Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

53 minutes ago, engineerjet said:

Update to my situation. They agreed that a refund was the best course of action. Their modularity is what really drew me to them, but I have a limited gun already so its not a huge loss.

That sucks, but could have been worse   At least they didn’t fight you on it..   what s#!tty customer service 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, engineerjet said:

They said their coater that they use is the best in the industry. Come to find out from other sources that that coater actually is known for having problems and overall quality issues.

Yes, and they obviously do not use the same coater that SV uses. 

Also, "best in industry" = cheapest maybe??

6 hours ago, cbrussell said:

I wonder out loud why they seem to have so much trouble with coatings while other builders do not. I still vote for Hard Chrome, however I don’t know what that fors for the tolerances.

It adds for sure. Things have to be refitted usually. 

15 minutes ago, Posvar said:

It really did pain me to cancel my order. (I wonder if they will repurpose my parts and come guy will end up with a gun that was coated 4 times). I loved the modularity of the platform to switch between limited and open. Maybe if they ever square away the coating issue I may order one again some day.

I understand their perspective, the coater f-ed up and they are trying to salvage the situation without having to make a new gun. Unfortunately, I did not have high confidence about the structure of the steel that has been stripped and coated 4 times. I hear good things about their customer service which is why I was surprised that I did not feel made any real attempt to go above and beyond, given the circumstances. It was basically, "Take this (without the leave it)". In all fairness they did offer a two-tone option so that the effected parts would still be black with the remaining parts be silver, but that was a no go.

2 hours ago, Posvar said:

Best point yet; Infinity doesn’t have the same problems and neither do smaller custom shops. Why not? Why don’t they change vendors?

4 minutes ago, cbrussell said:

Best point yet; Infinity doesn’t have the same problems and neither do smaller custom shops. Why not? Why don’t they change vendors?

exactly.  The finish on my SV is superior to the Honcho that I briefly owned. 

Seems that the real builders have a sense of pride and quality, not just pumping out guns as fast as they can. So they will not skimp on anything and the price reflects. Which is what people pay for. For the same amount I originally paid for my honcho, I can have an open gun built by some of these artists. Which is the route I am going.

8 hours ago, engineerjet said:

They said their coater that they use is the best in the industry. Come to find out from other sources that that coater actually is known for having problems and overall quality issues.

Who is their coater?

On 9/28/2022 at 11:14 AM, engineerjet said:

Seems that the real builders have a sense of pride and quality, not just pumping out guns as fast as they can. So they will not skimp on anything and the price reflects. Which is what people pay for. For the same amount I originally paid for my honcho, I can have an open gun built by some of these artists. Which is the route I am going.

For what the Honcho costs I had a traditional 2011 built with a 9 major open upper, limited major upper and A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want upper. Total time from D2 Customs starting to finish was less then 3 months. And that was when Dan wasn't building race guns full time. Now he is. 

On 10/4/2022 at 5:32 PM, Bakerjd said:

For what the Honcho costs I had a traditional 2011 built with a 9 major open upper, limited major upper and A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want upper. Total time from D2 Customs starting to finish was less then 3 months. And that was when Dan wasn't building race guns full time. Now he is. 

For what I paid for my PT order, I just put a deposit down with Venom. Amazing customer service so far. Answers every question and genuinely has fun explaining the process. Gives his opinion on what configurations and options he likes without pushing it on the customer. And every single part is discussed and chosen. Even went over some slide cut ideas. Definitely has a more custom feel. So far would highly recommend.

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2022 at 10:01 PM, HI5-O said:

I’m waiting for mine. Ordered in April 2022 and paid in full May 2022. Getting mine in all black DLC. 

9 months and Honcho is on the island. Picking it up next week. 

On 1/20/2023 at 5:23 AM, HI5-O said:

9 months and Honcho is on the island. Picking it up next week. 

Got it. The fit and finish is great. I have to go and shoot it. Looking forward to this shooting season with my new Honcho. 

• 2 weeks later...

So while the Honcho is an awesome platform, we or should I say "MOST" of us that have placed orders with Phonenix Trinity, have had issues with delays?  Correct?  Not sure why Tiffany from PT would truly deny this fact... smh!  Many manufactures these days are experiencing delays this isn't new.  From my understanding PT was having issues with coating?  I do believe the coating issue was resolved..  Not sure!  

But to deny facts, not just from one customer but many!  Well, no bueno for business. 

On 9/27/2022 at 2:47 PM, Zachjet said:

That sucks, but could have been worse   At least they didn’t fight you on it..   what s#!tty customer service 

It could've been worse! They could've denied his deposit, but they didn't.  So at least, some level of professionalism in customer service was accomplished.  In defense of PT that is~  

11-1/2 months and my Honcho landed at the FFL today. At the end of Dec Tiffany informed me the Slide had to go back to coating due to a scratch after coating, but PT was able to strip & recoat the gun, which took 5 weeks. Not going to lie, I figured it would be another 3-4 months, but thankfully it didn't. I wish the coating process didn't take as long, but I knew that was an issue when I ordered the gun. 

While I do not own a PT gun,  it seems from reading /following this complete thread that does not seem to be many complaints from those who take delivery. While finishing issues seem to be the major problem and to a layman seem easy to fix, I doubt that is the case. I would rather wait a little longer than have PT ship s sub standard finished product. From those that own them; how is their accuracy?

The accuracy is fine.

One of the reasons you don't hear many complaints is that they are the only ones that can work on the gun (lockblock) and they read these posts.

Edited by lroy