Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are all /most PRP triggers this good

jcc7x7

I bought an OSP from a fellow shooter last year for C/O.

He had it done over by PRP and the trigger is very nice.

AS nice or better than my 320 and x-5 with the Gray guns trigger kits in them. (I installed them)

Thinking of getting another OSP and getting a PRP kit and installing it myself, yes I'm capable! LOL!

Wondering are they generally this good, as honestly I'm starting to like the OSP more than the SIGS.

Mostly cause the grip is slightly longer and the trigger is slightly better on the OSP.

Your thoughts are appreciated! 

I like the PRP ultimate better than any other plastic gun trigger i have shot with the possible exception of a gray guns installed trigger in a 320 x5.  And i installed the PRP myself.  I kicked my self for not buying one sooner

If you know what you're doing and polish some of the common areas, along with installing a PRP kit, you're going to have a very good trigger on a XD/XDM. The one I shoot in Limited is just under 2.5lbs and very clean with a short reset, the one I shoot in IDPA is 3lbs on the nose with the same attributes. The lighter kit is the Extreme kit and the heavier kit is the Ultimate Match kit. I've installed them on 5 XDMs now, all the results are very similar, and it's a fairly easy kit to fit/install.

I love my prp extreme. I bought the gun from them and they built everything. The light trigger is great but its everything else before, after and during the break is what makes it different. I shot a drop in kit on my buddies xdm and its definately different. 

I’ve done over a dozen PRP kits in all my xd/XDm/xds as well as for a few friends. 

Polish and deburr all related parts. 

The drop in kits are great for carry or field guns and usually right in the low to mid 4 lb range. I compete with XDms, CC  XDm,xds or mod2 depending on weather and carry XDm 5.25 10mm while hunting. Having basically same trigger across all guns  The extreme and ultimate kits  are for the games. When you have to hand fit the striker safety lever reset bar is when you get the shortest reset over a drop in ready lever. My XDms for the games , 5.25 9mm (production), 5.25 40 (limited) , 4.5 9mm OSP (carry optics) are all around 2.5lbs. 

I have 4 XDMs and all have PRP kits that I installed myself. They are all right under 2.5 lbs. To answer your question, yes they are all that good when installed correctly and some other parts polished.

I installed the PRP in my OSP and it works great. My main optics gun is a CZ SP-01, and the XDm is my backup. As good as the PRP is, it wlil never be as good as the CZ. Plus the extra weight of the CZ keeps the dot in check.

Having said that I have full confidence in the XDm, I did buy a Glock 34 originally, modified it with an Apex trigger, but sold it since the XDm was so much better.

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed a dozen or so. Have tried both the oversized and the pre-fit. I like the pre-fit. Main place to polish is where they trigger guard contacts the frame. I have shot every SSP/Production gun I can think of and IMO this is as good as it gets.

• 4 weeks later...

I have never owned anything but 1911/2011's,, did like you and bought an OSP XDM to play with, trigger  has some quirks but I like it much better after the PRP,,, I have bad eyesight and never damage, and putting that kit in was a royal PIA,, especially sense only diirections I could find were stupid arse videos,,,, doesnt anyone write anymore ?  Any way polished nothing just put it in, so far so good.much improved over stock.  just ordered some shims for it and am gonna tackle it again and polish things up on reassembly.

I've put in so many PRP triggers I think I could do it blindfolded. Having said that, the first one was a chore. I don't think there is a better trigger on the market, PERIOD.

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a XDM 45 Competition.  I put the PRP Extreme kit in it.  The kit made a huge difference over the factory trigger.

However, the trigger is still mushy and has a long reset.

I have a Canik TP9SFX with a Freedomsmith trigger in it that puts the PRP trigger to shame.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the PRP trigger in the XDm is the best do it yourself trigger in a striker fired gun.  I have 4 XDm's with a self installed PRP trigger.  I had a Sig P320 and a P320 X5, both with GGI trigger.  And while the GGI trigger definitely improved the Sig stock trigger, it didn't match up to the PRP trigger on the XDm.  I know have a Sig P320 X5 Legion, with a stock trigger.  And it's a nice improvement but it still doesn't measure up to the PRP on the XDm.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a single action guy, and everyone I shoot with knows it.  I rib them a lot for shooting plastic guns.  Well, I drew an XD-9 4" from the prize table at the East Coast Steel Championship match.  I was not excited and assumed I'd sell it.  A friend who owned one said the gun was great, but I would hate the trigger.  The gunsmith who was going to ship it to my FFL suggested a PRP Ultimate Match Trigger kit.  He said all of his were great.  So I told him to put it in.  He did and shipped the gun to my FFL.  It had a note in it that read 6.5 lb. factory, 3.5 lb. with kit.  It is smooth and can be drawn back for the first shot without disturbing the sights.  The reset is short, extremely positive and the second shot is a dream.  I'll probably keep the pistol now.  I'm not suggesting it is 1911 good, but for a striker fired gun, it is easily the best I've tried.  The closest was a custom trigger job done by Dave Olhasso on a friend's M&P.  All the drop in kits for Glocks and M&Ps my friends tried were junk IMO.