Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP-5 reviews/input

11 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I think I would put about 5,000 rounds down range with the JP-5 before I go changing things. 

We we have no idea what caused that malfunction. 

You would think he probably put a lot of rounds down range with it to feel confident enough to go into nationals with a new gun. It could vary well of just been a fluke, s#!t happens. Time will tell.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Racinready300ex said:

You would think he probably put a lot of rounds down range with it to feel confident enough to go into nationals with a new gun. It could vary well of just been a fluke, s#!t happens. Time will tell.

It will be telling if Max uses it at his next major 😉 

17 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

Max's JP5 malfunctioned on stage 5

Just a heads up, that had nothing to do with the rifle. 

14 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

He'll probably tell you if you ask him. 

Final count on mine was around 23,550 at the end of the season :) 

57 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

To be honest, I do not care.  My point was most likely was not the gun.  Max knows more about guns, ammo and has shot way more rounds in his life to this point in his life than I will ever shoot.  I am sure his guns run in tip top shape, hence my comment.  

Most gun malfunctions have little to do with the gun and more to do with other factors.  Ammo being the biggest one.  Maintenance (poor maintenance), people tinkering with their gun, not setting them up properly, not understanding what ammo to use at what OAL, etc.,  usually are the most causes of firearm malfunctions. 

I will exclude 1911s and 2011s from this observation.  While I understand guns can malfunction and do, the majority of the malfunctions have nothing to do with the gun in its original form, from a reputable manufacturer(for some manufacturers once the beta testing is complete by their customers, YES, I am talking about Sigs).  If you ran them in factory form with over the counter ammo most would hardly ever malfunction.   At least that has been my observation.

1 hour ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Just a heads up, that had nothing to do with the rifle. 

Final count on mine was around 23,550 at the end of the season :) 

So why not just share the issue? 🙂

A 7s malfunction after 16-18rds fired (happened on the last position of stage 5) was unlikely a magazine issue. 

A failure to fire from a bad round/primer would’ve clear much quicker than 7s. 

Inquiring minds want to know. 

45 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

So why not just share the issue? 🙂

A 7s malfunction after 16-18rds fired (happened on the last position of stage 5) was unlikely a magazine issue. 

A failure to fire from a bad round/primer would’ve clear much quicker than 7s. 

Inquiring minds want to know. 

Because I want to increase his social media engagement by telling random dudes to slide into his DMs? 🤣

In reality it's not my issue to share. Max has always been easy going and straightforward. If you ask him a question, he'll likely answer it. Much easier to just ask than speculate with rumors although that's way less juicy for the forums on the interwebz. 

30 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Because I want to increase his social media engagement by telling random dudes to slide into his DMs? 🤣

In reality it's not my issue to share. Max has always been easy going and straightforward. If you ask him a question, he'll likely answer it. Much easier to just ask than speculate with rumors although that's way less juicy for the forums on the interwebz. 

I would think as a steward of JP Enterprises you’d be eager to share information indicating that this was something other than a malfunction of the JP-5 to potential buyers… but you do you! 

People speak or the MPX having tons of problems. I can’t say I’ve experienced the same.  I’d say I shoot quite a bit too. Yes, it requires a lot of maintenance to run flawless. It’s the price I’m willing to pay. 

I’ve always said, a clean gun is a reliable gun. 

9 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I assume you ordered directly through JP?

Yes, on the same day I got the email from JP opening up the preorder.

Anyone subscribed to their digital newsletter, the Bulletin, got the email.

Edited by cferree
35 minutes ago, cferree said:

Anyone subscribed to their digital newsletter, the Bulletin, got the email

JP won’t sell to civilians in Colorado unless you buy through a distributor. I had to pre order through shooters connection. So I imagine I will get mine after you get yours. 😬

8 minutes ago, chrsb said:

I sent an email to confirm my FFL sent in his info(don’t want any hold ups) and asked about shipping. He responded that it wound be end of year/Q1 of next year. I was hoping by xmas but oh well. 

That gets it to you before the season really gets going at least. Assuming you have a season in your part of the country. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 4:40 PM, Chillywig said:

What bolt does it use? Is it a MP5 bolt? I know my MP5s love to eat up extractor springs. All you have to do is look directly at the spring and they are worn out. There's a mad max bolt head I've always wanted to try that gets rid of the wire spring. https://atlanticfirearms.com/m-a-d-bolt-head

Its a proprietary bolt.  JP5 left, MP5 right.

jp5 bolt.jpg

On 10/28/2021 at 5:22 PM, Boomstick303 said:

I think I would put about 5,000 rounds down range with the JP-5 before I go changing things. 

I put a little over 3k rounds through mine before I had to return it to JP.  The last 2500 rounds were with no cleaning or lube.  I had 4 clickers, 3 backwards primers and 1 sideways primer.  Zero malfunctions.  I'd say its very reliable.