Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun shop experts and their quotes

Sarge

From the other side of the counter. Had a guy come in and ask why he couldn't zero the scope on his muzzle loader. I told him the hose clamps he used might not be his best option. Had two county swat team members come in with their just issued 1911's carried in their tacticool thigh holsters cocked and UNLOCKED. I asked why they were carrying that way. They said their INSTRUCTOR told them it was unneccesary since the pistol also had a grip safety and it was a lot faster that way. I asked what happened to the grip safety when they drew. Blank stares. Had a guy come in for some shotgun shells. I asked what guage and load he wanted. The green ones he said. I have LOTS more.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the same gunshop as before...

Yesterday one of their ex-military super tactical employees comes over to me when I'm on the firing line and tell me that my Beretta 92F is a piece of crap because you can push it out of battery and because of the Lethal Weapon disassembly trick...

:sight:

I'm waiting for the time when I shoot a bullet and the slide flies after it. Hasn't happened yet but I know it's only a matter of time since gun shop guy says he's seen it and served in Iraq. . I think there's ninjas that specialize in Beretta snatching over there who get people that hold their guns out too far.

"I'm waiting for the time when I shoot a bullet and the slide flies after it. Hasn't happened yet but I know it's only a matter of time since gun shop guy says he's seen it and served in Iraq. . I think there's ninjas that specialize in Beretta snatching over there who get people that hold their guns out too far. "

Holy crap! I didn't know the Beretta's have wings!

I think there's ninjas that specialize in Beretta snatching over there who get people that hold their guns out too far.

After 9/11, my wife's school held a faculty meeting to review security protocols. One of the things their "expert" advised them to do was grab the slide of a gun pointed at them and put their finger over the firing pin so the hammer wouldn't fall.

She was relieved to learn the terrorists hadn't yet discovered striker-fired guns and had molasses-like reflexes.

BB

I was in a shop the other day and heard the salesman tell a customer that he didn't like the new Ruger LCR .38's because, "they've got a hair trigger". I guess having a long, 5 lb. DAO trigger pull is just unsafe. He seemed to be a Glock fan though.

This thread is epic I have heard countless potential stories in the works but I have a habit of tuning out BS, maybe I need to start listening so I can contribute to the thread some day haha

I used to have that habit too...but now after this thread I tend to listen up - tough not to laugh, cry, or help out sometimes, too...but then I become part of the problem. Been there done that...like the time I dropped a minty HK94 lower onto the show room floor :blush: "Idiot"-tommy boy Well it was mine but still... :mellow:

At a Dicks sporting goods in Dallas the other day.

Me: Is that a benelli?? ( gun way behind the counter ) & I cant see

Sales guy: UUh yea... Itsa M....2

Me: O wow $899? Really? (slap me its an american model)

Sales guy: Yea

Me: O its an american model. Whats the difference do you know?

Sales guy: Its not inertia driven like the others.

Me: So... hows it work then?

Sales guy: Blank look............... more blank looks

I was cool with an "I dont know". It was just the makin stuff up that lost me.

Once, I had a (lady) friend with me when we went to a gun store, and witnessed some real sillyness like the stuff in this thread.

As we walked out i said "I can't believe this goes-on like that!"

My friend, she said "don't be so hard on them, if they really knew anything they wouldn't be working there" ;)

Edited by SlowShooter

Once, I had a friend with me when we went to a gun store, and witnessed some real sillyness like the stuff in this thread.

My friend said "don't be so hard on them, if they really knew anything they wouldn't be working there" ;)

Ha! That's funny but true.

The problem with many gun shop is that they see a woman and they start spouting crazy talk about rape prevention and how every lady needs a .500 S&W magnum because it's a guaranteed 1 shot stop.

Once, I had a friend with me when we went to a gun store, and witnessed some real sillyness like the stuff in this thread.

My friend said "don't be so hard on them, if they really knew anything they wouldn't be working there" ;)

Ha! That's funny but true.

The problem with many gun shop is that they see a woman and they start spouting crazy talk about rape prevention and how every lady needs a .500 S&W magnum because it's a guaranteed 1 shot stop.

