Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know where to find primers?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Put yourself on every “notify me” list from these vendors… trust me it works… I just received confirmation from Brownell’s and my order was shipped today.. only other suck part are limitations of 1 or 2 only!!!  As stated above the days of “cheap” are probably over! I would start trying to stock up again…… Sucks big time to pay these prices….. what’s the alternative?  Not having any at all? 

5 hours ago, Leezway said:

Put yourself on every “notify me” list from these vendors… trust me it works… I just received confirmation from Brownell’s and my order was shipped today.. only other suck part are limitations of 1 or 2 only!!!  As stated above the days of “cheap” are probably over! I would start trying to stock up again…… Sucks big time to pay these prices….. what’s the alternative?  Not having any at all? 

I’ve done that, and have never heard Boo from anyone. Sigh. 

41 minutes ago, OPENB said:

I’ve done that, and have never heard Boo from anyone. Sigh. 

The Other options I have found were on other forums that have sticky threads “where to find components” and people attach links daily when components are available, definitely have to move quick, not saying it’s easy…. But it’s doable…

9 hours ago, crmcdm said:

Go to https://www.shootingbot.com/  and sign up for the automatic email alerts. I get notices for Brownells, Midway, Natchez, and some others I can't remember.  When it comes in you click on the link and it drops you right in on the product. It works. 

They should offer a paid version that notifies you 5 minutes before everyone else…

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

They should offer a paid version that notifies you 5 minutes before everyone else…

Where are you located? If you are willing to pay to know about > $100 + hazmat primers 5 minutes early, if you're close enough, I'll sell you all you want at $100/K (except for small rifle and shotgun).

3 hours ago, Terp said:

Where are you located? If you are willing to pay to know about > $100 + hazmat primers 5 minutes early, if you're close enough, I'll sell you all you want at $100/K (except for small rifle and shotgun).

Lol, we’ll I’m hoping they won’t always be that much. I wouldn’t mind a 5 minute head start when they drop into the low $70s. 

Maybe that’s how the paid app will work, top cost tier gets instant notifications, then each paid tier below that gets notified 10 minutes later, until they are sold out, then everyone else gets notified just so they know what they missed out on because they didn’t pay for the app…

But, for the record I hope they don’t take my advice. But, then again, you gotta wonder if the developer gives himself a few minutes before notifying everyone else…

26 minutes ago, Cuz said:

But, for the record I hope they don’t take my advice. But, then again, you gotta wonder if the developer gives himself a few minutes before notifying everyone else…

There's no built in delay.  I send them out as fast as the server can process the list.  But for primers, that's a big list, so there is about 30+ seconds between first and last.  Order is based on user-activity.  People actively using site are "ranked" higher than someone that setup alerts and hasn't been back since then.

Email, Text, and Telegram delivery options are run in separate/simultaneous forks.  Telegram option will almost always get delivered fastest.  Mainly because shorter queue as fewer people use that option, and the Telegram API can handle pretty quick hits.  Just thought I'd chime in!  -shootingbot  

8 minutes ago, paranoidtruth said:

There's no built in delay.  I send them out as fast as the server can process the list.  But for primers, that's a big list, so there is about 30+ seconds between first and last.  Order is based on user-activity.  People actively using site are "ranked" higher than someone that setup alerts and hasn't been back since then.

Email, Text, and Telegram delivery options are run in separate/simultaneous forks.  Telegram option will almost always get delivered fastest.  Mainly because shorter queue as fewer people use that option, and the Telegram API can handle pretty quick hits.  Just thought I'd chime in!  -shootingbot  

But… what about postal mail notification for all those old timers out there??

In all seriousness, thank you very much, I definitely appreciate the ShootingBot and have been quick enough to benefit from it on more than one occasion.  Keep up the great work.

-Cuz

4 hours ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

Any reports on the Ginex brand?  I've never used them.

They shoot well but they are soft.  I have a bunch of them and they cause problems in my Revolution reloaders. I see no reason they wouldn't work fine in a Dillon.

We use Unis primers commercially (SPP, LPP, SRP, and LRP) for our new ammo and have always had great experiences with them.  They can be hotter than some other primers so adjust accordingly and test/verify.  

We buy them in batches of 250-350k at a time and the QC has been superb as has their lot to lot consistencies (they are an ISO company so it should be).  This is verifiable by both our in house and the 3rd party testing/analysis company we use.  

A note on them is their cup diameter is on the large side and can be tight.  They prime in new brass very well and are a great choice if your looking for rounds higher on the column.  We frequently get single digit SD’s with them in our random pulled test batches using their SRP’s and SPP after we retool, tune, and confirm.  

Now I will say if loading anything CNC’d like the primer pockets on the NAS3 9mm, 380, or even their 300 AAC cases the primers are tight.   These pockets are cnc’d to min tolerances and primers resting on the high side of the SAAMI tolerances are not as easily seated.   

On 6/7/2022 at 1:11 PM, Tampa-XD45 said:

Any reports on the Ginex brand?  I've never used them.

I have loaded  many rounds with them  --zero issues at all

I  understand some  companie s  use them as well

• 2 weeks later...

Posting Date and Time: Friday, 06/24/22  Time: 2:00 pm CST

Natchez Shooting Supply just ADDED EIGHT different CCI primers types into their inventory including SPP, SRP, SPMP, SRMP, LRP…….and others

And I know you can buy up to 5000 of each type (SKU) and you might be able to buy more than 5000 of each type (I did not try to order more than 5000 of one type).  I just purchased 5000 - SPP’s and also SRP’s on the same order……

They also just added inventory of Federal SPP, SPP-Gold, SRP, LPP, and LPMP…. 

Here is the link for the CCI Inventory on their site….

https://www.natchezss.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=Cci+primers

Edited by Sigarmsp226
Added info

• 3 weeks later...