Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Steve Moneypenny

Plate rack times

Wow all I can say is I need to speed up. Thanks for sharing

This is an absolutely horrible draw, but that's a fair representation of how I was shooting today and at least someone was there to film.  My last outing was SO much better, but the curse of the camera is strong with me.https://youtu.be/QRF5Ywk-DW0

Thanks!  I'm getting much better at my pick up shots too, which is great.  Seems like 2.5 seconds is a really good goal for me within 10 yards.

Now I want to figure out a good par time for a 1-6-2-5-3-4 order.  Any of you guys have any ideas on that?  I'm thinking sub 3 would be pretty good, but don't know yet.

1 hour ago, Pistolpete9 said:

Now I want to figure out a good par time for a 1-6-2-5-3-4 order.  Any of you guys have any ideas on that? 

I've barely touched a pistol in the past year since I picked up a PCC, but I'm happy when my 1-6-2-5-3-4 order is less than a second slower than just hosing the plate rack.  

GM standards are probably less than 2.5 consistently. I have seen people do it under 2 sec. It sounds crazy fast for less than 2 sec.

I did it earlier this year. Fastest run was a 2.27 I’m an M in limited. I think anything around 2.5 is a great run.

1.68 with Benelli M2 at 10yds from low ready. A friend with a faster trigger finger than mine ran a 1.57 from Port arms.

2.80 with my carry optics gun. I really need to work on my draw, I average about a 1.3-1.4, lots of room for improvement there.