Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

30 minutes ago, johnmyster said:

Five of the six bags of bullets inside were torn or pierced.  By weight, I think I was only down 50 bullets.  I contacted DG with photos.  They replied with a photo of a bunch of perfect looking boxes leaving their warehouse.  No offer for replacement, credit, or future discount.  "Not our fault."  

Same experience with DG, several posts above. The box wasn't even wet. And yes all but 1 plastic bag were torn. A couple hundred bullets escaped.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, risingsun said:

Same experience with DG, several posts above. The box wasn't even wet. And yes all but 1 plastic bag were torn. A couple hundred bullets escaped.

I see the same with ACME - bags are always split.  They ship in those wooden boxes with bags inside.  So at least they are contained, but still it's annoying dealing with split open bags.

12 hours ago, 78Staff said:

Got my order from Graf's - took about two weeks, maybe a bit less.  They were ACME 148's that were in stock.  Still waiting on Blue Bullet order from... July I think? 

Just got update on Blue Bullet order from July... was originally 4-5 weeks, then pushed out to 8-10 weeks (Sept 20th shipping) and now pushed out mid/late October :(.  Good thing I picked up those 148's from Grafs...

41 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

I don’t get why bullet manufacturers are so far behind, when primers have been non existent for 5+ months now.......

No kidding, what's up with that?  I can see the jacketed and copper coated companies giving priority to ammo manufacturers, but the coated bullet companies don't have those contracts.

No kidding, what's up with that?  I can see the jacketed and copper coated companies giving priority to ammo manufacturers, but the coated bullet companies don't have those contracts.

I’m sure it’s a conspiracy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Cuz said:

Has anyone gotten anything from Bayou recently? Just wondering how far behind they are currently.
Thanks.

I ordered some 160gr RN .357 bullets from them on August 11th. Nothing yet. 

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

Maybe people are buying what's available to buy right now.

3 hours ago, Rich406 said:

I don’t get why bullet manufacturers are so far behind, when primers have been non existent for 5+ months now.......

Not all coated bullet manufacturers are behind. I shipped all of yesterday’s orders this afternoon. 

I don't know how many people are like me, but I tend to have a lot more primers/powder in storage than bullets at any given time.  Once the powder and primers started being hard to find, I'm sure people just started to buy projectiles to match their primer/powder stores.  

5 minutes ago, cslafrain said:

Not all coated bullet manufacturers are behind. I shipped all of yesterday’s orders this afternoon. 

I just placed my order. Please send me those "A" bullets, not those "mike" bullets those other guys sell :)

2 hours ago, cslafrain said:

Fair enough..

I might have to give you a try. Every manufacturer I normally deal with is a minimum 8 week wait....

2 hours ago, cslafrain said:

40 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

Fair enough..

I might have to give you a try. Every manufacturer I normally deal with is a minimum 8 week wait....

My order arrived today; order was placed and shipped last week.  

2 hours ago, Rich406 said:

Fair enough..

I’ve run Bayou, Acme, Blues, Precisions, and probably five other companies I’m forgetting.

Black Bullets are one of the more accurate / better quality options and Chandler is always easy to get ahold of when needed. Heck, how many of the others have an owner like @cslafrain  ...who regularly posts on Enos? ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Not sure what I missed, but can you please post or message me a link do I can check out your bullets?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, cslafrain said:

Got my UPS case within a week, my USPS case took 3 weeks of sitting at the post office but was shipped out right after I ordered.

Edited by Intheshaw1

Got my UPS case within a week, my USPS case took 3 weeks of sitting at the post office but was shipped out right after I ordered.

Thanks, I took the websites advice and went with a UPS case.

My Xtreme order 9/15 arrived today 9/30.  Mailed in time to have arrived 9/25 but the PO dawdled.  At least they were better packed and all there.  Individual boxes were signed, I assume by the packager.

Bayou order still hanging fire.  Ordered when stated backlog was 5-6 weeks but 6 weeks is today and they are now saying 8-12 weeks.

I'd like to give BBI some business, but they don't make the styles I need.