Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

Professional storage/SAN/NAS geek for a really big storage/SAN/NAS company. Mostly sit in a cubicle all day and wish I could be doing something else. :)

Can I say I'm a part-time professional 3-gunner? I've made enough to break even on all my matches at least.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I retired from the Army 20 Years as a FIST’er 13F I did all the fun stuff.

Blowing things up.

Worked as a Gun Smith for a wile. Been working in Command and Control Computers

With the Army for / forever since 1982. Did some work as a contractor in Iraq.

Now I’m and Functional Analyst for the Army Helping them train.

Computer Battle simulations. For many different training needs of the Army.

Old Fat Retired Guy. I’m a was. As opposed to a wanabe.

Jim M ammo

...over 26 years in as an Air Traffic Controller in the busiest Enroute Facility in the World...before that, built copy machines for Xerox...before THAT, worked in Maintenance for a local School Board...before that, College--GO GATORS!!!--summer Construction jobs, high school, working in Restaurants and slinging newspapers...WOW, that goes back 37 years!!!....mikey357

I'm a rodeo clown.

That's what we used to tell the girls.

I was a frog in the Navy until the week before 9/11. I started security consulting with Blackwater for 5 yrs and have been doing some UAV work for a few years now. Time to find something in the US, preferrably mountain west. Anyone want me?

22 years in the commercial laundry equipment field. Started my own company 3 years ago and doing just fine. Part time I like the outdoors and collecting trophies at three gun and pistol matches.

I'm one of those crazy ass u.s. postal worker for past twenty years, overtime has paid for all my guns and yes sometimes my wife actually lets me go and play with them, most people at work avoid me, I wonder why? :devil:

I'm one of those crazy ass u.s. postal worker for past twenty years, overtime has paid for all my guns and yes sometimes my wife actually lets me go and play with them, most people at work avoid me, I wonder why? :devil:

So thats why stamps went up again. :roflol:

BK

23 year as a residential Real Estate Appraiser

Before that, 2 years as a CAD operator in the packaging department of a silicon valley chip maker.

Before that, school.

11 years in the Telecom industry. I make Financial Systems and Processes run more effeciently = Sr. Business Systems Analyst. Kinda like shooting a COF, minus the gun.

Edited by Aristotle

Installation tech (top in the shop) for the largest Ford police vehicle dealer in North America for 5 years.

USPSA club president and match director. (wish that one paid!) Gun club board of directors.

Still repo cars on the side, fun and profit, going on 14 years now.

Before the Ford gig I was lead tech for a large custom car audio shop, 8 years.

Before that it was Brown and Root, about 2 years.

Most recently, husband.

I am a regional field engineer for a high end CNC mill builder, vertical and horizontal mills. Basically with a new project I will take the machinery from the truck all the way through the qualification run off, including any and all automation, training, etc. I teach classes for my customers, help them keep the machinery going and use it more efficiently. I also do all of the training for new field people in the region. In between all of that I repair the machines when they have problems and we can't get the first line guys there, and when required I hit home runs on a national basis when other local/national resources weren't able to do so. I have been in this business 16 years now, in the Navy before that for 4. The good part is I have $400,000+ machines to do my 'government work' on and the money is OK.

I have been front line with customers for 16 years and that is still the most satisfying part, taking care of the people that put a roof over my head and shoes on my kids. Without my customers I would starve, sometimes the people I work for think that the company pays my bills, but I know damn good and well it is the CUSTOMERS that pay ALL of our bills.

Dirty Chamber, do you work for AUDI? :rolleyes:

anubis, there will be a very good Practical Shotgun match in Shropshire the first weekend of august, some yanks (me and others) will be there along with lots of brits. look us up.

Trapr

Dirty Chamber, do you work for AUDI? :rolleyes:

anubis, there will be a very good Practical Shotgun match in Shropshire the first weekend of august, some yanks (me and others) will be there along with lots of brits. look us up.

Trapr

Huh ?? Ok forgot about that one, no A's either !! Acually under the hood Audi's have V's and W's all over the place so I would say they fall in the V and W section !! :roflol:

Mercedes Benz !!