People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 6:21 AM, vegaspete61 said:

Current lead time is 24 weeks. I ordered mine on October 14th. 

On 12/19/2021 at 5:11 PM, TK66 said:

I ordered mine in June.  It shipped last Thursday.

Thank you both!  Based on that, hopefully have it in my hand for the third or 4th outdoor match of the year!

Got word just before Christmas that the base of my build was close to being together and complete, ready to serialize and send to coating.

admcd,  I hope you get it in time!  I got to put the first 150 rounds through mine last weekend.  I think its gonna be a great gun!  I didn't have any malfunctions and it was quickly sighted in.  I'm really liking it so far.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:09 AM, TK66 said:

admcd,  I hope you get it in time!  I got to put the first 150 rounds through mine last weekend.  I think its gonna be a great gun!  I didn't have any malfunctions and it was quickly sighted in.  I'm really liking it so far.

I've shot my friend's a bunch and really enjoyed it.  I'm really excited about being able to finally order one.

Hoping I have it in hand before some of the bigger matches in my part of the country.

I think this is the route I’ve decided to go when I make the move to open. I like the fact I can drop the 40 barrel in and have the same ergos as my open gun.  Might change once the chaos 2.0 is out and about but I’m pretty much just waiting for a mid summer 2 barrels free sale to order. 

The 9mm major barrel doesn't hold a group as well as my other open gun, but it's the difference of like 1/3rd of an inch at 15 yards.  The supercomp barrel is just as accurate as my friend's Akai with the same ammo.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone received a Honcho ordered since mid August?     I ordered mine then, paid the full amount in Sept when it was [going to finishing].    At that time, it was expected to be 10-15 days before shipping.  Haven't heard much from PT on where things are.

Just trying of figure out where I am in the queue.   

Thanks!

5 hours ago, sti2861 said:

Anyone received a Honcho ordered since mid August?     I ordered mine then, paid the full amount in Sept when it was [going to finishing].    At that time, it was expected to be 10-15 days before shipping.  Haven't heard much from PT on where things are.

Just trying of figure out where I am in the queue.   

Thanks!

I thought the same thing but Bianca replied they are shipping in weeks 22 to 24. if thats the case you have until mid February.

• 1 month later...

I understand the allure of the honcho great product and invention but I just cant see the weight as reasonable.  I mean the wait is bad but wouldn't the weight be worse?

What does a Honcho open setup with SS grip weigh?

Edited by adrone

Just now, adrone said:

I understand the allure of the honcho but I just cant see the weight? I mean the wait is bad but wouldn't the weight be worse?

What does a Honcho open setup with SS grip weigh?

Mine was about 54oz. Why would weight be an issue? They shoot very nice 

3 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Mine was about 54oz. Why would weight be an issue? They shoot very nice 

If you get used to using different guns the weight is extremely important. I like around 43-47 oz guns. Tried shorties in the high 30's but they are too wild for me. 50+ oz guns feel sluggish on draws and transitions. If you dont believe me try a much lighter one and time yourself. I guess it depends what you do though. Im speaking with regard to USPSA use.

Edited by adrone

6 minutes ago, adrone said:

If you get used to using different guns the weight is extremely important. I like around 43-47 oz guns. Tried shorties in the high 30's but they are too wild for me. 50+ oz guns feel sluggish on draws and transitions. If you dont believe me try a much lighter one and time yourself. I guess it depends what you do though. Im speaking with regard to USPSA use.

Ok 

4 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Ok 

A 50+ oz shoots softer no doubt but its like carrying around a drilling hammer all day. I have a PT frame and slide on one of my current open guns now and we kept cutting on it over and over until the dust cover was short and took alot of steel out where we could to get it down to 45oz or so with a plastic grip. If we add the SS evo grip back too heavy again. For me anyway. Thats my preference. To each his own but a lighter gun handles quicker imo. That being said the steel quality on both the slide and frame PT makes is excellent quality. Better steel than others we have messed with.

Edited by adrone

1 minute ago, adrone said:

A 50+ oz shoots softer no doubt but its like carrying around a drilling hammer all day. I have a PT frame and slide on one of my current open guns now and we kept cutting on it over and over until the dust cover was short and took alot of steel out where we could to get it down to 45oz or so with a plastic grip. If we add the SS evo grip back too heavy again. For me anyway. Thats my preference. To each his own but a lighter gun handles quicker imo.

I’m 6 foot seven and 240 pounds. Weight has never been an issue for me. That tells you how much it does come down to preference.

Just now, Posvar said:

I’m 6 foot seven and 240 pounds. Weight has never been an issue for me. That tells you how much it does come down to preference.

Im not 6'7" but im 6' 215-220 and a tree guy all my life. Its not a strength issue. Its a lighter still moves faster issue. No matter how big you are......the stronger you are the more likely you will be able to handle and control  a lighter open gun better than someone who isnt.

6 minutes ago, adrone said:

Im not 6'7" but im 6' 215-220 and a tree guy all my life. Its not a strength issue. Its a lighter still moves faster issue. No matter how big you are......the stronger you are the more likely you will be able to handle and control  a lighter open gun better than someone who isnt.

I guess you are right in that its preference though. Try each and see. Years ago heavy was popular. Then shorties light was popular. Then back to mid full lengths. Now heavy is becoming more popular with Atlas and Honchos. Honcho seems like a dream by design. It would be great to get away from custom everything....I just wish they would make it lighter.

Edited by adrone

I’m always taking my guns off and my belt a lot of the time.  It hurts toward the end of the day.

I never weighted my revo and open gun but they are both heavy and I’m never above 151 in the summer at 5’7”.  Maybe the heavy gun helps with my lack of mass?  Compared to the giants above!

it might explain why I sucked at limited?

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered mine black friday. Was quoted the standard 24 weeks. Touched base two weeks ago and they said they just got some honchos back from coating that were ordered Sept-Oct. Unfortunately 50% of them had to be sent back for rework due to quality issues. It sounds like the biggest holdup is the coating process. I don't know whats going on, but if the coating company messed up half an order, they'd better address their QC or PT should find another vendor.

I’m currently at 30 weeks.

And I was just informed that mine may take another couple months, as my order is in the next batch waiting for coating. It’s been “at the coater” since late Oct last year.

They said they’re now working with 3 different coating companies, and that  guns having to be stripped and recoated is one of the biggest causes for their delay issues.