Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

Ok so i'm showing this gun a hi-point and he asked if it's a good gun, I said it's the best $150.00 gun i've ever seen :roflol:

Older man comes up and said you boys might not believe me but I have had one of those guns for over two years now and I bet it's got over 300 rounds through it and only has had a couple of jams, but I know you guys aren't going to believe me but it's really had over 300 rounds through it and still works as good as the day I bought it.

I looked at the guy and said, Wow 300 rounds and it's still running? I looked at the guy that was looking at the hi-point and said well there you go.

He did buy the gun after hearing of the story and was amazed about the durability of these damn good firearms. :ph34r:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guy comes into the shop and is going to be a reserve deputy for the sheriffs department and wants a handgun, so I start showing him some 40 calibers, of course pushing glocks and he wanted to look at our used hi-point, and said they are just as good as glocks aren't they? I said well I haven't shot one and really don't know (well it's not a lie, I haven't shot one). He said it felt really good in his hand and then saw a sigma and wanted to see it. He picked it up in his hand and said wow this gun feels like it was made for him and the trigger pull was good and crisp (12lbs crisp?)then he told me that he just left academy and the guys over there told him that Glock makes the sigma for S&W, it's the same gun, most people don't know that. he asked me and trying to control myself, I said that I am pretty sure it's not the same gun.

Well he bought the sigma for his duty gun..... Poor Bastard.

I have never worked at a gun shop, but I do spend a lot of time on the other side of the counter while visiting one of the shops in town. I can believe any of those stories no problem. I remember reading an article by Clint Smith where he told of a week spent working in a gun store. The main thing I remember is him telling about the guy wanting a "Smith and Western" handgun. Couldnt be convinced otherwise lol

Guy comes into shop looking for a 911 Colt (I have at least one gentleman a week ask for a 911 45 colt????) I took him over there and after looking at some of the prices, he said you got any cheaper ones? yeah ok over here, so I take him to another counter with some other guns and told him that they aren't 1911's but maybe a polymer frame gun would be a bit cheaper. I asked if he wanted to stay looking at 45's or is he open to 40's and 9mm?

Now this guy is shorter than me and i'm 5'10", so he was probably 5'07" and spouts off about:

9mm ha you could shoot me 4-5 times with a 9mm and i'd just stand there and look at you, only a 45acp can put a man down. That's when I decided to go help a customer and let him know to yell if he needed anything.

I bet I get 1-2 a month that truly believes a 9mm won't even hurt you.

Edited by Spray_N_Prey

Ok during the great 380 shortage of 2009, we had a guy call up and ask if we had any bullets for 380 (this never gets old), we also have a full line of reloading components, so I asked him 380 bullets right?

guy: yep

me: yes sir we do, we have 95 grain montana gold BULLETS

guy: really how much and are they good?

me: $11.99 / per 100 and yes I use them in competition all the time

guy: really can you hold them for me

me: i've got plenty

guy: i'll be right up

30 minutes later...

Guy comes into shop and said he called about the 380 bullets, well the other two guys working already know where this is going and we are expecting him. I tell him "yeah I talked to you - follow me.

So I take him over to the bullet area and pick up a couple and hand it to him and he looks at them and said yeah those look good.

me: ok how many do you want?

guy: well 200 of them if they are only $11.99 / 100. I started to get a bag and count them out and he has this deer in a headlight look to him and goes, now how does this work? do you put them in the bullet for me?

I said "huh?"

guy: i mean do you put these bullet tips in the holder for me or how does this work?

me: I explained to him that no this is the bullet and it goes in the case with powder and primer and he said he didn't know when he bought this gun that it was going to be so hard to shoot it, LMFAO

I explained it a little more to him and he just didn't get it.

He said he take them anyway and walked out with 200 bullets for his gun and no idea what he was going to do with them.

HAHAHHAHA

Edited by Spray_N_Prey

Ok during the great 380 shortage of 2009, we had a guy call up and ask if we had any bullets for 380 (this never gets old), we also have a full line of reloading components, so I asked him 380 bullets right?

guy: yep

me: yes sir we do, we have 95 grain montana gold BULLETS

guy: really how much and are they good?

me: $11.99 / per 100 and yes I use them in competition all the time

guy: really can you hold them for me

me: i've got plenty

guy: i'll be right up

30 minutes later...

Guy comes into shop and said he called about the 380 bullets, well the other two guys working already know where this is going and we are expecting him. I tell him "yeah I talked to you - follow me.

So I take him over to the bullet area and pick up a couple and hand it to him and he looks at them and said yeah those look good.

me: ok how many do you want?

guy: well 200 of them if they are only $11.99 / 100. I started to get a bag and count them out and he has this deer in a headlight look to him and goes, now how does this work? do you put them in the bullet for me?

