Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

At a big chain gun dealer last night, and I refuse to say which one.

I was there to take a "Gander" at the "Mountain" of firearms and accessories they had, and overheard this:

Customer: That Glock 17, is that the longest Glock they make?

Clerk: Yes sir, that's a full size

Customer: So that's the biggest gun Glock makes, i see...

At this point I jumped in, I couldn't help myself. I explained small frame vs. large frame, and told him about the 4 "longest" guns Glock makes, the 17L, 24, 34, and 35.

Why he was looking for "one of them long Glocks" I won't know..

Maybe he was looking for one of these long Glocks?

Not that long glock...

They need to shop at this store...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just overheard this one a couple days while a salesman was talking to a potential buyer,

"ya I just had the flats of my glock polished to a mirror finish, it really speeds up my draws!"

Of all the posts on this thread, that one might take the cake. It's so subtle yet so perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a gun store, but it fits here in this thread. In my pharmacy just now, and a guy out front....

"Navy seals load their clips with exploding tip hollow points"

• 2 months later...

A few weeks ago, before the 4th of July, I was at the counter of a gun shop near where I work picking up a gun I transferred in. It's not in the best area of town.

A man walks in and asks the shop owner "do you have any bullets for a shotgun"?

The shop owner patiently explains that shotguns use shells and asks the guy what gauge?

A blank stare ensues. The man reaches for a cell phone to make a call, walks out of the shop and when he comes back in he says, "I need 16 caliber".

The shop owner proceeds to sell him a box of 16 gauge birdshot.

As he's leaving he says, "Do you have a clip I can put into the bottom of the gun?"

The owner tells him that the shotgun is most likely tube fed. I'm taking a wild guess and surmising this wasn't a Saiga, but he actually meant a magazine. :blink:

As I'm leaving, the shop owner says, "If he can figure out which end goes which way, those are going right up in the air."

Edited by mizer67

• 4 weeks later...

Not out of a gunshop, but I was once told that I shouldn't carry hollow-point ammo for defense because it was only designed to cause people extreme pain and that "the other kind" (their words) would kill them quicker with less pain.

A few weeks ago, before the 4th of July, I was at the counter of a gun shop near where I work picking up a gun I transferred in. It's not in the best area of town.

The shop owner patiently explains that shotguns use shells and asks the guy what gauge?

A blank stare ensues. The man reaches for a cell phone to make a call, walks out of the shop and when he comes back in he says, "I need 16 caliber".

As he's leaving he says, "Do you have a clip I can put into the bottom of the gun?"

The owner tells him that the shotgun is most likely tube fed. I'm taking a wild guess and surmising this wasn't a Saiga, but he actually meant a magazine. :blink:

As I'm leaving, the shop owner says, "If he can figure out which end goes which way, those are going right up in the air."

Probably a Mossberg or Savage bolt action.

Probably a Mossberg or Savage bolt action.

Brings back old memories...as a kid shooting off my dad's 410 bolt gun in the backyard on new years freezing cold. :D

You have to stay up with the late breaking news or the customers' knowledge base will pass you by. :D

I guess so, I guess the guys on Enos dont know everything. lol

That competition stuff will get you killed!

him: Well (taking his finger to demonstrate a gun)he points it up at about a 45 degree angle and says I have to hold it up like that for it to hit the target.

me: damn man you are good, lobbing a bullet being pushed by pyrodex at a target at 50 yards and keeping that kind of accuracy, you must be one of the best in the world.

unfortunately he said he'd be back to talk to me, maybe he can take me to the range and we can work on my accuracy.

What a chode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA i laughed so hard! this is a great story!!

Thanks for the laugh

• 1 month later...

Was picking up my new Gen4 34 the other day when the phone rang at the gun shop. I couldn't hear the caller but only the responses from the guy who answered the phone. It went like this: (caution: this is a little scary)

Clerk: Hello, ------ Gun Shop

Caller: ------

Clerk: No sir, we do not carry any fully automatic weapons.

Caller: -----

Clerk: No sir, you cannot get them anywhere else. You cannot legally get them anywhere else in the United States without a Class 3 license.

Caller:-----

Clerk: Yes sir, we do sell rifles.

Caller: --------

Clerk: Well, we sell rifles from as small as .22 all the way up to 50 BMG.

Caller: --------

Clerk: No sir, they are all semi-automatic

Caller: ------

Clerk: That means you pull the trigger one time and one bullet comes out.

Caller: -------

Clerk: Well, an AK will be anywhere $500-$1,000 and a 50 BMG can be anywhere from $4,000 - $10,000.

Caller: ----------

Clerk: No sir, we cannot hold any guns until you get here.

• 4 weeks later...

At a local gunshow a few weeks ago, I overheard a seller of fine tacticool AR accessories say to a potential customer, "You can buy one of my 30 round magazines, but Tennessee law only lets you load it to 10" :surprise:

Edited by UTraab

• 2 weeks later...
Famous gun maker "You can't make a stainless 45 that will shoot 1.5" groups it would gall itself to the point of failure".

Well, that's simply bordering on violating forum rules. We're talking about 1.5" groups at 50 yards. Your FGM guarantees 3" groups at 50 yards on all his guns including the stainless ones, but he does offer 1.5" at 50 yards as an option on carbon steel guns. Can YOU name anyone who guarantees 1.5" groups at 50 yards on any gun they make, or even any guarantee at 50 yards? Probably not. The best I've seen is a 2" guarantee at 25 yards. No comparison.

Now, back to the gun store humor.

Can you say "Wilson"?? 1"@25 yard guarantee

• 1 month later...
Famous gun maker "You can't make a stainless 45 that will shoot 1.5" groups it would gall itself to the point of failure".

Well, that's simply bordering on violating forum rules. We're talking about 1.5" groups at 50 yards. Your FGM guarantees 3" groups at 50 yards on all his guns including the stainless ones, but he does offer 1.5" at 50 yards as an option on carbon steel guns. Can YOU name anyone who guarantees 1.5" groups at 50 yards on any gun they make, or even any guarantee at 50 yards? Probably not. The best I've seen is a 2" guarantee at 25 yards. No comparison.

Les Baer

From his price list --

Note: Customers can request a "1-1/2” groups at 50 yds.” guarantee on many 5” and 6” steel pistols. This service is available only on Les Baer Pistols. Add... $ 295.00

Les Baer

From his price list --

Note: Customers can request a "1-1/2” groups at 50 yds.” guarantee on many 5” and 6” steel pistols. This service is available only on Les Baer Pistols. Add... $ 295.00

Now if only he would do a M class guarantee or GM for an additional $295.00!

"Get yourself a pump-action shotgun. They never jam."

I actually agree with that one.

Guess you don't have a benelli super nova :(

Nope. And Id be suprised to learn that a Benelli product is a jam o matic but I cant say. I will say I have never EVER seen a remi 870 gag as long as it was stroked with authority.