Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwells for PCC?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avoid the Techwell for the GMR-15. I bought one and it doesn't provide a smooth transition into the GMR's magwell. Even the pictures on the website don't show it smoothly transitioning and they don't show an inside image as well like the pics above (https://techwearusa.com/techwell/magwells/pcc-techwell-jp-gmr-15.html). You can almost see the gap/ledge on the 3rd image, and your mag will get hung up on these gaps when inserting. .

I'm using the Taccom magwell, and for the price and function its great. 

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, Tubadude said:

Does anyone know of one for a Gen 4 PSA Glock lower?  I’m having one hell of a time finding one. 

Check with Bmiller.  I have one if his NFA models and just got gen 1 PSA printed and a gen 2 PSA aluminum. They work great

Taylor Freelance magwell is by far my favorite magwell for my GMR-15. I did some bare magwell / TF magwell testing and you can basically just throw the mag up in almost any reasonable direction and the TF funnels the mag in for you. The TF is very, very well designed and I'm definitely using this on all my GMR-15's moving forward. 

• 2 weeks later...
Taylor Freelance magwell is by far my favorite magwell for my GMR-15. I did some bare magwell / TF magwell testing and you can basically just throw the mag up in almost any reasonable direction and the TF funnels the mag in for you. The TF is very, very well designed and I'm definitely using this on all my GMR-15's moving forward. 

Definitely best option for GMR-15!
4996d761fc99deedd94a886a5ccc1381.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a PCC built on an older Colt lower, the kind that has a magazine block insert and uses Colt SMG magazines. The gun works fine but reloads are not very quick.  Is there any sort of  magwell that would work with this lower or is getting a new lower the only way to improve the speed of reloads?  

Edited by Bowman
4 hours ago, Bowman said:

I have a PCC built on an older Colt lower, the kind that has a magazine block insert and uses Colt SMG magazines. The gun works fine but reloads are not very quick.  Is there any sort of  magwell that would work with this lower or is getting a new lower the only way to improve the speed of reloads?  

I have a Colt complete gun. I put an Armaspec Rhino R-23 magwell on mine. It is meant for an ar15 but it does help quite a bit with reloads. But nothing is really fast with Colt mags and lowers. That's partly why I just bought a JP.

2 hours ago, egd5 said:

I have a Colt complete gun. I put an Armaspec Rhino R-23 magwell on mine. It is meant for an ar15 but it does help quite a bit with reloads. But nothing is really fast with Colt mags and lowers. That's partly why I just bought a JP.

Thanks egd5!  I'll give the Armaspec magwell a try.

• 1 year later...