Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2

konkapot

Shadow 2-Stock or Tuned  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Your Shadow 2 is

• Tuned; trigger, sights, disconnector, fairy dust, etc. Mechanical modifcations to make the gun run better.
    • Stock; at most a grip change.

On 1/23/2019 at 4:05 PM, rowdyb said:

i use the new style czc trs because i've never broken one. i also like the red colored stock shadow 2 one.

https://czcustom.com/cz-75-trigger-return-spring-trs-new.html

i remove the overtravel screw because no matter how much loctite i put in there it eventually moves and screws up a stage for me. it causes the trigger not to have enough movement to reset.

i'm familiar with the czc pre-b disco and i know it will work no matter what with no fitting or issues. I also don't need a shorter reset than what that gives me. Chasing the ultimate trigger hasn't ever helped me. I also save on shipping by ordering from just one place as much as possible.

https://czcustom.com/cz-75-pre-b-disconnector-shorter-reset-drop-in.html

the 2075 fps is the one from the rami pistol. i'm must referring to it by it's part number. it is a low power fps but from a factory gun. so yes ipsc legal.

https://czcustom.com/cz-2075-rami-factory-firing-pin-spring.html

240 is the same height as stock, the 0.100" width in narrower than stock. For my crappy eyes this is a little easier to see quickly. The negative is if the set screw for the sight backs out, and it will, the sight wobbles a little. I've tried nail polish and red loctite and it still will eventually get loose. The newer Dawson sights i've ordered for other CZ pistols don't seem to have the set screw but are oversized and need some fitting for the dovetail, making them a tighter fit.

if you're in europe doesn't seboweapons or nordic have everything you need, hopefully avoiding the shipping issues from the usa?

The red colored stock spring seems a bit harder than the older one.

I'll give the czc trs a try, I think. I'm looking for the perfect setup.

Does the firing pin spring matter that much? In case it's lighter, does the firing pin work better? Even if I had to change it every 2000 rounds, I'd do it, just for competitions.

seboweapons hasn't got dawson sights. What is nordic?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Company that makes springs and such

https://www.nordicshootingacademy.com/

I've just checked prices. Omg. I hope all that money pays off. 20€ for a mainspring. I actually pay 3€/each and about 5€ for the recoil spring.

I mean, if it gives better result, I'd buy it, especially if it gives a better trigger pull and it works with most primers (especially hard ones).

Any experience/opinions on who they are? 

On 1/9/2019 at 2:55 PM, rowdyb said:

because no matter how much i loctite it, i've had them back out and ruin a stage at a major match. so now i just get rid of all of them

I remember that day.  First stage of the match!

I’m setting myself up for a verbal beat down here,....that’s ok, bring it.

In my opinion, unless you are shooting the gun the way it was released from the factory, wait for it.......it is no longer a Production hand gun.  CZ did not release the Shadow 2 with an 11lb or whatever recoil spring, or lighter/heavier hammer springs, or maybe they did, don’t know, don’t care because I am shooting both my   CZ Shadow 2 and my optic ready CZ Shadow 2 as they were when I first unboxed them, with the exception of putting an optic on the OR version and putting purple CZ Shadow 2 grips on the OR.  I am sick and tired of the first thing out of most people’s mouth is “Get a trigger job!, do this, do that...”  

How about YOU try shooting a stock pistol and see how you do?  I’d love to see IPSC remove allowing any and all modifications for the Production or Production optics division.   I can totally afford the most expensive finely tuned trigger job on both my pistols but I refuse to, because that pretty much amounts to cheating in my opinion.   OK, now bring the  defensive beat down on me, justifying why you need to take a perfectly good Production hand gun and modify it so that you can compensate for your lack of skill. 😜

Edited by MsDV8

10 hours ago, MsDV8 said:

I’m setting myself up for a verbal beat down here,....that’s ok, bring it.

In my opinion, unless you are shooting the gun the way it was released from the factory, wait for it.......it is no longer a Production hand gun.  CZ did not release the Shadow 2 with an 11lb or whatever recoil spring, or lighter/heavier hammer springs, or maybe they did, don’t know, don’t care because I am shooting both my   CZ Shadow 2 and my optic ready CZ Shadow 2 as they were when I first unboxed them, with the exception of putting an optic on the OR version and putting purple CZ Shadow 2 grips on the OR.  I am sick and tired of the first thing out of most people’s mouth is “Get a trigger job!, do this, do that...”  

