Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like it could be a great value for a limited blaster. I'm definitely tempted to try one since I'm currently saving for a new gun.

Does anybody have experience running the .40 P09 mags? Can they get 20-21 in a 140mm tube?

Perhaps, I am wrong since I did not see this gun yet but I think this is a solution without a problem.
I have shot CZ SAO guns in USPSA Limited a LOT. The triggers on all my CZ TSOs were amazing. That is not where CZs (Not only BTW) were lacking. I am shooting a 2011 now not because it has a better trigger. As a matter of fact, the TSO's trigger is better. However, the 2011 tracks noticeably better in recoil. When I was shooting tight targets I was surprised how fast my gun was returning back to the targets. It probably does not really matter for the 90% targets in the most of the shooting sports though.

The price of course is hard to beat comparing to any decent 2011s 

Good to see a manufacturer trying something new/innovative.

I for one am also thrilled to see the continuing trend of abolishing delineations between what are traditionally thought of as strictly competition platforms and strictly duty/carry platforms - Offering this in both a fullsize version and a compact version means they’re recognizing that all the parts and philosophies that give you an advantage in competition gives you the same advantage in a defensive scenario.

This will surely be something to watch going forward

7 minutes ago, OPENB said:

So does it actually contain 1911 fire control parts? The trigger and ambi definitely look 1911.  Firing pin safety or not? 

Product page refers to “...many standard 1911 parts enable gunsmiths and competitive shooters to tune the X just the way they like it”, so that would imply at least some of the parts are standard 1911 components. They explicitly state it’s compatible with CZ75 grip panels and magwells too

5 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I'm sure this is a cool pistol design, but y'all need to get on the same sheet of music.  There are like 4+ threads going about this same pistol.......

Nobody can figure out how to categorize it, that’s why there are multiple threads in different subsections. Which is kind of the point of the pistol itself 😂

Since I saw this about 6 hours ago and checked out the website.  Looks very interesting but I have just a couple reservations.  

1. I have been a long time CZ shooter across many divisions.  (SP01, S2, TS, TSO, Czechmate and others)  I'm very used to the hinged triggers that CZ has.  I recently picked up an Atlas and have been trying to adjust to the 1911 style trigger.  This so far has been a struggle with a bit of a learning curve.  While the grip here is very CZ, I worry that the trigger will be an issue with just transitioning over.

2. I would want to see how many of the fire control parts are 1911/2011 standard.  If there are a couple of proprietary parts in there and this gun does not take off will parts be available?

3. Is the 1911 trigger really an advantage over the TSO/Czechmate SA trigger?  Taking out the switching but just comparing triggers to which is better.

On the plus side, it looks really cool, easily changeable grips unlike a 2011, magazines should be cheaper, way cheaper than a comparable STI and getting rid of the barrel link will be a plus for breakage.

what makes it better than a tac sport? Is it just the 1911 trigger shape that some people like? I competed with a tac sport for a while and I would gladly take that trigger and put it on my  high-dollar 2011. The trigger was one of the most effective parts of the tac sport for me. I just find my 2011 returns the sights quicker. Perhaps with a little judicious tuning and slide-lightening I could get a tac-sport to do the same, but I tried a 2011 that I liked and just bought the same thing and called it good.

I see now that Cheby expresses the same thoughts above....

2 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

what makes it better than a tac sport? Is it just the 1911 trigger shape that some people like? I competed with a tac sport for a while and I would gladly take that trigger and put it on my  high-dollar 2011. The trigger was one of the most effective parts of the tac sport for me. I just find my 2011 returns the sights quicker. Perhaps with a little judicious tuning and slide-lightening I could get a tac-sport to do the same, but I tried a 2011 that I liked and just bought the same thing and called it good.

I see now that Cheby expresses the same thoughts above....

I posted in the other thread thinking much the same.  I picked up and Atlas because I got curious about the 2011.  Shot 2 matches with it and a bit of practice.  The PT Evo grip has some contour to it but not as much customization as the TSO/Czechmate.  Couldn't stand the plastic 2011 grip.  The Atlas does return nice but not that much better than the TSO.  

I'll need to shelve the CZs for quite a while to truly get a handle on the 2011 trigger.  I don't know that the juice is worth the squeeze.