Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP-5 reviews/input

I sold my GMR-15 when the market was at it's highest, expecting my JP-5 in late January early February.  Then I got the "we're starting production next month" email in January.  A February startup meant it would be March before the parts got to the plater and April before anything would be assembled, tested and shipped.  This was way before the latest delay email was sent about the delay in barrel production.

I canceled my order and went another direction.  So if you ordered after 6/8/21, you moved up one spot on the list. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/17/2022 at 9:18 AM, Kwontanamo said:

i also thought about this. Do I ask to have the titanium comp turned to where the ports face 12 and 6 o clock or go with the PCC comp. 

i'm a fan of the M-lok rail and the mission first stock though.

I ran the SC version with Ti comp in SC, USPSA PCC and Outlaw PCC.  Recoil and dot movement is minimal, just a mild thump to the shoulder.  I would get the SC version no matter what from of PCC youre into.  Great handguard, and its under 6 lbs with an Aimpoint H2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 8:59 PM, cking said:

Still no signs of shipping, glad I didn't put money down

Well, I did.  Didn't require the full amount and got me on the first list.  Still can shoot PCC with my current PCCs, but really want to see my notice come in.  I would rather have it sooner than that much later.

But I can certainly see your point.  I click on this thread EVERY SINGLE DAY just to see if they are shipping.

18 hours ago, window2time said:

Are any of our pro shooters here involved in the reliability testing of the JP5?  Can you please tell us how that is going?

Is 28,000 rounds good enough? 

That's where I'm at at least. Still going but I know others are higher.

Edited by Darqusoull13
21 hours ago, window2time said:

Are any of our pro shooters here involved in the reliability testing of the JP5?  Can you please tell us how that is going?

While not "here", I did talk to Max at Berry's Steel Open and he said that he is sticking with the 5 for this year. That is a pretty good confirmation!

13 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Is 28,000 rounds good enough? 

That's where I'm at at least. Still going but I know others are higher.

That is awesome.  JP says they have the parts to build our guns but they are just completing their quality assurance testing.  So I am just wondering how that is coming along?

"While we have the parts in the building to start production, we need more time to complete our quality assurance testing"

On 4/22/2022 at 6:39 AM, caspian guy said:

Doesn't the JP use HK locking pieces?

From my understanding yes or a version of it that can be switched out for tuning purposes, but who knows how long until those are available to buy to be able to tune the roller delay.

On 4/22/2022 at 6:32 AM, Blackstone45 said:

Any ideas if the shorter barrel might interfere with the operation of the roller delayed action?

When available you should be able to order various locking pieces to tune, but until then you might have to tune ammo to get the desired affect.  

On 4/25/2022 at 1:09 PM, Boomstick303 said:

From my understanding yes or a version of it that can be switched out for tuning purposes, but who knows how long until those are available to buy to be able to tune the roller delay.

When available you should be able to order various locking pieces to tune, but until then you might have to tune ammo to get the desired affect.  

From my understanding the JP5 has various points of adjustability to allow you to tune it to your specific ammunition usage.  This video talks about some of it.  https://youtu.be/p8wzq5dv-_c