How about YOU try shooting a stock pistol and see how you do?  I’d love to see IPSC remove allowing any and all modifications for the Production or Production optics division.   I can totally afford the most expensive finely tuned trigger job on both my pistols but I refuse to, because that pretty much amounts to cheating in my opinion.   OK, now bring the  defensive beat down on me, justifying why you need to take a perfectly good Production hand gun and modify it so that you can compensate for your lack of skill. 😜

No beat down. You are just naive.

13 hours ago, MsDV8 said:

I’d love to see IPSC remove allowing any and all modifications for the Production or Production optics division.   I can totally afford the most expensive finely tuned trigger job on both my pistols but I refuse to, because that pretty much amounts to cheating in my opinion. 

So you're fine with people being able to buy a $1200+ pistol designed to fit into the Production rules from the factory instead of buying a $500 pistol and putting in a $150 trigger and swapping some springs? 

Disallowing modifications only makes sense if it is paired with a price cap for Production gear (like PRS does in their Production division with a max MSRP for the rifle and optic), otherwise companies will just release models that are tuned from the factory and designed for Production (like the Shadow 2 and Q5 SF) for 2-3x the cost of the base model and the division turns into "who has the most money". 

Plus the fact that it would be IMPOSSIBLE to police. Just think about "stock car" racing for a minute. Plus Regor will be able to buy 20 rds and have 5 in his gun soon. Communist f*#king state!

Edited by Jeff O

Stock like Nascar Stock cars are stock? I too come from a wheel gun background and nothing anyone shoots there is out of the box stock for long so now that I finally have my Texas DL the first gun im going to get is a Shadow 2 and initially it will be stock but I plan on getting a spring kit at least. Even in service rifle competitions you are allowed to use a non-service , trigger,  barrels, weights, and sights. 

Edited by usmcchet9296

CZ sends the 2 out with multiple springs, but, like the Shadow, they are sending them out with springs that will fire the worst of the worst duty ammo. Swapping the springs out for lighter ones is absolutely in keeping with the intent of Production division as almost all the manufacturers had lighter ones available from them, the factory.

I can hear the cackling from down the street.  

O.k. Yes, it would be hard to police, which is unfortunate.  However, let’s look at this from a different perspective.  

Take two equally ranked A classified shooters.  Both are mentally and physically on top of their game.  Practice regularly, shoot the stages identically, etc. etc. etc.  One is shooting a stock production gun (CZ Shadow 2) with a factory trigger job, usually a 9 pound D/A trigger pull, the other is shooting a production gun (CZ Shadow 2) with a 5 pound D/A trigger pull and adjusted springs so that the recoil is dampened to the point that it’s still allowing the gun to cycle properly but felt recoil is significantly reduced.  Who has the advantage?  

So my point is that basically it boils down to who is sporting the best trigger job and allowable internal modifications.  If I’m not mistaken, IPSC (USPSA) before the split in the early days was really driven by the OPEN DIVISION.  The saying “if it wins on Sunday, it sells on Monday” is as true with the early IPSC as it was for NASCAR.  The PRODUCTION DIVISION arose after IDPA got started.  Bill Wilson (the undisputed King of Trigger mods) took his idea for a STOCK DIVISION in IPSC - no trigger jobs, etc and it was turned aside out of hand.  Him and Ken Hackathron and others then started IDPA and the rest is history.

I shoot both IPSC and IDPA.  If I’m going to be truthful, I think IDPA is WAY harder than IPSC.  The stages are more complex, shooting the stage is more complex and the targets are more difficult because you don’t have those overly generous elongated A zones that work with the muzzle flip allowing you to shoot the targets must faster than you’re probably capable of shooting without incurring C and D hits or even Mikes.

Policing it would be as simple as testing the trigger during the chrono stage.  Obviously chronoing ammunition is a big deal because heaven forbid someone is shooting a Qualifier with a sub 125PF making their handgun the equivalent of a .22.  I know because I test loaded to 120PF once just see if there was a difference and there most certainly is. Of course the gun barely cycles, but still, it does what it’s supposed to and that is shoot lead down range.

Not that long ago I almost beat the club’s top IPSC shooter with his CZ TSO and pricy trigger job during a head to head Steel Match.  I didn’t win because I had a major brain fart and didn’t load to capacity and had to reload to shoot the stopper.  He got me on the reload.  

My opinion on trigger jobs and modifications to Production handguns remains unchanged..  😋

14 hours ago, slavex said:

CZ sends the 2 out with multiple springs, but, like the Shadow, they are sending them out with springs that will fire the worst of the worst duty ammo. Swapping the springs out for lighter ones is absolutely in keeping with the intent of Production division as almost all the manufacturers had lighter ones available from them, the factory.

