Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2

konkapot

Shadow 2-Stock or Tuned  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Your Shadow 2 is

• Tuned; trigger, sights, disconnector, fairy dust, etc. Mechanical modifcations to make the gun run better.
    • Stock; at most a grip change.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my main match gun is:

henning full checker grips

extra power extractor spring

czc 11# recoil spring

(spare gun has cgw 10x bushing)

czc trs

czc 12# main spring

dawson 240x100 front sight

over travel screw in trigger removed

czc pre b drop in disconnector

all polished inside.

2075 firing pin spring

Edited by rowdyb

Sorry, allow me to crash your thread. Not a CZ owner yet but consider a Shadow 2 as a future purchase in a return to Production via a flirtation with Limited and a strange love with Revolver. In the wheelgun world, Smith and Wesson is king. But everyone who gets one knows, the first order of business is to make it competition friendly with a spring kit and an action job. Like stated above, gun manufacturers set the action so the most base line ammo will run. In our neck of the woods it’s Blazer. You can get it at any basic sporting goods store. Even though I have taken up reloading in this sport, I miss the days when I could just go buy four boxes somewhere local and go play. But I digress, just a long winded explanation why I voted stock but I’m sure the ways these games are played, your poll will encourage you to “ pimp it up!”

I agree with what B_RAD stated, but did pretty much everything Rowdy did with the exception of the extractor spring.  My double action pull is smoother than most revolvers and the single action rivals my Czechmate.

Nothing I did is what I'd consider tuning or gunsmithing though, maaayyyybbbee the polishing of internals. What we do to the Shadow 2 is soooo minimal to what I did with my SP01's and definitely less than anything I've ever done to a bone stock 19/2011 (or hell my Glock 34) before competing with it. Looking at my own list the grips are the bit dollar item. Use VZ or Lok and you knock 50 bucks off the price of your mods. my list comes to grips $130, all springs I did $30, front sight $39, disco $55. So for less than $260 I've made the gun a tiny bit nicer for matches and I think more adapted to my loads and shooting style. Not bad....

13 hours ago, rowdyb said:

czc 11# recoil spring

czc trs

czc 12# main spring

all polished inside.

2075 firing pin spring

I've got two Shadow 2's.  Made a few changes.  To both I added a CZC competition hammer, lighter hammer and recoil springs, and CGW bushing.

Oh, and I added Lok Grips Palm Swell grips to both.

To the magazines I added Springer Precision basepads. 

Edited by JGus

2 hours ago, Sniperboy said:

why do you remove the overtravel screw

because no matter how much i loctite it, i've had them back out and ruin a stage at a major match. so now i just get rid of all of them

2 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

because no matter how much i loctite it, i've had them back out and ruin a stage at a major match. so now i just get rid of all of them

And the funny thing about them (Tanfo had the same thing) is that when you play with the gun on a bench, there’s a massive difference. Trigger becomes amazing with properly set overtravel.

But take it to the range? Indoor or outdoor, slowfire or blasting away during a stage, you will not feel the difference. At all.

8 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Nothing I did is what I'd consider tuning or gunsmithing though, maaayyyybbbee the polishing of internals. What we do to the Shadow 2 is soooo minimal to what I did with my SP01's and definitely less than anything I've ever done to a bone stock 19/2011 (or hell my Glock 34) before competing with it. Looking at my own list the grips are the bit dollar item. Use VZ or Lok and you knock 50 bucks off the price of your mods. my list comes to grips $130, all springs I did $30, front sight $39, disco $55. So for less than $260 I've made the gun a tiny bit nicer for matches and I think more adapted to my loads and shooting style. Not bad....

+1 for Henning Grips.  Best feeling grips I own and worth every penny!

6 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Rowdyb, best coincidence ever that you made this comment today. I was cleaning up the magwell on my SP-01 tactical and when I went to test everything was still working before putting the grips back on I noticed my DA pull stopped working unless I manually brought the hammer back a little (bringing it back all the way and I got three clicks instead of the normal two from half cock and full cock). I thought it was something with the sear cage that I had messed up when fiddling with the hammer strut, but then I remembered that I had read your comment here today and sure enough, the overtravel screw had walked out FROM WHERE I LOCTITED TWO NIGHTS AGO. 

