Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Open Gun holster is Everyone Using

war_material

4 hours ago, Adsai82 said:

I'd like to get my hands on an Everglades MRH right hand holster but they've been out of stock for a few months now. Currently using a black scorpion magnetic holster and it's been ok so far.

The Everglades MRH felt great and would be worth jumping on if you find one available later. The Safariland 015 is also a great option if you're looking for something readily available *right now*.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, kamber said:

The Everglades MRH felt great and would be worth jumping on if you find one available later. The Safariland 015 is also a great option if you're looking for something readily available *right now*.

I was looking at the Safariland 015 also but they’ve been discontinued and I can’t find any for sale expect for left hand holsters. 

Edited by Adsai82

47 minutes ago, Adsai82 said:

I was looking at the Safariland 015 also but they’ve been discontinued and I can’t find any for sale expect for left hand holsters. 

Sorry about that. Did a quick google search and saw some available. My mistake, did not notice that the only ones available were LHD!

Edited by kamber

4 minutes ago, kamber said:

Sorry about that. Did a quick google search and saw some available. My mistake, did not notice that the only ones available were LHD!

Not sure why they discontinued them. Seems everything competition based is currently off Safarilands website.

2 minutes ago, mrvip27 said:

Not sure why they discontinued them. Seems everything competition based is currently off Safarilands website.

Yeah I'm not quite sure. The Everglades and Safariland were very popular and well liked "top" race holster offerings these past few years, it's sad that they're so difficult to come by these days!

12 minutes ago, kamber said:

I almost bought a left hand one by mistake from shooters connection, didn’t realize until last minute. I also recently contacted Everglades to ask if they had an ETA on the MRH and they responded ‘ not at this time ‘ 

15 minutes ago, Adsai82 said:

I almost bought a left hand one by mistake from shooters connection, didn’t realize until last minute. I also recently contacted Everglades to ask if they had an ETA on the MRH and they responded ‘ not at this time ‘ 

They won’t be making any and I’m not sure why….much sadness. 

I run a Double Alpha AlphaX in USPSA Open division. It’s smooth, endlessly adjustable & when locked, there’s no way the gun is coming out. I’ve had a few really good wedgies to prove it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use a custom fitted Kydex Long’s Shadow holster for my Atlas Chaos. With the proper training and gun handling mechanics it’s just as “fast” as any Race holster. Producing sub .80 sec draws is fast enough for me.

The primary reason why I use a Kydex holster is that it’s WAY more comfortable to wear all day on the range vs a Race holster that digs into my leg painfully at a single point. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...