Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Optics

Rich406

I'm not in a hurry either. I'm not talking about rushed decisions but communications. If board chooses to stir a pot with major changes, not just LO, the board is accountable for keeping membership informed where in the decision making process they are.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, YVK said:

Then they just need to say so. Small memo will do. The meeting has completed two weeks ago. The decision may not be made for days, weeks, or longer and that it is fine. The minutes of the meeting are available the next day and there is no reason why they can't be posted for two weeks. Whoever is responsible for them not being released that long is either unfit for their position or needs to speak up why they are holding it back. 

I agree with moto, but there’s no reason why this shouldn’t have already happened also……

4 minutes ago, YVK said:

I'm not in a hurry either. I'm not talking about rushed decisions but communications. If board chooses to stir a pot with major changes, not just LO, the board is accountable for keeping membership informed where in the decision making process they are.

+1

Yeah, it's not like they need to publish a complete set of rules, but 2 weeks to even get meeting minutes out?  

Somebody is supposed to be taking them right then and there.  Clarify/edit, pass by the BOD for final checkoff and post.  Few days tops.

1 hour ago, YVK said:

sounds like you are in a hurry to get some communications. I agree now would be a good time for some communications, but I also realize everyone involved except yee-min has a real job and/or a real life and is doing this as a volunteer, so if it takes an extra week or two to put something together, I won't die.

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

sounds like you are in a hurry to get some communications. I agree now would be a good time for some communications, but I also realize everyone involved except yee-min has a real job and/or a real life and is doing this as a volunteer, so if it takes an extra week or two to put something together, I won't die.

no one forced them into the job….

using “volunteer” status to justify lazy performance is baloney…

if you can’t do the job right, don’t volunteer, simple as that..

Edited by Rich406

2 hours ago, Rich406 said:

no one forced them into the job….

using “volunteer” status to justify lazy performance is baloney…

if you can’t do the job right, don’t volunteer, simple as that..

I know for at least one AD position there were no other volunteers

A little bit off topic. 

When Dave Thomas retired I was somewhat interested in the position. I spoke at length(!) to him and a long time BoD member about the position and the overall organizational climate. 

Then, and now, I really wonder how this tiny non-profit can have so much weird drama.

Get your minutes out in a timely fashion. 

Have enough porta potties at your flagship event. 

Manage the money FFS. A deficit? Seriously?

Don't use the org credit card for personal stuff. 

I could go on and on but it's disgusting. It's a great sport but a crummy .org. 

Watching this thread and talking with my shooting buddies I think best move is just make limited optics  this .....  Take current limited rules  add  "slide mounted optic allowed"   done deal    you want to shoot major with slide mounted optic that may or may not break its on you.    Just our opinion on it   Be interesting how it all washes out in the end 

Edited by Sinister4

20 hours ago, motosapiens said:

There's at least two or three full-time USPSA staffers present at other board meetings.

The ORG is a S-show and we all know it.

We love shooting an organized competition with published rules that are the same across the country. Some of us enjoy comparing ourselves to the best at a nation or area event. It's pretty simple.

But when those elected to run all this lose sight of what the place was built to do and instead show their lack of ability to do the job. 

Now it appears the chickens are staring to come home to roost. It's sad but I doubt anything will change.  

12 minutes ago, warpspeed said:

The ORG is a S-show and we all know it.

We love shooting an organized competition with published rules that are the same across the country. Some of us enjoy comparing ourselves to the best at a nation or area event. It's pretty simple.

But when those elected to run all this lose sight of what the place was built to do and instead show their lack of ability to do the job. 

Now it appears the chickens are staring to come home to roost. It's sad but I doubt anything will change.  

Build Back Better!  LOL!

Nolan

It all started when USPSA began treating itself like a business instead of an organization. The focus seemed to shift from the core principles of improving skills and competition, to the accumulation of money.

There are two types of member, the competitor and the participant. There are few true competitors, the ones that train, study the dynamics of the sport, attend Area and National matches number perhaps 10% of the total. The revenue they generate is trivial compared to the remainder.

This is why the rules were constantly being changed, to pander to the majority (and vendors) and thereby increase revenue. As the money flowed in, so it began to flow out to those who controlled the purse strings. We saw salaries rise to absurd levels and new positions were created with scant regard to the value that they bought to the organization.

The magazine, a perennial net-gain in financial terms has become a net-loss for the organization as funds seem to be shifted around (I suspect to hide the true cost of Nationals). 

It was beyond fixing 2-3 years ago; Time has not improved the situation.

Looking at the last 10-15 posts in this thread, I forget what the ORIGINAL topic was...

If you want to discuss the politics and policies of USPSA, start a new thread so we can lock it...otherwise, get back on topic for this thread....or this one gets locked.

20 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Was a 155mm mag discussed ? 
anybody know. 
no rumor, just asking 

I think that would be a tough move, now we'd be talking all matches needing new gauges too. It'd be simpler to just stay with 140 or 170. My guess would be this wasn't discussed.