I’ve shot the worst of the worst CCI Blazer Brass 124gn, Barnaul 115gn, and even some of my own questionable underpowered hand loads and the Shadow 2 eats up everything.  I’m still running the exact same spring the gun shipped with.

PS.  See you in Kamloops!

There are NO A shooters shooting a stock production gun, none, zero!  A completely stock gun is for one who doesn't care how they finish or use their stock gun as an excuse for how they finish. Also guns come from the factory hindered by fear of legal action from people who should never have been handling the gun to begin with. I shoot USPSA and IDPA and they are  games. I say give yourself every advantage.

Edited by Jeff O

1 hour ago, Jeff O said:

There are NO A shooters shooting a stock production gun, none, zero!  I completely stock gun is for one who doesn't care how they finish or use their stock gun as a reason for how they finish. Also guns come from the factory hindered by fear of legal action from people who should never have been handling the gun to begin with. I shoot USPSA and IDPA and they are  games. I say give yourself every advantage.

I can maaaybe believe that for Master, but A is casting a pretty big net.

Practice will make more perfect, no matter what you do or don't do to your gun. Can we get back on topic?

4 hours ago, MsDV8 said:

My opinion on trigger jobs and modifications to Production handguns remains unchanged..  😋

Why not to extend the same line of thought to Shadows as guns in general? I mean, they are purpose built game guns with no real  practical use other than competition, between weight, manual decocking, type of sights used etc. What's a principle difference between a purpose build competition gun and a purpose built tuned competition gun?  How would we address various degrees of modification done at the factory  before guns reach consumers like Tanfo Extreme line vs regular Tanfos?

I started my competition experience in IDPA and USPSA shooting a pistol that was not competitive with anything that people use in the sport, trigger jobs or not. It didn't add anything to my experience with the sports, just added an insult to the injury imposed by my skills, or lack thereof :)

Edited by YVK

The last time a stock gun won anything in IPSC Production was when Bob Vogel took on the CZ Factory and won Production Division with a stock Glock 17.  Well he did change the sights.  For the CZ wannabees , no he did not do any internal work on the gun.  I am told the gun was went over with a fine tooth comb after he won., not that CZ would have ensured such an inspection took place!  Talent wins, period.  

My experience falls from IDPA mostly.  It has been my observation that most folks would be better off spending their hard earned money on practice ammo and quality instruction then the latest and greatest spring set up or sears from various other models of essentially the same gun.  But alas Alpha males are not so inclined....btw I hear the new steel PPQ is on it's way to Canada.  Nothing like time and the absence of $2,000 Cdn to keep me away from becoming a Master.  Well anything is possible....right Rob?

Take Care

Bob

13 hours ago, MoRivera said:

I can miss any target with any gun, any trigger, and any load.  Go 'head....dare me.

😂 Finally, someone with a sense of humour around this place!  What about at any distance?  Figure you’re good enough to miss at the one yard line?

11 hours ago, robertbank said:

The last time a stock gun won anything in IPSC Production was when Bob Vogel took on the CZ Factory and won Production Division with a stock Glock 17.  Well he did change the sights.  For the CZ wannabees , no he did not do any internal work on the gun.  I am told the gun was went over with a fine tooth comb after he won., not that CZ would have ensured such an inspection took place!  Talent wins, period.  

My experience falls from IDPA mostly.  It has been my observation that most folks would be better off spending their hard earned money on practice ammo and quality instruction then the latest and greatest spring set up or sears from various other models of essentially the same gun.  But alas Alpha males are not so inclined....btw I hear the new steel PPQ is on it's way to Canada.  Nothing like time and the absence of $2,000 Cdn to keep me away from becoming a Master.  Well anything is possible....right Rob?

Take Care

Bob

I reviewed the 2017 IPSC BC Provincials and Hwansik Kim, a fairly new shooter at the time, came out of nowhere and literally annihilated the competition. He won overall by over 100 points and his next closest competitor in his Division shooting Production, was 30% away.  Of course he shoots a Walther PPQ Match which is  a striker fired pistol with a light trigger pull.  But THERE is some talent for you.  

Hey... you remind me of my IDPA tutour.  He’s always coming up with these awesome fun facts and I can honestly say he helping me evolve into a thinking shooter under his excellent tutelage and consequently,  a better shooter.  I think so anyways.  Except when I have a brain fart and fail to load to division capacity.  

Alpha males,....🤣🤣🤣   Don’t get me started.

Edited by MsDV8