Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwells for PCC?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an aluminum magwell from Bmiller (Member on this forum) and my daughter has the Taccom.  Here are my thoughts:

Aluminum magwell is secured with four screws that lock in the magwell.  The aluminum is very sturdy and secures to the gun very nicely.  The Taccom magwell is very light.  It's pressure fit to the magwell.  To me, It's a little loose but my daughter doesn't slam in the mag like i do during reloads.  For her, the weight is perfect and it serves it purpose. 

Had been looking at options and contacted Brian (bmiller) on Friday to ask what he had for a mil-spec with a Hahn mag block.   He got back to be right away noting he could print on up.   Sent payment and had it on Monday!   Wow!   What a nice fit and it provides the perfect coverage on the Hahn mag block.  Also his service and turn-around is second to none!  For anyone needing a magwell for this setup or any other model he supports give him a shout.  You will not be disappointed. 

Edited by LtdShooter
1 hour ago, LtdShooter said:

Just got a magwell in for a mil-spec receiver with a Hahn mag block.   Wow!   What a nice fit and it provides the perfect coverage Hahn mag block.  For anyone needing a magwell for this setup definitely give Brian a shout.

Yup.  Brian (bmiller) does good work. This month is my 1 year anniversary with Brian's magwell on my match PCC.   Has never failed me and still holding on strong.

On 1/27/2018 at 3:30 PM, dlightning said:

What is the weight of the BMiller?  Can someone post a pic of it.  Thanks

I didn’t get a chance to weigh them today, but my cad program says the aluminum QC 10 magwell weighs 3.93 ounces without the setscrews.  I would bet this is pretty close.  Carbon fiber is probably an ounce.

Have you ever considered making a weld-on magwell for the NFA lowers like EGW and Stan Chen do for 1911s? I was thinking it could be thinner and shallower, and after TIG welding or brazing into place the inside of the well and factory mag opening could be blended into a wider funnel that looks good and saves weight while protruding a bit less. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk