Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite optic for PCC

On 9/15/2020 at 1:03 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

CK1 now you destroy my plan 🙂 I looked to an MRO long time ago and thought it was pretty good. Now using the Holosun... I did not consider the SRO for my PCC, is it really that good?

The SRO is pretty sweet because the body disappears and the 5 MOA dot is nice, but you're not missing much running the Holosun... Honestly, the Holosun is probably clearer glass, the SRO still has tiny bit of magnification to it and is a little distorted around the edges. It's the SRO's small footprint/relativly big window that is nice on the PCC.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have Vortex SparcAR's on both of my PCC at the moment.  I went through half a dozen red dots before I discovered the joy that is: a AAA BATTERY!  No more searching for coin cells or discovering that the spare battery that has been in your grip for 2 years is ALSO dead.   Plus, it is DURABLE.  I havent dropped my gun (frantically looks for some wood to knock on) but I have had other competitors drop/knock their guns onto mine with no damage.  

That said, I did get one of those green circle dot holosuns for my open shotgun and I am really digging it...

just put a 510c (red dot)on my Steel Challenge 10/22, and will probably stick one on the AR9 when I start shooting it again... been damn hot in Florida..I'm impressed with the variable brightness afforded by the solar cell in changing light conditions...

On 10/18/2020 at 1:30 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

I went from C more 4moa to holosun 510c on a JP. Just for fun I switched them and found out the C more is just a bit higher and more comfortable / faster for me. Going C more again.

I run my 510c with the Holosun spacer to raise the dot to a more comfortable height.  You might want to give it a try.

I started with a Cmore, but have switched to a holosun 510c as I prefer the clarity of the dot and protection of the lens. But by far the best redot I have used on a PCC was a Leupold LCO. If you can stomach the $600 price tag, that would be my recommendation. 

5 hours ago, Pluder said:

I started with a Cmore, but have switched to a holosun 510c as I prefer the clarity of the dot and protection of the lens. But by far the best redot I have used on a PCC was a Leupold LCO. If you can stomach the $600 price tag, that would be my recommendation. 

What was it about the Leupold that made it the best for you?

• 5 months later...
On 10/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I run my 510c with the Holosun spacer to raise the dot to a more comfortable height.  You might want to give it a try.

Sorry, but I'm unable to find the spacer you mean, do you have a link?

2 hours ago, mrd said:

Sorry, but I'm unable to find the spacer you mean, do you have a link?

Holosun.eu has them but if you're in the USA then Holosun.com. It's listed under accessories. B.t.w., I mounted it 2 weeks ago and feels much better now on a JP...

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Holosun.eu has them but if you're in the USA then Holosun.com. It's listed under accessories. B.t.w., I mounted it 2 weeks ago and feels much better now on a JP...

I'm in EU and have looked at the holosun.eu page, but I've been unable to find it.

• 3 weeks later...

After trying and breaking many different types - 2 haven't failed yet - Cmore Slideride which is what I run now, and the SRO.  Admittedly, the SRO doesn't have nearly the round count but so far, it has very solid on both PCC and CO.  The first SRO I ever looked through had a horrible halo in some conditions - I'm not sure what they did but the one I bought a few months ago doesn't have that issue.  The Slideride is solid but takes up a lot of real estate but works every time.  

On 10/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Finally been able to shoot again (thank you not covid) and installed the riser. Amazing what a small increase in height can bring. Much more comfortable and seems faster to me (on a JP). This and a new Bravo systems stock changed the 'feel' completely. Only want to try a SRO... once... Tnx! 

4 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Finally been able to shoot again (thank you not covid) and installed the riser. Amazing what a small increase in height can bring. Much more comfortable and seems faster to me (on a JP). This and a new Bravo systems stock changed the 'feel' completely. Only want to try a SRO... once... Tnx! 

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...