Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

From a gunshop that exclusively sells to LEO:

"The new Generation 4 Glocks are incredile. With the new dual springs in them, the .45's recoil feels exactly like a 9mm."

Interesting observation....since there is currently no such thing as a Gen-4 Glock .45 available on the market. :rolleyes:

Quote from my friend Jon Stein, who is very tuned-in to what's happening re Gen-4 availability:

"The Gen4 G21 is currently at BATF undergoing approval for importation. ETA is expected to be in the March/April timeframe."

Thanks for that confirmation!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a gunshop that exclusively sells to LEO:

"The new Generation 4 Glocks are incredile. With the new dual springs in them, the .45's recoil feels exactly like a 9mm."

Interesting observation....since there is currently no such thing as a Gen-4 Glock .45 available on the market. :rolleyes:

Quote from my friend Jon Stein, who is very tuned-in to what's happening re Gen-4 availability:

"The Gen4 G21 is currently at BATF undergoing approval for importation. ETA is expected to be in the March/April timeframe."

Hahahaha, that's great!!! Based on that info, if I were to tell you when I heard this quote your head might explode. :roflol:

Herd yesterday at the Base Exchange gun counter that the 10mm Corbon power ball will split a bowling pin in clean two.

Oh ya? Well my 40 loads split a bowling pin clean in two.....

Mainly because the pin was already rattled with holes and when I hit it, it fell off the table, hit the floor and split in half. :roflol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"That's a Colt 1911. That's a Colt 1911 knockoff made in Europe. That's a Colt 1911 made by Browning."

Moron at the gun store today pointing out Hi Powers to his girlfriend.

And that's a Colt 1911 made in Austria. They make them out of plastic because Austrians are poor. Also can't afford a safety.

Was at a local gun store/feed mill in rural PA, which should be enough of a warning.

Looking at components, asked if they had any Federal Small pistol primers.

Clerk walks back to me with a box of CCI.

me: "You don't carry the federal primers?"

clerk: "Here you go, CCI is made by Federal."

I then, as politely as I could, explained that no, in fact they were complete opposites. Needless to say I left shortly thereafter.

Last rifle match: from the “security professional”:

- EOTECHs have a BCD for 223 out of a 20 barrel, no lines, its automatic, just point and shoot!

- A2 sight height above bore is 1. Something inches.

- 25 yard zero = 200 yard zero

- The velocity loss in a 16" verses a 20" at 100 yards makes a big difference in POI.

- Don't rest your rifle on a barrel (blue plastic); it is much less stable than shooting unsupported.

Most of this came up while shooting a stage at 8" steel at 100 yards. The RDO guys were having a tough time.

Not at the shop, but it rather fits the mentality of these posts--

Two of my sons were in Hunters' Safety class together. At that time, they were on both sides of 11-years-old. Fortunately, I was allowed to take it with them as an observer. In the classroom portion of the course, they had already read and been shown the proper way to check to be certain a gun is unloaded--visual and finger.

We were at the local range for the Field Day portion of the course--handling real/live firearms and shooting a bit.

At one station, a small, overly energized, enthusiastic, older woman instructed the youngsters in how to ensure that the chamber was indeed empty. She pulled a 20 guage pump from the back of a rig. Turned toward the cluster of attentive youngsters, and racked the action maybe six times as fast/fiercely as she could. (An ugly sight!) She emphatically stated, "Now you know it is not loaded!" No visual, no finger check. She turned and put the gun down. My sons both looked up at me with the "Daddy, is she really that much of an idiot?!" look that only boys can purely express.

They are in their twenties now, and when we pretend to be her, or we mention her, they still shake their heads.

-----------------

For the sake of the other youngsters' lives, I should have spoken up and mentioned the possibility of a round being stuck in the chamber and extractors malfunctioning. But, on looking in their faces, they too knew she was a bit off the beam.

Edited by FromTheWoods

- EOTECHs have a BCD for 223 out of a 20 barrel, no lines, its automatic, just point and shoot!

I can't wait until the technology is small and cheap enough to do that.

Can you imagine an LCOS gunsight on an AR15?

was at Cabela's the other day and heard the guy behind the counter telling a customer, "No sir, Cabela's doesn't sell firearms rated for +P ammunition. You shouldn't use that ammo anyway. It's for cops only." Referring to Winchester's new PDX1 9mm.

Ok here's my best one. Go get some popcorn, you'll need it.

Some guys just can't help themselves. My local watering hole used to have a guy who came in and told tall tales. The thing is that if someone was at the bar who was an authority on whatever subject he was expounding on he'd just make the story that much taller! His favorite stories were about his time working for "the company" in Viet Nam, when they'd shoot him out the torpedo tube of a submarine on secret spy missions! If a vet sat at the table, the stories would get even wilder.

I didn't shoot competitively back then, but I can just imagine the tall tales I could have heard if I'd mentioned a match!

Thanks for the laugh.

I think I know that guy! One of my uncle's friends in Joplin, mo swears he worked for "the company" while AWOL during Vietnam! Yea, about that.........I will buy you another beer if you shut up :cheers:

Wow. That Glock Fotey video was both hilarious and terrifying. At least his buddy had the good sense not to give him another firearm.

I was in line to get a lane pass at my range last week and there was a big over-cologned dude with his buddies.

Clerk: Do you need any ammo?

Stinky: Yeah! I need some .357!

Clerk: Magnum or SIG?

Stinky: I need .357!

Clerk: (Sighs) The long ones?

Stinky: Uhh. Yeah.

As luck would have it, I got the lane next to them. They were shooting at 7 yards and I don't think I saw two holes closer than 5". I keep meaning to ask if the partitions are bulletproof.

At a big chain gun dealer last night, and I refuse to say which one.

I was there to take a "Gander" at the "Mountain" of firearms and accessories they had, and overheard this:

Customer: That Glock 17, is that the longest Glock they make?

Clerk: Yes sir, that's a full size

Customer: So that's the biggest gun Glock makes, i see...

At this point I jumped in, I couldn't help myself. I explained small frame vs. large frame, and told him about the 4 "longest" guns Glock makes, the 17L, 24, 34, and 35.

Why he was looking for "one of them long Glocks" I won't know..

At a big chain gun dealer last night, and I refuse to say which one.

I was there to take a "Gander" at the "Mountain" of firearms and accessories they had, and overheard this:

Customer: That Glock 17, is that the longest Glock they make?

Clerk: Yes sir, that's a full size

Customer: So that's the biggest gun Glock makes, i see...

At this point I jumped in, I couldn't help myself. I explained small frame vs. large frame, and told him about the 4 "longest" guns Glock makes, the 17L, 24, 34, and 35.

Why he was looking for "one of them long Glocks" I won't know..

Maybe he was looking for one of these long Glocks?

post-18733-098760700 1303675426_thumb.jp

Edited by GrumpyOne