Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attorney. I represent software and tech-based companies in business transactions and technology licensing.

I never go to court, wear a tie or sue anyone :P

Before law school, I was a bartender. Those were the days . . .

I am a police officer. Can you guess for who? I get support for my "habbit" from the P.D. (ammo), and from my sponsor (major match fees). Can you believe my better half still gives me grief over how much I spend on my chosen sport? Oh well, I think she still loves me. <_<

Registered Polysomnographic Technologist. I watch people sleep.

When I was in college I worked as a Polysomnographic Technician (I hooked 'em up so Odie or some other dude could watch them sleep).

I've also worked as:

• Psychiatric Technician (nurses aid in a crazy house)
  • Cook (Short order, hot prep and baker)
  • Grass roots political campaign flunky
  • Movie Theater Usher
  • Beertender (when the bar only sells beer.....)
  • I sold garbage bags over the phone for the Memphis JC's (I think that's who they were)
  • Sold computer hardware and software
  • Desktop Support Technician and Lead Technician in a 1200 user environment (PC repair flunky and head flunky)
  • Network Monitoring Technician
  • Amateur actor
  • Amateur writer
  • Tech support and sales for imaginary property (domains and other website stuff)

Basically all the jobs that you would expect from a grad school drop out with a degree in English, Theater and Psychology.

-ld

My first 14 years of work eligibility I was a merchant marine. The last twenty I've been a territory rep for a large industrial laundry. We rent stuff out to company's like uniforms, floor mats, mops and all sorts of toweling. Short work week mostly, and I love it.

Jim M

I never really thought I'd still be here after 20 years :huh: but I help run the family business. (machining)

I still do the QC stuff and recently started doing the books and all that goes with that.

If anything it's nice to be able to go out and pick out a Bridegeport and work on my guns.

I also did the reserve deputy thing for about 12 years. It started cutting into my shooting time so that had to stop. ;)

currently: technical strategy for the Evil Empire :ph34r:

was: software architect for an online retailer

was: systems analyst for a medical research firm

was: database geek for a defense contractor

was: structural designer for an engineering company

was: professional sailboat racer

was: self-employed, custom rigging for racing sailboats

still: don't know what I want to do when I grow up :cheers:

Oh, and as kimel said, the stuff I do for "free" (USPSA, etc) is far more interesting than the stuff I get paid for, and keeps (?) me sane... yeah, well, that last bit is a stretch, I know.

Edited by bgary

Well we are still waiting to hear Larry chime in...his job is to drink the coffee Merlin makes while Benny does his thing with pistols, rifles and shotguns..LOL

Me, just a retired guy...worrying about tomorrow and the day after that....trying to figure a way to get paid to hunt, fish, shoot and lollygag with my grandkids...still working on that part. As for working, when I was doing it, seemed like it went by slowly, now that I am not doing it, time really flies by...and it really is hard to figure out if you want to get up and shoot, fish, reload, hunt, kayak or just do nothing all day...who said being retired isn't hard...?

I have been in the printing business for over 25 yrs. currently running printing presses and bindery equipment for my family's company Digitone Graphics in Chattanooga, TN. I'm also the janitor, in a small company you gotta wear more than one hat! We print the nicest score sheets you've ever seen.

Robin

Well we are still waiting to hear Larry chime in...his job is to drink the coffee Merlin makes while Benny does his thing with pistols, rifles and shotguns..LOL

Me, just a retired guy...worrying about tomorrow and the day after that....trying to figure a way to get paid to hunt, fish, shoot and lollygag with my grandkids...still working on that part. As for working, when I was doing it, seemed like it went by slowly, now that I am not doing it, time really flies by...and it really is hard to figure out if you want to get up and shoot, fish, reload, hunt, kayak or just do nothing all day...who said being retired isn't hard...?

Hey TL, I was post #43, you have to get up early if your going to goof off all day. Fact is Benny makes coffee, or I make coffee, Merlin cant or wont make coffee, and if he did it wouldnt be fit to drink. Strange place, that Triangle, Benny and I wont lead or follow. And Merlin, well he's just Merlin, he's lost. I think I'm going to get another cup of coffee or maybe just go to lunch.-------------Larry Edited by Larry White