Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 years welding. I told myself that it was just going to be a job to put myself through college. Well I'm still welding. It ain't so bad cause I can make all kinds of props(swingers-Drop turners-clamshells-poppers-Etc

Surgical oncologist (cancer surgeon) for 23 years.

Commercial pilot for 38 yrs (paid for most of my education flying bank checks and charters at nite)

Started in IPSC in 1977 in Columbia, MO and Kansas City, KS

Was out of the game from 1983 to 2005.

Started back in IPSC in 2006, its great to be back with some of the

greatest people in the world.

I'm a Bone Marrow Transplant Nurse.

- also worked as a Hema/Onc. nurse for 9.5yrs before this job.

- Rehab nurse

- US Army

- Kentucky Fried Chicken cook (chicken jocky) :roflol:

- Some construction.

- always freelance beer tester.

Jon

Presently I am a Cement finisher for local 633. Before that:

Forman and finisher for my Dads cement construction Business

Broke college student (law enforcement)

Combat engineer/ MP in the Marines

Worked summers stocking shelves at a grocery store

De-tasseled corn

Pretty much all of the jobs sucked, but what job doesnt. At least the sucky one now pays well.

2nd year shooting USPSA.

My dream is to have a job I actually like, that pays above poverty level.

Surgical oncologist (cancer surgeon) for 23 years.

Commercial pilot for 38 yrs (paid for most of my education flying bank checks and charters at nite)

Started in IPSC in 1977 in Columbia, MO and Kansas City, KS

Was out of the game from 1983 to 2005.

Started back in IPSC in 2006, its great to be back with some of the

greatest people in the world.

We just call him "Doc" ;):P

Forensic Firearms Examiner / Armorer / Bomb Technician / Trainer for a State LE Agency

I think he might end up a pretty good gunsmith too.

The 9mm top you built me is running great, hasnt missed a beat in 2k(See what happens when you use good parts). I believe it is time to blue it and shoot the hell out of it. It is still a little tight but it is getting better every session. Very accurate.

I work on xray equipment,(primarily cardio vascular cath labs and such.) It allows some freedom as I travel alot.

Edited by scirocco38s

Aircraft line mechanic for 12 yrs.I started with a Mom and Pop 135 freight operator that flew SA226/227s,BE1900Cs,and a Mits.For the last 10 yrs,I've worked for a 121 freight company that operates F-27s and ATR42/72s.It pays the bills and I've been to some pretty cool places.-mike

I retired from the US Army with 21 years in 2005- Most of that time in the Infantry. Then I spent about a week goofing off before I started working as a contractor for the Army training marksmanship.

In 06 I decided to spend Thanksgiving, Christmas and the whole of 07 in Afghanistan training shooters.

Now I'm back in the real world training marksmanship and tactics at the MP school for Special Operations.

Along the way I shot some IPSC, started my own company and learned how work on grips and such.

I would spend more time teaching civilian and LE marksmanship if I could just get a few more students coming this way.

I inspect the land application of municipal biosolids for the states version of EPA. And yes, it is as glamorous as it sounds.

Biosolids eh.... Is that a nice way of saying...? :D

Pretty much, but it has been treated and doesn't remotely resemble the raw material. It kinda smells like it sometimes though.

Last 9 years developing data driven Web Sites, 15 years before that I managed GM service departments (Director). 10 years prior to that I owned a small trucking company. Also worked as a marine Deputy during the summers.

• 7 months later...

I am currently a State Patrol Trooper in my 19th year.

I use a squad car during the winter months, and I ride on our motorcycle unit during the summer months (April-October).

I am a firearm instructor with our agency, and have been for 7 years. I am very happy to say our agency has taken a pro-active step in the firearm training over the last 7 years. We now have troopers MOVE and shoot in some dynamic courses we set up. I know USPSA has affected my input on what type of courses and firearms qualifications we put our troopers thru (at least in my 66 trooper district).

I have an added benefit to my job. I get to work on my footwork during my shift, especially during the winter months when I routinely have multiple cars coming at me sideways at 60-70mph. It really helps with reaction times and getting in and out of positions. I'm much quicker now that I have had so much practice. :ph34r:

Oh yeah, I also get to work on trigger control when I use my Laser.... :rolleyes:

Wow!! Thread Revival of the day. I fix stuff. All kinds of stuff. My family and I own a tool repair business fixing all kinds of tools(electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic) during the daytime. Get to work with my brother and father daily and really enjoy that.

After hours I have my own business where I go and fix large tools on location. Bulk of those are compressors, but you never know what kind of equipment I run into. Lately I have had the added benefit of working on some stuff for a large commercial reloader, and have been able to do some trading for components.