Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do for a living?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make $500k plus a year from winning competition shoots and various endorsements from equipment manufacturers... and then I woke up from my dream and realized I'm just a IT guy for the City of Richland, WA. I do mostly networking -- routers, fiber, internet, wireless, etc.

for the last 2 years, ive been self employed building high end guitar amps. For the 13 years prior to that, I did amps part time, and worked at one of the coolest racing engine building shops in the country building really high end drag engines, and working on our customers cars. I guess Ive alwas been into toys :cheers:

Retired (22 years) Army 1SG Cavalry Scout REEECON!!!! Currently in my 6th year of public works for a northern Suburb of Cincinnati. I supervise snow removal, street maintenance, etc.

3 kids. One @OSU, one going to OSU this coming fall, one sophomore in HS. How am I able to afford shooting you ask? Thank god they are all ALOT smarter than me and rake in the scholarships. I was a grunt and they are all going into engineering. Go figure! I'm proud of them all though.

• 2 weeks later...

Full time husband to beautiful wife who understands my shooting addiction.

Currently Director of Operations for Detonics Firearms. Absolutely love my job. You'll be hearing a whole lot more from us straight to all the competition shooters soon. :cheers:

Before that, in the other family business doing hand to hand combat and weapons training to LE/Mil.

It's a really good life.

I work as an online marketing consultant doing mostly search engine optimization work.

If that sounded like gobbledy-gook to you, what it means is that I recommend changes to websites so that people can find them in Google, Yahoo, etc.

I've been toying with the idea of using some of my spare time to help firearm related websites in exchange for ammo/equipment.

Production Manager for Cirque du Soleil's KÀ show in Las Vegas. Yeah I've got cool hobbies, but I have a REALLY cool job. I oversee the most expensive and complex Production show ever.

:cheers:

Cool Job!!!

A good friend of mine has been the flight mechanic for Sheldon Adelson for a few years now. Never met him, but his plane is crazy cool!!!

Catastrophe reinspector (read: customer service/QA) for a major insurance company - I make sure people get paid. I've spent most of my time in the past few years managing data collection and reporting for our business unit. I was just promoted into management.

I also run a website that centralizes most of Indiana's action shooting sports. I try to sell a few shooting related parts and accesories on the side.

Powerplant Operator for 4 1/2 years. Shift work sucks! And it's hard to shoot with only one full weekend off a month. But, good news, I just applied for, and was recommended for a day shift job doing Instumentation, Controls, and Electrical. Maybe now I can continue on with my "Future" career, shooting full time. Yeah right! :cheers:

Animation Layout artist for 3-D feature films. Latest movie: h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIpZxBczWUg

It's scheduled for release 09-09-09.

that trailer looks AWESOME!

I am an out of work (laid off last year) video production and post production professional. I started out 23 years ago as a teleprompter operator for a local newscast, then as a studio and field cameraman. Went to college for Film and TV production and got a job at another TV station as a Producer/Director of local television commercials.

From there I moved to a high end production/post production house specializing in direct response commercials nad infomercials, first as a tape op, then as an editor.

I was then recruited to start and supervise a new department in the same (direct response) field at a different Production house.

Most recently I was an Avid Editor working on Direct Response commercials and infomercials.

If you watch TV and have seen any infomercials, chances are you have seen my work.

• 4 months later...

I work for a Data Storage company. We make Data Tape Libraries, RAID Backup Systems, File System Software and other goodies for backing up or managing data. I work on the field service side of the street supporting our service teams. Basically, when something breaks and the local or regional service team can’t fix it they call me in to get the problem resolved. Lots of last minute flying around and always getting thrown into super pissed off customer situations. Solving complex problems under extremely tight deadlines is my forte. Hhhhmmmmm…… I wonder why I like USPSA match shooting so much? :rolleyes:

21+ years active duty in the US Air Force ( MSgt E-7, Aerospace Ground Equipment Craftsman, 2A672) I would retire but they have been footing my shooting bill for about 10 years now and I hate to throw away a good deal. Thanks to all the other on the board that have and still serve this great country. God bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently

Service department for an elevator company

Also reload ammo for my boss and me (650 behind me in office)

Before

Route driver for a vending company.

Edited by ronhonda