Do you mean 1 shot and you stop shooting it ever again? :goof:

That's what happened to the guy in the lane next to me. His buddy put one in the cylinder and didn't turn it so he pulled the trigger on nothing. Then he turned his head around in confusion while absent mindedly pulling the trigger. Eventually the right cylinder came around and he shot it without knowing. The gun nearly smacked him in the face and he jumped about a foot.

From the same gunshop as before...

Yesterday one of their ex-military super tactical employees comes over to me when I'm on the firing line and tell me that my Beretta 92F is a piece of crap because you can push it out of battery and because of the Lethal Weapon disassembly trick...

:sight:

I guess I'm just that guy' because I always offer to let 'em test it in real life, real ammo, for real, no more internet arguing BS, see if you can do it before I shoot you...

No? Howabout with airsoft then?

<crickets>

• 2 weeks later...

Friend came over last week after I was done shooting some targets in my front yard. I still had my target stand up with several post-it notes I use on it. He was bragging about he and his wife shooting all the time and how he could hit a rabbit with his pistol at 50, 75 yards (those were his EXACT words). So I said, "Let's shoot some" and I brought out my Ruger 10" target pistol. He was impressed and asked what kind it was, AND what caliber. [roll eyes]

I loaded the mag and handed it to him. He asked what should he shoot at. I said to shoot at the lower left post-it. It was 25 feet away, since that's bowling pin distance.

He said, "I NEVER have shot at anything THIS CLOSE !"

I told him to try it. Of the 10 shots, he missed the target stand 4 times.

He said to let his wife shoot, since she's a good shot. Long story short, she didn't even know how to hold the gun. So after a couple minutes teaching her how to hold it, I then ax, do you know what to look at ?

She said, TARGET.

I told her if you look at the target, you will miss the target. Look at the front sight and I spent a few minutes explaining that to her. She was able to hold a 4 inch group with 10 shots.

When the gun locked open she said that she wanted to see me shoot. So I loaded up another mag and proceeded to hit the post-it 4 times in a row. There was a wasp flying around the target so I calmly said "I'm going to shoot the wasp". It was still flying when the trigger let go and there was a brown spray on the target. I didn't admit to them that it was pure luck, but they were quite amazed and he quickly said that they had to go. Into the car and down the lane they went.

I'm still amazed that I managed to hit the wasp and probably couldn't do it again in ten years....

I just saw someone blow up their Kimber Tac Pro at the range today. Squib went halfway down the barrel and then he did a tap-rack-kaBOOM!

He was all pissed off about his "crappy gun" when he should have been writing Kimber a letter thanking them that he still has same amount of hands he had this morning!

There was a wasp flying around the target so I calmly said "I'm going to shoot the wasp". It was still flying when the trigger let go and there was a brown spray on the target. I didn't admit to them that it was pure luck, but they were quite amazed and he quickly said that they had to go.
Oh man, I was aimingfor the forward portion of the abdomen where the spray isn't so brown but more green...

I had to go to an indoor range to sight my gun in. I don't like going there but it's 10 minutes from work so a quick lunch trip was in order. I'm standing at the counter to check in and a couple of guys rented a .500 S&W. They were in and out in the time it took me to fill out a check in sheet. They each fired 5 rounds. I could see/hear them through the window. They set the target at between 3 and 5 yards!

The funny part... They came out shaking their wrists and and one of them told the counter guy "That thing is amazingly accurate!"

It was all I could do to not laugh. The target was blowing back horizontal every time they shot. I'm surprised it didn't ignite.

Edited by Paul Santiago

Pretty sure I know where you may have been... had the pleasure of being in a shooting bay next to people doing the same thing... Talk about a concussion in an indoor range.

I love the people that unload at full speed at 3~5 yards and miss the paper...

Pretty sure I know where you may have been... had the pleasure of being in a shooting bay next to people doing the same thing... Talk about a concussion in an indoor range.

I love the people that unload at full speed at 3~5 yards and miss the paper...

Lol are you guys in So CA?

If so there's only one place this could have happened :)