Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plate rack times

Steve Moneypenny

Adding my time. Single stack .45 hands relaxed 3 from one side of barricade, reload 3 from the other side at 12 yards. 1.7 draw clean in 6.49.....the draw time sucks and the splits are right around .5, those need some work as well.

3gunr

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

I've been doing a lot of .22 practice lately using my Ruger 22/45. Last night I had a personal best time on the plate rack at 10 yards from low draw.

My time was 1.85.

1: .61

2: .25

3: .25

4: .25

5: .25

6: .24

I had a few other runs under 2 seconds but usually left one plate standing. I'll try again this weekend.

one of my best runs on a not so typical plate rack.. This is from the Big Dawg Steel match in Lowell, IA.

thats pretty solid.

personally i am missing not being able to practice shooting plate racks, its probably one of the funnest things to do

Edited by Field

Don't let Max fool ya. He cut his teeth shooting plates.

we shoot plates here in southern miss at our indoor range every friday night. we have some guys that run 2.7 with open rigs from surrender @ 10 yards 5 plates. we have the same plate set up max cut his teeth Tom dutchman bought the sey up from the old St. Benard range I think. The best I have been able to do was tonight 3.0 flat from the low ready glock 34 @ 10 yards

Mat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

the best I have ever done is 2.74 on 6 6" plates at 11 yards. I think plate racks are one of the best speed/accuracy targets out there to practice with. Easy to set up and you can do a whole lot of shooting versus setting up various drills. When I had access to a local outdoor range 5 mile from my job I would shoot plates and some drills every day of the week at lunch. Man I miss that range...

I shot a plate rack, kind of home-made plates, not exactly a rack, but still 6 steel plates in a line. my best time was with my kimber 45 drawn from a U.M. kydex holster. using 230 grn lead at about a 168-9 PF. (idpa) the time was 3.34 with one made up miss. the best time of the day was 3.16 clean.

i am wondering how others fair on the same COF. 8" blates by the way. and some were a little smaller. just wondering what the standards are.

What color and type of shoes? :devil:

• 2 months later...

We have some gnarly Steel stages where i shoot. I started setting them when i was about 15 or 16 cause i was horrible at steel. we had a stage about 2years ago that was 30 pieces with 2 mand reloads and i shot them in 24.87. Not sure if that is good compared to most. but i will let you know what my time is when i goto the range on saturday. you say 6 plates at 10-12 yards yes?

• 4 weeks later...

I have been doing a lot of .22 plate rack training at 22-26 yards. The plates are 4 inches.

Draws are <1.8 seconds and transitions are in the .5-.8 range.

I move to 15 yards for weak and strong hand drills.

I ran Bianchi rules at 25 yards with a 8 inch plates but rarely ran it clean i.e., without a miss.

Here is my plate rack times on video..

I am shooting limited. They don't seem to be very quick, but, I did end up getting second place on this stage.

The stage set up is plate rack support strong hand, supported weak hand, unsupported strong hand, and finally unsupported weak hand. Then, we had 2 paper and 2 steel for extra rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to break 2.50 on video (that was futile), but I managed some pretty decent runs.

I put in a lot of crappy runs here also for entertainment purposes. Kinda looks sucky on those, but if your gonna beat your best you gotta hang it all out. And, usually crash some. :roflol:

Turn the camera off, and times go down like .15 :ph34r:

I tried to break 2.50 on video (that was futile), but I managed some pretty decent runs.

I put in a lot of crappy runs here also for entertainment purposes. Kinda looks sucky on those, but if your gonna beat your best you gotta hang it all out. And, usually crash some. :roflol:

That was cool, thanks for posting that :cheers:

Good runs. I host a plate match every Friday night at my indoor range. Will post some video soon. My best from the ready and still range record is 2.16

We shoot 5 8 inch plates man on at ten yards from the surrender position. Using a pact timer and laser timing system. The best I have done out the holster was a 2.59 and lost the run to a guy shooting 2.27. We have some amazing shooters down here in south ms. Max jr run the plates here in 1.77

Mat

I bet you could get half a second just from working the draw a little bit. You shoot pretty quick once you get going. Thanks for sharing!

Here is my plate rack times on video..

I am shooting limited. They don't seem to be very quick, but, I did end up getting second place on this stage.

The stage set up is plate rack support strong hand, supported weak hand, unsupported strong hand, and finally unsupported weak hand. Then, we had 2 paper and 2 steel for extra rounds.

I realized I hadn't posted a link..

http://www.youtube.com/user/tmcmanis21#p/u/13/e1sCqzBuj50

Sorry

• 5 weeks later...