Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

If the mags will get to capacity in 40 S&W at 140mm this is just another great option for limited from CZ. It'll come down to preference as it usually does but for the price, for me, it would be worth it. Excited to get ahold of one for sure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Product page refers to “...many standard 1911 parts enable gunsmiths and competitive shooters to tune the X just the way they like it”, so that would imply at least some of the parts are standard 1911 components. They explicitly state it’s compatible with CZ75 grip panels and magwells too

With the straight pull trigger, I'm gonna make an educated guess and say hammer/sear/disco group will be 1911 with CZ hammer strut and mainspring group.

I'm really interested in seeing how the barrel locks up. I know it's a linkless barrel, so prob'ly CZ style "kidney bean" on the bottom, but does it use the 1911 style locking lugs, or the more modern block type lock up on the top end?

8 hours ago, aandabooks said:

3. Is the 1911 trigger really an advantage over the TSO/Czechmate SA trigger?  Taking out the switching but just comparing triggers to which is better.

Having both 1911s and CZ 75 (TS) I will say that the trigger on the CZ is better than any other pistol on the market EXCEPT a well tuned 1911. I have spent countless hours tuning the TS trigger and while it is light and crisp and the sear engagement is short, I can't get rid of the gawd-awful take up.

Also not a fan of flat triggers and that would be the first thing I'd change. My Caspian double stack came with their Trik Trigger (only one available for that frame) which is identical to the DWX trigger pad. I went to  lot of trouble to change the pad to a curved 3 hole. I did it once, I'll do it again. :P

And I can honestly say that I prefer the straight pull over the swinging trigger, but if you could tune a swinger down to as short as my 1911s I doubt I would be able to tell the difference.

Edited by Dranoel

6 hours ago, Happyfeet said:

Are  the frame rails 1911 style or cz style...that would make a difference

from the pic.   this gun has 1911 frame rails not cz type. gun looks perfect.

DW quality is very good . i hope that they will not use steel that cz use for  cz guns .Otherwise it will be a new model of  recycled Skoda😉

Edited by yigal

11 hours ago, aandabooks said:

3. Is the 1911 trigger really an advantage over the TSO/Czechmate SA trigger? 

Yes.  The disadvantage of the CZ hinged trigger is the pull weight varies depending on where your finger is on the trigger bar.  Also, if you are slapping the trigger as in run gun, there is a tendency to pull the gun down.  Every time I shoot my TS I have to make an adjustment.  I'm the opposite of you.  I'm so used to my 1911s and 2011s the TS trigger (a straight CGW bar) feels weird.

10 hours ago, Dranoel said:

With the straight pull trigger, I'm gonna make an educated guess and say hammer/sear/disco group will be 1911 with CZ hammer strut and mainspring group.

I'm really interested in seeing how the barrel locks up. I know it's a linkless barrel, so prob'ly CZ style "kidney bean" on the bottom, but does it use the 1911 style locking lugs, or the more modern block type lock up on the top end?

Based on the pictures of the barrel hood, I imagine they went with the Glock-style top block locking lugs.

The best current comparison to a pistol with the same feature set as the DWX would be the Phoenix Trinity Honcho;

https://ptrinity.com/product-category/honcho/

The Honcho utilizes PT’s EVO grip, which they claim was designed to give a 2011 the same grip profile as a CZ75. Also using a linkless Glock-style barrel lock, and maintaining the 1911/2011 style trigger mechanism. What Dan Wesson has done is to introduce an $1,800 MSRP production version of the Honcho

The best current comparison to a pistol with the same feature set as the DWX would be the Phoenix Trinity Honcho;

The Honcho utilizes PT’s EVO grip, which is designed to give a 2011 the same grip profile as a CZ75. Also using a linkless Glock-style barrel lock, and maintaining the 1911/2011 style trigger mechanism.

Dan Wesson has effectively introduced an $1,800 MSRP production version of the Honcho

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Agree. They could have gotten rid of it for a cleaner look like the TSO/CM.

Y’all are missing the point that this pistol is intended to be used for more than just competition shooting. People will buy these for either duty or CCW, and most people tend to want rails on their duty/CCW guns for lights and lasers

25 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

Based on the pictures of the barrel hood, I imagine they went with the Glock-style top block locking lugs.

The best current comparison to a pistol with the same feature set as the DWX would be the Phoenix Trinity Honcho;

The Honcho utilizes PT’s EVO grip, which they claim was designed to give a 2011 the same grip profile as a CZ75. Also using a linkless Glock-style barrel lock, and maintaining the 1911/2011 style trigger mechanism. What Dan Wesson has done is to introduce an $1,800 MSRP production version of the Honcho

u mean that ?🙉

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪for a few dollars more‬‏