You saved me a panic attack and possibly from having to DNS my match this weekend. No longer have an over travel screw in 😃 

2 hours ago, K-wal said:

I swapped to a 11.5 pound mainspring and a 11 pound recoil spring. Also did some polishing of the internals and added Lok Palmswell Bogies. I have to admit I am tempted to add CGW parts to see how much better it can get.

I run the same set up but with a t5 disco

The disco replacement for me keeps my SA  pull more consistent. If you can shoot off the reset or don’t mind pre travel before your pull, you might not need it. For me the biggest difference is that it takes up almost all the pre travel. The  trigger is pretty stays at the reset point. 

0B614FAD-5AFC-4719-9E8F-589B9920A5DA.jpe

11.5 hammer spring (cajun)

short reset (cajun)

13# recoil spring

polish job

light trigger return spring and floating trigger pin.

had extended pin and light spring but went back to factory pin and spring with no issues. It sets off everything.

All work done by myself.

Had issues with the light pin spring and didn't feel comfortable with extended pin as it protruded past the pin hole and wasnt all the comfortable filing the pin down.

Edited by Flyingpig

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 1:20 AM, rowdyb said:

my main match gun is:

czc 11# recoil spring

czc trs

czc 12# main spring

all polished inside.

2075 firing pin spring

CZC trigger return spring -> How does it work? Is the trigger more smooth when pressing it?

Over travel screw in trigger removed -> to avoid any malfunction in case it moves?

czc pre b drop in disconnecto -> Did you try the 0.0mm/ 0.2mm short resets? They cost a little more. I am curious about this pick 

2075 firing pin spring -> What is it? Can it be used in IPSC?

dawson 240x100 front sight -> Do you find pro's and con's or just pro's? I would like to try it but it can be shipped in Italy so I would like to understand more about it before finding a way

4 hours ago, xdf3 said:

CZC trigger return spring -> How does it work? Is the trigger more smooth when pressing it?

Over travel screw in trigger removed -> to avoid any malfunction in case it moves?

czc pre b drop in disconnecto -> Did you try the 0.0mm/ 0.2mm short resets? They cost a little more. I am curious about this pick 

2075 firing pin spring -> What is it? Can it be used in IPSC?

dawson 240x100 front sight -> Do you find pro's and con's or just pro's? I would like to try it but it can be shipped in Italy so I would like to understand more about it before finding a way

i use the new style czc trs because i've never broken one. i also like the red colored stock shadow 2 one.

https://czcustom.com/cz-75-trigger-return-spring-trs-new.html

i remove the overtravel screw because no matter how much loctite i put in there it eventually moves and screws up a stage for me. it causes the trigger not to have enough movement to reset.

i'm familiar with the czc pre-b disco and i know it will work no matter what with no fitting or issues. I also don't need a shorter reset than what that gives me. Chasing the ultimate trigger hasn't ever helped me. I also save on shipping by ordering from just one place as much as possible.

https://czcustom.com/cz-75-pre-b-disconnector-shorter-reset-drop-in.html

the 2075 fps is the one from the rami pistol. i'm must referring to it by it's part number. it is a low power fps but from a factory gun. so yes ipsc legal.

https://czcustom.com/cz-2075-rami-factory-firing-pin-spring.html

240 is the same height as stock, the 0.100" width in narrower than stock. For my crappy eyes this is a little easier to see quickly. The negative is if the set screw for the sight backs out, and it will, the sight wobbles a little. I've tried nail polish and red loctite and it still will eventually get loose. The newer Dawson sights i've ordered for other CZ pistols don't seem to have the set screw but are oversized and need some fitting for the dovetail, making them a tighter fit.

if you're in europe doesn't seboweapons or nordic have everything you need, hopefully avoiding the shipping issues from the usa?