why I chose KNS over the supplied hiperfire pins. I'll try adding some oil to the hammer pin.

Sorry was skimming and misread the post prior. I tried some grease and still had issues. Hopefully it solves yours, I'd love to be able to use the KNS pins -_-

I’m running 24C in my MPX now. I had the KNS gen 2 pins in it. Saw a thread heard about this and I took the KNS pins out. I didn’t want to use the factory pins that came with it so I installed a set of pins from a CMC trigger I had laying around. Much better feel and no worries about the pins walking out. 

The reason for the KNS is not the anti-walk (if the hiperfire is installed correctly the pins will never walk). It is to minimize the chance of egg-holing your hammer pin hole in your receiver by spreading the force on your hammer pin to your trigger pin hole. If your KNS were working for you before, they should be fine. I think its just a tolerance stacking thing. 

***on a side note, someone on boomer shooter was recommending switching the anti-rotate to the trigger hole if you have issues. Allows the hammer to rotate while still allowing the force to be spread out. Going to have to test that out tomorrow***

Edited by MHitchcock