I said "huh?"

guy: i mean do you put these bullet tips in the holder for me or how does this work?

me: I explained to him that no this is the bullet and it goes in the case with powder and primer and he said he didn't know when he bought this gun that it was going to be so hard to shoot it, LMFAO

I explained it a little more to him and he just didn't get it.

He said he take them anyway and walked out with 200 bullets for his gun and no idea what he was going to do with them.

HAHAHHAHA

oh man,

that's great...

the fact he walked out with the makes this story even better :)

I bet I get 1-2 a month that truly believes a 9mm won't even hurt you.

Yeah, and on the other end of the spectrum, I've had customers who thought 9mm was more powerful than a .45. Thought the 9 was the biggest baddest thing out there because that's what their buddies talk about.

I don't really want to get shot with any of them. :blink:

:roflol:

Guy comes in to shop in his early 20's, looking very well unclean, with really long ratty hair and the worst tattoo i've ever seen in my life. It looked kinda like the marines logo but like it was done at home with a needle and some ink (really, really, really horrible looking tattoo)

Wants to buy a handgun. Ok what are you looking for?

Guy: a 9mm luger

Me: cool what model you looking for?

Guy: I just told you a 9mm luger

Me: oh (thinking the guy actually wanted a P08 luger), sorry we don't have any lugers right now

guy: All of these guns and no 9mm's?

Me: yes sir, everything in this case is 9mm, 9mm is a caliber, it's like saying "hey I want a suv", there are many manufactures of suv's, etc.... then you see the look in his eyes "ok now he gets it"!!!!

Guy: I was in the Marines Special Forces

Me: Oh Cool, did you see any action (grining ear to ear)

guy: yeah Special Ops - I was an assasin

Me: wow you must be pretty good with a gun

Guy: yeah I was the best Marine sniper special forces seal around(<- no joke)

Me: well what gun do you want to see sir

Guy: Let me see that gun (XD)and from out of his pocket, pulls out a bunch of waded up money and throws in on the counter

Me: ok, So I hand this marine sniper special forces navy seal this XD and hand it to him with the slide locked open.

Guy: looking at gun and can't figure out how to let the slide close, finally gives up and starts aiming the gun at the wall with the slide open

with some special forces new grip - holding the gun with his right hand, taking his left hand and laying it on top of his right wrist.

Me: do you want me to close the slide on that gun for you?

Guy: yeah this thing is different then the 911's we used in the marine special forces.

Me: I thought Special Forces were the army not the marines

Guy: looks at me for a minute, well we were a special operations, you civilians don't know about us

Me: oh I see

Guy: I'll take it

Me: ok, then proceed to show him a laser / light combo and he wants that too

So the guy pays cash for the gun laser and some other "upgrades" I sold him on. He of course gets delayed on the firearm. So he was going to have to wait 3 business days to get the gun and he said he'd be back.

Well after getting a deny and then a visit from a local detective, which proceeded to question me about this guy and tell me that he got arrested on a DUI and when he went down the DMV to try to get his license back, told the guy behind the counter AT THE DMV, that he was going to go buy a gun and kill the cop, :surprise: so the police were looking for this guy and I was more than happy to give them his number.

What a jackass.

Why does he need a gun? He should be able to kill him with his bare hands....with that Special Forces grip! :roflol:

Why does he need a gun? He should be able to kill him with his bare hands....with that Special Forces grip! :roflol:

What are you talking about? Those Marine Special Forces Ranger Seals can kill a man just by staring him down!

What are you talking about? Those Marine Special Forces Ranger Seals can kill a man just by staring him down!

just like Chuck Norris?

Ok here's another good one, this was before I was in the shop but anyway here it goes.

Guy comes into shop looking for a military 1911. Ok so the salesman takes him over to the case and after handling like every 1911 in the case and bragging to his girlfriend about what a great shot he is and bla bla bla...........

So he picks out the cheapest 1911 in the case and needs some ammo. After the salesman saw about his inexperience with handguns, he tried to show the guy how to operate the gun and the guy got rude with him and said "just bag it buddy, I know what i'm doing".

So they bought the gun and were the only people in the shop so after he got out to the car, the salesman was going to go have a cigarrete and noticed the guy was in the car for a few minutes. Well he started to head outside and heard a loud Bang and I guess the guy was trying to load the gun, blew a round in his car and took out of there pealing out. Thank god he knew what he was doing. :cheers:

Ok here's another good one, this was before I was in the shop but anyway here it goes.

Guy comes into shop looking for a military 1911. Ok so the salesman takes him over to the case and after handling like every 1911 in the case and bragging to his girlfriend about what a great shot he is and bla bla bla...........

