Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite optic for PCC

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MoRivera said:

I also prefer the C-more railway, 6MOA on my 'all-around' PCC and a 4MOA on an M&P 15-22.  Only thing is that on bright days it can sometimes struggle, although a Guga Ribas hood helps.

Do you not have a Arredondo Hood? They work.

20200310_164016-1.jpg

36 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

I haven't seen those before, who makes them and how did they work?

Made by Guga Ribas.  Simply snap over the C-More's optic window and it gives some extra shade fore and aft.  Just make sure you don't do it so hard that it affects your zero.

https://benstoegerproshop.com/guga-ribas-c-more-scope-protector/

Scope01_2017-09-04.jpg

Edited by MoRivera
  • 4 months later...
I have the 503c with the circle dot. I use the bottom line of the circle for up close targets and it works pretty well. Trying to decide if that is slower though looking for a different sight picture.

What distance is your dot sighted in at? What distance do you use the bottom of circle for? I’m about to use same reticle but the 510c and trying to research zero options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 7/28/2020 at 2:51 PM, czambesi said:

What distance is your dot sighted in at? What distance do you use the bottom of circle for? I’m about to use same reticle but the 510c and trying to research zero options.

just saw this. wow, that was many moons ago. I have shot a lot of matches since then. just use the single 2 moa dot. the circle is too distracting. my pcc's are sighted in at 25.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:51 AM, czambesi said:

I zero at 17-25 yards depending on the range that I can use at the time. I use the bottom tick of the reticle on targets that are the real close hoser targets (3-5 yards). At USPSA steel distances I just enclose the plate or calibration zone in the circle and shoot. The left and right tick make great lead compensated sights for moving targets.

On 8/30/2016 at 4:44 PM, Nugget said:

C-more railway with 8 moa. I have the same dot on my open gun so easy transition.

Yep can't be beat no tube to have to look through very fast I use a 2 Moa with sunshade works great IPSC, Steel or 3 gun.

1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

Yep can't be beat no tube to have to look through very fast I use a 2 Moa with sunshade works great IPSC, Steel or 3 gun.

I've never used a C-more, but I totally get the "no tube thing", been running a 5 Moa SRO for a while now on my MPX and it weighs nothing and is fast. Super easy to get your head behind on a PCC.

The SRO's aren't perfect, and Trijicon still seems to have trouble actually putting out a true 1X sight, but besides working great in CO, they're a huge step up from an MRO on a PCC, way less magnification and distortion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 1:06 AM, Neomet said:

Is it just me or is the beloved Holosun 510 just not that bright?  (Yes, I have it on the correct mode)  Compared to an Aimpoint micro or RTS2 mine is significantly dimmer, and not just because of the larger dot on the RTS2.  I haven't heard anybody talking about this issue so wondering if it might just be my unit?  I live in the desert so it has gotta be bright to work.   

I don't those other sights to compare it to but I have 2 510c and have never run it on max brightness, even in near desert conditions.  I find that having the reticle too bright makes me concentrate too much on it and not enough on the target.  Come to think of it, maybe that's why I think it is bright enough...because I don't like it very bright.  

On 3/15/2020 at 7:49 AM, perob said:

Anyone with experience how the Sig Romeo 8 H or T stand against the 512 or UH-1? These three are all on my shortlist. 

Never liked the 512 interrogated mount, the height over rail is to low (Absolute co witness height) so it requires a riser, glass is so so. Reticle is not bright enough for full AZ sun.

Skip any Sig optic that is not a T version, IPX 8  vs IPX 7 environmental sealing are well worth the small cost increase.

Replaced 4 UH-1 with Sig R8T’s, bigger window,  clear glass , super crisp reticle, windage and elevation are adjustment are internal on the reticle.

Windage and elevation are adjustment are in the mount in the UH-1,  I had 3 where the windage tension loosened up after 25K and you could move the sight with minimal effort left and right.

Holosun 501C.  Awesome.

Depending on the match I will change POA/PIA dope. 

Our big PCC matchshas short golf ball size targets and distance targets so knowing the dope is critical.

In our shorter matches, I will use whatever ammo I have handy.

In the big matches, I will re-zero the 510C to match ammo.

But I am just a duffer.

I recently switched both my JPs to the Sig Romeo XL with the 6 MOA dot, have one on order for by 10/22 Target Lite I use in Steel Challenge. In bright sunlight I run it down a notch or two from full brightness they are that bright and a very defined dot. It looks like a Cmore 6 MOA but much brighter. Very thin housing and large window.

Edited by MLS2GO
spelling

I am currently running a C-more Slide Ride on my JP GMR-15.  I went with this sight because I was running this optic on my Open Guns.  I recently purchased a Trijicon SRO Red Dot Sight for my CZ Shadow 2 to use for Carry Optics.  I like this sight so much I am going to purchase one for my JP GMR-15.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 4:13 AM, ck1 said:

I've never used a C-more, but I totally get the "no tube thing", been running a 5 Moa SRO for a while now on my MPX and it weighs nothing and is fast. Super easy to get your head behind on a PCC.

The SRO's aren't perfect, and Trijicon still seems to have trouble actually putting out a true 1X sight, but besides working great in CO, they're a huge step up from an MRO on a PCC, way less magnification and distortion.

CK1 now you destroy my plan 🙂 I looked to an MRO long time ago and thought it was pretty good. Now using the Holosun... I did not consider the SRO for my PCC, is it really that good?

Edited by Fasthenk65