What Open Gun holster is Everyone Using

war_material

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Everybody swears by the Everglades, if you are starting back up again I would just go that route. I didn't love certain aspects of it but I'm so used to my DAA Alpha X that I don't want to switch at this point.

I don't recommend the DAA flex. I returned mine. Doesn't seem finished, and due to its design it doesn't sit as low as the alpha X. Plus paying $50 for an insert is much easier than spending 5-15 minutes reconfiguring your holster every time you want to swap. 

On 12/2/2023 at 8:10 AM, RadarLuv said:

Would everyone Still use the everglades for tactical 2 gun type events or is there a better option for those games?

You can try... Before you do, try doing couple of burpees with a holstered pistol 😉 

• 3 weeks later...

Alpha X.  One  for open and one for revolver. They are also great if flying as take one screw out and the holster body comes out and leaves the part against the belt unaffected (no readjustment!).  The body fits nicely into my Salomon’s.

21 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

Alpha X.  One  for open and one for revolver. They are also great if flying as take one screw out and the holster body comes out and leaves the part against the belt unaffected (no readjustment!).  The body fits nicely into my Salomon’s.

Does Alpha X have good retention for running, good for 2 gun competitions?

2 hours ago, RadarLuv said:

No idea.  Though to be honest if I sprint back to the line after patching I do put my hand over the gun.  There isn’t much holding the gun in.

8 hours ago, RadarLuv said:

i wouldn't recommend the Alpha-X, Flex, or any type of similar race holster for 2- or 3-gun matches. A Kydex-type holster looks much safer/better for these types of competitions ...

19 minutes ago, kaseyj5056 said:

DAA flex hands down. Everglades has no adjustment and the gun moves WAY too much. With the flex you can adjust it to fit exactly to your trigger guard 

The flex is easily one of the worst holsters ive tried. Very soft plastic deforms with a low volume # of draws. Good luck trying to fit it to a new grip after minor use. 

Edited by Maximis228

Just now, Maximis228 said:

The flex is easily one of the worst holsters ive tried. Veyr soft plastic mawrs on low volume # of draws. Good luck trying to fit it to a new grip after minor use. 

Sadly, I agree. For me the Everglades has always worked for limited and open. 

1 hour ago, Maximis228 said:

The flex is easily one of the worst holsters ive tried. Very soft plastic deforms with a low volume # of draws. Good luck trying to fit it to a new grip after minor use. 

Never had any issues. Granted it doesnt feel as tight as it used too, even with readjustment. However its still 5x tighter than the everglades.