Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

"Get yourself a pump-action shotgun. They never jam."

I actually agree with that one.

Guess you don't have a benelli super nova :(

Nope. And Id be suprised to learn that a Benelli product is a jam o matic but I cant say. I will say I have never EVER seen a remi 870 gag as long as it was stroked with authority.

I know this is the humor forum so I just have to say

"STROKED WITH AUTHORITY!" hahaha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. And Id be suprised to learn that a Benelli product is a jam o matic but I cant say. I will say I have never EVER seen a remi 870 gag as long as it was stroked with authority.

Not to derail the thread, but I have an 870 that jams. Very frustrating. It must be the only one in the world, but I guess nothing is perfect (or I'm just lucky) :( .

"Get yourself a pump-action shotgun. They never jam."

I actually agree with that one.

Guess you don't have a benelli super nova :(

I know this is the humor forum so I just have to say

"STROKED WITH AUTHORITY!" hahaha

Left OR Right! :surprise:

I was at a local indoor range trying some rentals I was interested in. When I was done with my first gun I cleared it and turned to ask the RSO what the procedure was for obtaining a different rental gun. The my terror he was ASLEEP in his chair. Furtunaty I was the only one on the range. I woke him up, returned my rental, informed the man behind the counter what happened and ran away!

Last year i decided i would like to start competing in production division, no problem right? I head to a local gun store to see what they had to offer. The clerk looks up from his tacticool magazine just long enough to ask me what i was looking for. I replied that i was looking for a 9mm auto for production division. (On a prior visit the same clerk had said that he used to compete in uspsa, I assumed he was being honest...) Hastily putting down his magazine he looked at me and said that i would have to do a special order, we don't carry any compensated pistols. Thinking it was a misunderstanding I reiterated that I wanted a production pistol in 9mm. His reply was i couldn't use 9mm in production anyway, but he would be happy to order an STI in .38 Super for me. I went elsewhere.Six months later, i was shopping for a scope to sit on my weatherby 7mm Rem Mag, on a whim i stopped by the same store, the same clerk informed me that I shouldn't buy the scope i wanted (bushnell elite 4200) I should instead buy a Barska or save up for a Leupold vx-1, I said i would much rather have the Bushnell, he said i must be an idiot, and went to the back room of the store..... I informed the store owner i would start shopping there again when he fired that clerk, and have not been back since.

Cabelas, 20 feet from the firearms counter I asked the Cabelas employee if they had any Glock magazines. He looked at me a minute and said they were downstairs close to the checkout counter with the other books. :roflol:

A nearby employee overheard his answer and came to the rescue. He said to me, what you are really asking for are called clips and they are on the isle over there. :roflol:

So I was anxious to see my first Glock clips, but they must have been all out.

David E.

Cabelas, 20 feet from the firearms counter I asked the Cabelas employee if they had any Glock magazines. He looked at me a minute and said they were downstairs close to the checkout counter with the other books. :roflol:

A nearby employee overheard his answer and came to the rescue. He said to me, what you are really asking for are called clips and they are on the isle over there. :roflol:

David E.

Noooooooooooo!!!!

I almost feel that we should go into some of these stores and ask the dumbest questions we can think of just to see what the answers will be. That some of these people shoot guns on the same ranges I do at the same time I might be there at the same time I am there.

David E.

I found the Glock clips. They are on the sides of the Glock pen I use to write on my Glock magazines

I almost feel that we should go into some of these stores and ask the dumbest questions we can think of just to see what the answers will be.

I think it would make a good benoverse contest. We come up w/ a great question here, and everyone goes to their local shops and reports back the answers.... Best response wins...

-rvb

Las Vegas Gunstore worker when I asked if they had a G18,

"no, you couldn't control it anyway, it recoils too fast"

If he meant cycle too fast, I'd agree. I got to try Police Ordnance's factory demo G18, and as fast as I could get off the trigger, I had 5 rounds down range. Silly fast cyclic rate.

Hey Sarge... I called your favorite gunshop today to ask about an FFL transfer since they are close to work. Their reply...

"Oh we don't mess with California. They're trying to screw the gun dealers into getting a $3000.00 license to ship a gun there".

ummmmm ok...

I was handling a new xdm at a store in portland, and I told the guy that I was considering switching from xd to xdm for competition.

He said, "you should, these are much easier to take apart!"

Huh?

:)

They added parts that hold down the sear so that you don't have to pull the trigger to remove the slide. Apparently someone at SA thought that was a big issue with users not being able able to safely take the gun apart.

From the other side of the counter:

Can you restore this 1911 that my dad found on the beach at Iwo Jima during the war?

Me - No sir, we do not fix toys (it was a replica 1911 die cast pistol that apparently was some sort of plastic pellet toy.)

Ps, He had already paid to have it sandblasted so it could be refinished.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

"They added parts that hold down the sear so that you don't have to pull the trigger to remove the slide. Apparently someone at SA thought that was a big issue with users not being able able to safely take the gun apart."

I get that, but for a competition shooter looking for a new gun, who the hell cares?

In all of the talk we've had around here about choosing guns, has anyone ever cared about ease of disassembly?

:)