Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

Adult Daycare Provider= Correctional Officer for the state, going on 7 years now. Lousy cliants though I might add! <_<

Before that: Production welder

Before that: OTR truck driver

Before that: USMC F/A18D powerplant mechanic

Before that: USMC infantry

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are still waiting to hear Larry chime in...his job is to drink the coffee Merlin makes while Benny does his thing with pistols, rifles and shotguns..LOL

Me, just a retired guy...worrying about tomorrow and the day after that....trying to figure a way to get paid to hunt, fish, shoot and lollygag with my grandkids...still working on that part. As for working, when I was doing it, seemed like it went by slowly, now that I am not doing it, time really flies by...and it really is hard to figure out if you want to get up and shoot, fish, reload, hunt, kayak or just do nothing all day...who said being retired isn't hard...?

Hey TL, I was post #43, you have to get up early if your going to goof off all day. Fact is Benny makes coffee, or I make coffee, Merlin cant or wont make coffee, and if he did it wouldnt be fit to drink. Strange place, that Triangle, Benny and I wont lead or follow. And Merlin, well he's just Merlin, he's lost. I think I'm going to get another cup of coffee or maybe just go to lunch.-------------Larry

Damn dude, change your avatar and I am lost as Hogans goat....that happens when you get old like me.

I just retired after 35 years with the telephone company. :cheers:

I've been baby sitting Grandkids for the last couple of weeks. :)

All us granddads do that ...it can run the gammit from great to why did I volunteer to do this....

It's been fun so far. :) 3 kids 2, 4 and 6 years old. Might not be as much fun when they become teenagers. :unsure:

I'm a retired Department of Transportation Employee. The guys leaning on the shovel near the road. Dern Japeneze invented a shovel that would stand up by itself. Replaced four guys on our crew. Now I am the CEO, my brother is the President, of a not for profit business venture. It was not supposed to be non-profit, but oh well...I raise beef cattle.

I am apparently employed by the U.S. Goverment, the state of Idaho, the state of Wyoming, Owyhee County, Idaho, and Park County, Wyoming as nearly all the proceeds of my paycheck goes to one of those entities and has for the last forty-one years!!! Sure hope they've been savin' some of it for my retirement. Lookin' forward to the step up from cat food & crackers! :surprise:

Edited by titandriver

After doing 28 years in Federal Prison, I was released, Full Term/Expiration of Sentence, NO time off for Good Behavior.... :surprise:

meant to type RETIRED, not RELEASED. Federal Bureau of Prisons

The job title was Correctional Security Officer/Locksmith (Lockshop/Armory/Firearms & Tactical Trainer)

Rocket35: your description of Correctional Officer as Adult DayCare Provider, is more accurate then I'd like to admit. It was the Morning Watch part of that job that convinced me to try another one of the BOP's career's.

I'm a substitute teacher in grad school for mental health counseling.

That, and a full time student of USPSA ;)

Edit to add: I'm also a temporary logistics/loss prevention grunt...or as Chris puts it... :ph34r:MALL NINJA :ph34r::P

sounds like the inmate is in charge of that asylum :D Let me guess, they get bonus points for wearing all blue to class.

Nah. They just shoot faster ;)

Ironically enough, I was a drug and alcohol counselor for a juvenile detention facility for 3 years before that.

Currently, Office Manager for my familiy's Real Estate Development Business.

Before that, Music Director for Gentlemen's Clubs (DJ in topless bars)

Before that dj in regular night clubs and a little part time on radio.

Before that I sold Cable TV door to door.

Oh did I mention that I have a degree in Agriculture? :goof:

Computer nerd, graphic designer, photog...mostly web video producer now...no not that kind of videos...for a financial research company not nearly as exciting as those "other" web videos :rolleyes:

Used to do private OSHA/EPA consulting...talk about being the bad guy...nobody likes the safety guy "no really we're here to help"

Used to aspire to be pro-mountain biker...