Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plate rack times

Steve Moneypenny

I notice some are shooting 5 plates and some are shooting 6 plates.

Anyways, what would also be good is to shoot a bill drill at the same distance, and compare your time to shooting 6 plates at the same distance. The goal would be to get as close to your bill drill time as possible.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was running around 2.2 on 8 inch plate. I haven't shot in three months till last week and I couldent get bellow 3.8. If you don't use it, you loose it.

Correction it was a 2.8. It would not allow me to edit.

• 1 month later...

I was running around 2.2 on 8 inch plate. I haven't shot in three months till last week and I couldent get bellow 3.8. If you don't use it, you loose it.

Correction it was a 2.8. It would not allow me to edit.

3.5 was my best a couple of years ago, have not timed since then. WIll now. Class C shooter still

When I was shooting a 5-plate, 8" rack at 10 yards every Friday, I believe my best from surrender was 3.03.

Some 3+ months since the last time I tried it, I took 3 runs at a 6-plate 8" rack at 10-12 yards (with notably longer transitions between plates) for giggles, and pulled a 3.24 with a 6-to-2 pickup. Go figure.

I also learned what I'd been doing wrong for so long-- i.e. the 6-to-2 pickup! :roflol:

• 2 years later...

Thread resurrection incoming...

Just wanted to post a personal best from hands at side draw with 9mm Major STI Trubor.

Time @ 15 yards: 2.78 seconds

I am hoping to make some people pretty happy by posting my best time from surrender at 8yd six plates 4.35

That is around a 1.6 draw, and .55 to .60 splits. I don't know the breakdown exactly.

I have found that I get faster overall times with slightly slower draws. If I speed up to 1.2 or 1.3, I start missing, or my splits on second and third shots are much worse. Like 0,88 or even over 1.00

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Im not much into plates. I mean I dont practice seriously or with any regularity. Last week I made 4.15s on 6 8" plates from 20y. 4.80s on 8 8" plates from same distance from draw. Sti open 38s maj load. I think it was not a fluke as I repeatedly made about the same times though these were my fastest. It was totally unexpected and in my standard its pretty fast. But i dont know about the real world standards as I dont have anybody to compare with in my neck of woods. I intend to improve on it to less tha 4 sec i believe is doable. Im A class at best.

The diificult thing for me was conquering my fear of missing or failure. I really did my best to shoot beyond my comfortable speed. And it surprised me that I could hit at that distance at that speed at that type of target. It openned some great possibilities in my mind.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...