Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Open Gun holster is Everyone Using

war_material

2 hours ago, parvusimperator said:

I unscrewed the mounting brackets, put it about where I wanted it, attached the brackets, shifted it around a little, and then tightened the brackets down over the joints between two links, like DAA recommends. It fits great.

Perfect. Thanks 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, parvusimperator said:

Everglades MRH. Tried the Alpha X and didn't like it. Sold that to a buddy who said the alpha x worked a lot better with the muzzle support. I'm so happy with the MRH that I don't want to try anything else.

MRH is better with a more rigid belt. I switched to the Lynx belt and it's nicer.

I tried the Everglades pad and didn't like it much. Later, I mounted one of these foam pads on the inside of the hanger.

https://darkstargear.com/product/flatpad/

That's a way better thigh pad for me than the Everglades one.

You can get that foam rubber stuff on Amazon with free shipping. You get a lot more of it to

8 hours ago, Patrickxx said:

Have any of you guys had both the shooting USA holster and the Everglades? I broke the arm on my shooting USA and either have to fabricate a new piece or order a new holster and I’m curious how the mrh compares. 

I have. But I never had them at the same time so I cannot recall if the arms are identical but they were very very close.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 12:43 AM, chgofirefighter said:

🤣

I know right, but I will say this, the holster is excellent.  No need for a thigh pad, magnets actually hold really well, as in I don't feel the need to lock it in dry fire when I'm moving or bending over to pick up mags, the release is pretty short (not as short as the SL 015).  I'm really liking it.  Super easy to adjust as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 5:37 AM, clw42 said:

I know right, but I will say this, the holster is excellent.  No need for a thigh pad, magnets actually hold really well, as in I don't feel the need to lock it in dry fire when I'm moving or bending over to pick up mags, the release is pretty short (not as short as the SL 015).  I'm really liking it.  Super easy to adjust as well.

I have the Everglades speed holster, and you need thigh pad to use it.  I often get some minor swelling from using the thigh pad.  I looked into this holster as an option but it simply looks too handmade.  I'm sure it works though~ Would love to see one locally to try out

23 minutes ago, chgofirefighter said:

I have the Everglades speed holster, and you need thigh pad to use it.  I often get some minor swelling from using the thigh pad.  I looked into this holster as an option but it simply looks too handmade.  I'm sure it works though~ Would love to see one locally to try out

It's funny how everyone is hung up on how it looks.  Fit, form, function.  When I was having my open guns built I would tell Don, just do whatever you want as long as the thing works.  Slide cuts...don't care...decorative machining, don't care...color, don't care.  You get my point.  I'm totally a FFF type of person. 

If I had one complaint about the holster it's that it doesn't extend as far away from the hip as some others can.  It's not a problem for me as I like it closer, but I can definitely see it causing some issues for people, especially bigger guys with bear paws for hands.

1 hour ago, clw42 said:

It's funny how everyone is hung up on how it looks.  Fit, form, function.  When I was having my open guns built I would tell Don, just do whatever you want as long as the thing works.  Slide cuts...don't care...decorative machining, don't care...color, don't care.  You get my point.  I'm totally a FFF type of person. 

If I had one complaint about the holster it's that it doesn't extend as far away from the hip as some others can.  It's not a problem for me as I like it closer, but I can definitely see it causing some issues for people, especially bigger guys with bear paws for hands.

You are right, looks apparently sells a LOT!  Fit and function most don't pay attention to because many of us want to look "cool" Way too many are too concern about how the firearm looks, what gear you use, colors, etc etc.  Instead of being concerned about how good do you shoot, hows your dry fire routines, fundamentals, and ultimately how good at you when it comes down to compete in the game.  With that being said, some people just want to shoot, have fun and don't care about competiting or classications, etc. But you're absolutely right, looks way too many are hung up on looks...  I've been a victim of that myself 

So I am an odd bird here.  I was using a CR Speed, then went to a Center Of Mass holster because I was doing Open 3-Gun and needed something more secure.  The COM is basically a standard kydex holster with swells to handle the CMORE scope legs on either side.  Not the fastest holster in the world, but not one I have to worry any about either.  Got comfortable with it and just never changed back to the CR Speed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 7:51 AM, Rnlinebacker said:

Everglades race holster is very common to see now

That design used to be called the Manny Bragg Futuristic Magnetic Holster.  It was manufactured in Europe back then. 

7 hours ago, blueeyedme said:

That design used to be called the Manny Bragg Futuristic Magnetic Holster.  It was manufactured in Europe back then. 

He was just an importer. Everglades made an illegal copy.

11 hours ago, Kema said:

He was just an importer. Everglades made an illegal copy.

IFFFFF this is the case, have your Finnish buddy file a claim regarding patent infringement.  Every time someone mentions Everglades, you chime in with this.  The ship has sailed.  Time to let it go

10 hours ago, Kema said:

You must have a free cap from everglades 😄

Well it is illegal only if the invention is patented or the design is protected. Otherwise it's free game, legally. Morally it's a whole another story :)

3 hours ago, Janskis said:

Well it is illegal only if the invention is patented or the design is protected. Otherwise it's free game, legally. Morally it's a whole another story :)

Regardless, it’s the best holster I’ve used. I’m glad they did whatever they did.😎