Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Open Gun holster is Everyone Using

war_material

On 3/10/2022 at 1:25 PM, Sarge said:

Regardless, it’s the best holster I’ve used. I’m glad they did whatever they did.😎

I own three SLB's because I think that is the best holster I've used. If the everglades comes even close, it's still far ahead of any other competition

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/23/2021 at 2:05 PM, Sarge said:

Sounds like an interesting backstory but there is no denying the MRH is the best holster I have used. By far.

100% agree. DAA would stick on a draw unless a perfect up angle was used.

• 2 weeks later...

The Everglades one seems nice from what I’ve seen and heard.   Kinda pricey.   My double alpha that I’ve been using for almost a year had some hiccups here and there but they all appear to be ironed out now.   Sometimes it would bind/Hangup.   For the price the double alpha is great.  

Edited by OpenshooterAclass4lyfe
Wrong word lol

Everglades MRH is and has been flawless. Glad I went this route. You won't be disappointed. The magnets on the MRH would leave "scuff" marks on the dust cover, so I put rubber shrink tubing on the rollers and its perfect. 

I just went the Everglades route from a DAA race master, world of difference better ! Just waiting for the thigh pad to come into stock.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:39 AM, steveac1 said:

Everglades MRH is and has been flawless. Glad I went this route. You won't be disappointed. The magnets on the MRH would leave "scuff" marks on the dust cover, so I put rubber shrink tubing on the rollers and its perfect. 

Steveac1, do you have a picture of your shrink tube job ?

I have used many.  I started with the DAA but it would stick from time to time resulting in a lockup the draw.  I tried the Guga Ribas but too many fine adjustments and felt very cheap.  Then switched to the Safariland which was fantastic, but if you forget to lock your gun while practicing or dry fire or something you can easily knock it out the holster.  I finally settled on the CR Speed Ultra holster this year with the arredondo trigger lock and it is lights out. 

• 1 month later...

Have my 3rd Everglades.......but this one seems to have a bearing issue.  Anyone whom has a recent release have their magnetic roller very tight and resistant to free movement?

11 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

I had to oil it a little to get it to freely roll. Little metal shavings also find their way in there and restrict the wheel sometimes.

Speaking of this, are there any videos out there on how to disassemble this thing for cleaning and lubing?  

On 5/25/2022 at 4:13 PM, UpYoursPal said:

Speaking of this, are there any videos out there on how to disassemble this thing for cleaning and lubing?  

Yes.  He has a video on how to swap the standard screws for the SS stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 2:12 AM, Kema said:

He was just an importer. Everglades made an illegal copy.

IDK if it's illegal or not, but it is definitely a copy.  I have two of the OG MBFMH holsters and they remain awesome.

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2021 at 7:16 PM, clw42 said:

The holster body is virtually identical to the MRH.

This was Gen one of the SLB, which was designed by Stefan Borgström.  I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that his middle name starts with L. 

The one I just received is Gen 3, and though it may not look to be updated, I can tell you that making adjustments is much easier than the original/MRH, it doesn't require a thigh pad, it's much lighter overall and it was less expensive.

I have the original one that you just showed with the retainer.  But it doesn't fit my 2011's, so it must be for a Tanfo or CZ?????

12 hours ago, bigboy69 said:

I have the original one that you just showed with the retainer.  But it doesn't fit my 2011's, so it must be for a Tanfo or CZ?????

It's possible, there are a bunch of versions.  The one I have fits both the LSI and Cheely grips without modification.

• 1 month later...

Went back to the MRH. I figured out how to move the holster closer to the body and now love it. Tried the DAA alpha x amd the new cr speed ultra holster and both sucked. The cr speed would have been perfect except it just isn't left handed friendly. Can't get to the locking lever at all for a Lefty.