So he picks out the cheapest 1911 in the case and needs some ammo. After the salesman saw about his inexperience with handguns, he tried to show the guy how to operate the gun and the guy got rude with him and said "just bag it buddy, I know what i'm doing".

So they bought the gun and were the only people in the shop so after he got out to the car, the salesman was going to go have a cigarrete and noticed the guy was in the car for a few minutes. Well he started to head outside and heard a loud Bang and I guess the guy was trying to load the gun, blew a round in his car and took out of there pealing out. Thank god he knew what he was doing. :cheers:

Jesus...

i often wondered about opening a gun shop in the future...

some of this stories make me wonder if i could ever truly handle it.

yikes!

Yeah, and on the other end of the spectrum, I've had customers who thought 9mm was more powerful than a .45. Thought the 9 was the biggest baddest thing out there because that's what their buddies talk about.

I don't really want to get shot with any of them. :blink:

I've seen people shot with everything from .22's to .45's and I would have to agree...don't want get shot, period.

This thread is freakin hilarious tho!

Guy comes into shop looking for a military 1911.

Reminded me of another customer.

Lady comes into the store and says she's looking for a "military pistol." She's not old enough to have been in the military before they went to the Beretta, so I show her a 92F.

"Yes! That's what I want." I get it out of the counter to show it to her. No, she's not going to buy it right now though. And before I can start explaining our layaway, she turns towards the door and out she goes. :mellow: Ok, whatever. I figure she knows what she wants and just can't afford it at the moment. Been there, believe me.

I mention it to the owner and he says she comes in there and does the same thing every couple months.

During the time I was there, I talked to her about the pistol at least one more time and one other guy also showed it to her once that I know of.

(Reading this now, doesn't sound near as funny as it was at the time. Guess it was a "be there" thing. We called her "Miss Military Pistol" since no one ever got a name out of her until she actually filled out the paperwork. But she never knew what it was called other than "military pistol." Said she was in the National Guard. I did get that much from her once.)

She finally bought it. At the same time she bought a membership to the gun club. Both the gun stores in town sold memberships to the gun club. You paid annually and got a key to the gate and could come and go as you wished.

Someone at our store got a call from a lady who got locked in the gun club and couldn't get her key to work. (This was not unusual, though none of the regulars could ever figure out why newbies had trouble with the key. Usually they were locked out. It was kinda unusual for someone to be locked in.) We were not really responsible for the club other than selling memberships. But whenever someone called us, we called one of our regulars who, while not officially a gun club officer, was the guy who sort of took care of the place. My co-worker and I were taking bets that it was Miss Military Pistol. (We knew her name by now, from the yellow form, but continued to call her that.) When Danny came in after rescuing the damsel in distress, we asked him to describe her. It was her. We were not surprised. :blush: Danny was like, "You sold her a gun? I doubt she could tie her shoes without help."

Edited by mgood

The original "men who stare at goats!" :roflol:

Edited by GrumpyOne

Guy comes in to shop in his early 20's, looking very well unclean, with really long ratty hair and the worst tattoo i've ever seen in my life. It looked kinda like the marines logo but like it was done at home with a needle and some ink (really, really, really horrible looking tattoo)

We have one of these also, but we call him the Koresh Kid (after David Koresh of the Branch Davidians of Waco). About 5'7" 120 lbs and long stringy black hair. Picks every rifle out of the rack with a bipod and proceeds to deploy it on the ground where he takes sight pictures from prone and *bang* at the walls. mag in mag out, rack the bolt, traverse left, mag in mag out mag in rack the bolt....

Ok so i'm showing this gun a hi-point and he asked if it's a good gun, I said it's the best $150.00 gun i've ever seen :roflol:

Older man comes up and said you boys might not believe me but I have had one of those guns for over two years now and I bet it's got over 300 rounds through it and only has had a couple of jams, but I know you guys aren't going to believe me but it's really had over 300 rounds through it and still works as good as the day I bought it.

I looked at the guy and said, Wow 300 rounds and it's still running? I looked at the guy that was looking at the hi-point and said well there you go.

He did buy the gun after hearing of the story and was amazed about the durability of these damn good firearms. :ph34r:

Thats it....I'm going to have to get me a hi-point for the next 3 gun match! that...would be hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a Lexington, KY Sprstmans store right before Christmas (they had powder and primers), when I overheard the the salesman telling a buyer that the Kimber ultra carry was the ultimate 1911 carry gun, as it had a match grade bushing, lightened hammer, and lightened trigger pull. He then went on to say pretty much the same things about a Springfield EMP. While they may be good carry guns, I almost went up to him and asked him to field strip it (or the EMP) for me, to show me the match grade bushing in a bull barreled gun.

People will say anything to make a sale......